VP
Years ago

SEABL Round 8

The Pioneers-Supercats game would have been a great game to watch with Mt Gambier flying home from 15 points down with just over 3 minutes to play to get within 3 points. Looks like they had some chances to level the scores but the Supercats held on for a close win.

They always seem to be able to do just enough at the right time to win the close ones - mostly due to experience I'd imagine.

Geelong (9-2) top of the East Conference with Bendigo (7-3) stringing 6 wins in row to keep the pressure on the Supercats. Frankston (6-4) have climbed the ladder into 3rd after a horrow start and have won 4 of last 5 games despite injuries.

Dandenong (5-5) finding different ways to lose games they should be winning. Canberra (6-6) will win fair share of games but are probably one player short to be a real finals threat.

Mt Gambier (8-4) head the South Conference but have been up & down over the last month while Hobart (6-4) have stepped up after a slow start to be second. Both these teams will probably finish 1-2 but I expect Hobart to finish top.

Kilsyth (5-5) have improved with a couple of wins in recent weeks along with NW Tassie (5-5).

Ballarat (5-7) having started the season red hot have gone mysteriously cold since Lucas Walker joined the Miners - I did wonder if his inclusion would help or hinder the team. Perhaps having Walker-Hanson-Young all on the court is not a good balance for Coach Flint.

Knox (3-8) have gone totally missing with the injury to CJ - hope he can return soon or else the season may be over for Raiders.

Both the East & South Conference Top 4 teams could change in another month so we will have to see who is more determined to play SEABL finals after queens birthday weekend.

Topic #31656 | Report this topic

Bear  
Years ago

Great games, competitive and high scoring. Just what we want to see when we watch hoops. With better coverage, like TV, tell me it wouldn't be a winner..!

Nice wrap VP, top four to six teams will probably fight it out, but still a few weeks to go before things are sorted out and a dark horse can emerge...

Reply #418632 | Report this post

Green98  
Years ago

Well picked VP-Walkers inclusion with Ballarat has not helped, he has continually got the refs off side,
he is not the only one, Ballarat have been one of the best rebounding sides in the comp, if you go through the stats- the early games Hanson and Young were getting way more ball than they are receiving now,
suddenly players want to jack up 3s with the percentage very low- just get the ball to the imports- all the stats from when they were winning are there for everybody to compare- Also with Fisher being missing for 4 games with the Emus hasnt helped- for a 19yo and a true point gaurd- this kid is going to be a future star.A very unselfish player.

Reply #418666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Saw the highlights from the Geelong v Mt Gambier game. You wouldn't know Geelong won! Amazing and1 there as well...
Then I see Cannan with 33pts and 11 rebounds in the game of the week and can't get player of the week?

Reply #418723 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:04 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754