ShutUp!!
Years ago

Funny Double Header Weekend

With this season being so even so far (with exception of Sturt) this weekend could see some huge shake-ups in the season. I started to write down some scenarios but they are too numerous to list here. Basically only Sturt (even if they lose both) and Norwood (who would not be expected to beat Sturt or Forestville) will probably not move on the ladder.
Hopefully not too many teams will have their weekend effected by injuries or illness as thsi weekend could well be pivotal.
Not game to make too many predictions given the results so far this year, except to say that if North manage to win both their games (against South & Southern) & West & Eastern both lose over the weekend, then North could even be as high as 4th after the Round, which is pretty big considering their start to the season.

Ladder updated (from scores on this site anyway) is:

Team P W L For Agst %
Sturt 11 10 1 1134 952 119
Fville 11 8 3 1080 1035 104
Wville 11 7 4 1100 1042 105
West 11 6 5 1007 1055 95
East 11 5 6 1006 984 102

South 11 5 6 974 1054 92
Cent D 11 4 7 1064 1078 99
North 11 4 7 1016 1028 99
Nwd 11 3 8 965 1036 93
Sthrn 11 3 8 973 1058 92

Topic #3164 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

If anyone has scores from the Sturt vs Eastern games last weekend and North vs Woodville, please email me. If you have boxscores, even better. Need them for the tipping as usual. Cheers.

Reply #36512 | Report this post

frankfurt  
Years ago

watch out for southern!!!!
double win this weekend...with schensher suiting up.
back in the play off hunt at 5-8.
go luke!!!

Reply #36523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Schensher is playing?

Reply #36535 | Report this post

Timberwolf  
Years ago

Certainly a huge chance for North and Southern to get back in the play off race. North having South and Southern, Southern having Centrals and North. You would think that the looser of North and Sothern would stuggle to make it...especially Southern. With North having the home court in this one, I would have to go with them, but Southerns record of more recent times has been pretty good against the Rockets so should be a close one.

Also, Centrals have a must win against Southern. A loss here and they will struggle from here too!

I think West and Woodville is game of the round tho. West need to keep ahead of the chasing group, whilst Woodville trying to cement their top 3 spot.

Forestville and Eastern should be a great match up too. Eastern not in great form, but generally play very well against Forestville, the Eagles needing to respond after a tough loss last week. Some interesting match ups too. Who will guard Davis and Becis, and who will guard Dix and Sullivan?

Norwood, if are any chance at all of sneaking the fifth play off spot will have to get one win this weekend. Will be interesting how much effort they put into the Sturt game. They probably fancy themselves a bit better against Forestville on the sunday at home.

Reply #36536 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Is the Schenscher rumour true?

I did my tips yesterday! May need to review them!

Isaac, can tips be changed by simply re-submitting?

Reply #36542 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yes. I always go by the most recent.

Reply #36545 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Since when has Schenscher Playing back in the abl ??

Reply #36580 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

Schenscher would never play in the abl at this time i mean he has a chance to be playing in the nba in the not to distant future. he would be the stupidest person in the world to do somthing like that.

Reply #36628 | Report this post

Punter  
Years ago

Why would he be stupid may just be looking for a game to keep himself in condition before going to a scouting camp in America or something like that.

Reply #36642 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Luke is training with a number of NBA clubs. Raptors is one of the more recent ones. I don't think suiting for the Tigers fits into his schedule.

Reply #36643 | Report this post

Cosmo  
Years ago

Sounds like the tigers people are a little scared making rumors up and all, maybe the rockets already have the edge in this one

Reply #36645 | Report this post

i wish  
Years ago

Big Red Nut aint playing fullstop, tigers to get Centrals and North without him, capt and Matt H

Reply #36648 | Report this post

franky  
Years ago

the tigers have shown they dont need any help getting the rockets scalp...for some reason they just play well against north.....kent and the hamburgler just go to pieces as does hawkes...mckay would need 40 to get them over the line....they might beat south though.....go you black boys!!!

Reply #36658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Franky...

If getting 20 (50%), 7, and 3 is going to pieces, then your right...Hambour went to pieces last time they matched up.

Reply #36700 | Report this post

english student  
Years ago

For crying out loud its loser not looser. Why do all you losers write looser.

Reply #36704 | Report this post

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

I know that South & Woodville won Saturday night, and have been told that Forestville & Centrals also won. I assume that Sturt defeated Norwood at Pasadena so that should make the ladder look like this after Round 12.

Team P W L
Sturt 12 11 1
Fville 12 9 3
Wville 12 8 4
West 12 6 6
South 12 6 6

East 12 5 7
Cent D 12 5 7
North 12 4 8
Nwd 12 3 9
Sthrn 12 3 9

Still fairly even, with the top 3 having cleared out from the pack. Southern & Norwood are still mathematical chances provided they win their least 6 games for a 9/9 end of season record.

Reply #36832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hear Eastern girls beat F/ville. Who if anyone were the Eagles missing? Anyone see the game?

Reply #36835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

did loveday complain about the refs did he accuse them of cheating or making his team lose? isn't that his normal refrain

Reply #36837 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

If he hasnt complained about the refs he should they were appaling

Reply #36852 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:06 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754