Tiger Watcher
Years ago

Underperforming teams - Big V

just looking around the Big V and at roughly the halfway point (Team played 10-12 games) i think there is a number of underperforming teams which i've made a list of below.

**Please note i left off teams that were expected to be no good!**

Hume City - Struggling not very talented but still you'd expect better!

Warrandyte - Not sure whats happening but surely the coach might be under pressure!

Warrnambool - Struggling but always tough to resruit depth

Camberwell - Thought with Lowery & Bryar joining would have helped them but they appear to have gone backwards

Topic #31713 | Report this topic

Highlighter  
Years ago

Hume City - I think they are almost at basketcase point, a loss to Bulleen was probably expected, but the shellacking that got was not!
Agree re Camberwell, thought they would have a better record but they may gel in the second half of the season.

Reply #419500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Keysborough D2 massively underperforming

Reply #419502 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Keysborough and i expect Sth Pen had high expectations as they want to move upto Championship.I would say they are a couple of years away from that as they only now starting to get there structure right under the President/CEO.

Reply #419504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Keysborough have been disappointing. With the recruits they have managed to obtain. The likes of Benn, O'Hara, Brook, and Pilkinton. The result at the weekend was surprising. Pilkinton has been suiting up for the Youth team and not getting a game with the men. What is happening in Cougar territory?

Reply #419508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hume are performing roughly where that roster would get them, the club and board are the ones under performing.

Reply #419509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doesn't this happen every year at keysborough?
'Stacked' roster, pre season hype, big signings etc, then just head scratching results?

Reply #419516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The problem could be the fact that it is indeed
A stacked roster and players possibly don't
Know their roles

Reply #419525 | Report this post

BB  
Years ago

Warnambool aren't underperforming... they are rebuilding and I think they were well aware of that when they started the season

Camberwell are underperforming, they just simply aren't deep enough. Apart from their big 3 of Lowery, Bryar and Lynch they really don't have much else to look to for scoring options. They were one of the deepest teams last season, what happened?

Warrandyte are obviously underperforming as well. They have been underperforming since the start of last season. Would surely have to be something to do with team chemistry as they do have a talented list.

Another team underperforming would be Melbourne Uni, talked up big recruits and signings at the start of the season and then apart from their big win against Warrandyte they have been less than impressive.

Reply #419529 | Report this post

VP  
Years ago

For me its Keysborough - runner-up in 2012 when they were probably favourites to move up to Div 1 then losing to Craigieburn Eagles in games 2 & 3 at home after winning Game 1 at Eagles!

They added some strong players after 2012 to the squad who probably could be playing Div 1 and Kevin Benn who has been playing Championship at Waverley so you would have expected a strong showing by this stage but they just haven't come together.

Maybe they are still hung-up on the grand final series loss.

Reply #419543 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Keysborough and Warrandyte for sure.

Don't think Camberwell fall into this category as they literally go 3 deep and in a tough D1M competition that is not going to get you into finals.

Reply #419558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most surprising and biggest upset would nearly be sunburys victory over mildura on the weekend! That team if it gets hot from outside can be dangerous

Reply #419561 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

The Cougars from Keysie might be having some teething issues this year due to the influx of new talent.

Warrandyte have had the same core team and add the PG they needed but still can't fire, might be a case of two many guys who think they are the stars when really they ain't that good...but hey should be top 3 in confernece on talent levels alone so currently the coach would be feeling the squeeze!

Reply #419575 | Report this post

Sugar  
Years ago

Yep Melb Uni and Keysborough are the two biggest ones talked up the new rosters and havent preformed at all!
But think both could use a new voice to coach them.

Reply #419598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Keysboroughs recruiting done by the same Genius that out together the Lakers roster this year LMAO

Didnt they play in the Championship series last year?

Reply #419606 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Keysy just expected to be given the title. Maybe people forgot to tell them they still had to play for it.

Reply #419608 | Report this post

B-Man  
Years ago

This is nothing new for Warrandyte, they have had the best team on paper the last few years and have lost in the first round of the finals the last 2 years and will struggle to make it this year. Just proves you can't buy a championship.

A couple of teams in Div 1 like Melbourne Uni, Sunbury and Blackburn would have been disappointed with there start to the season but are starting to hit there straps now.

I think there is easily 6 teams that could win Div 1 this season, it's going to be a great second half to the season.

Reply #419611 | Report this post

BB  
Years ago

B-Man could you please name the 6 you think could win it?

Reply #419614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My Guess 6 teams that can win D1 are:
Mildura
Whittlesea
Chelsea
McKinnon
Hawthorn
Latrobe

Reply #419624 | Report this post

B-Man  
Years ago

Anon hit the nail on the head there, they are the 6 teams I was thinking of.

Reply #419627 | Report this post

BB  
Years ago

I still think that if Warrandyte manage to scrape into finals you wouldn't want to play against them.

Apart from that then I completely agree. Only 2 teams are actual threats from the West side.

Reply #419630 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

The way warrandyte are going they won't make finals!

Sad to say but appears that money can't buy you wins, but maybe a coaching or personell change might be in order to get them heading in the right direction

Reply #419639 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:10 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754