AK-47
Years ago

Kyle Miller - Could he play NBL?

For those who don't know, Kyle Miller is the import point guard for Centrals. I watched him play a week ago against Norwood and was impressed with how quick he was, how he consistently got teammates good looks and how he scored the ball inside and out. He had something like 35 and 7 this weekend against West. I wasn't at the game but I imagine Cadee probably guarded him? Wonder if anything thinks he'd be worth it as a (very) cheap import at NBL level. I would've thought the Sixers could have invited him to be a part of the training squad atleast for training bait?

Curious to here thoughts!

Topic #31715 | Report this topic

AK-47  
Years ago

Oh wow, hear*

Reply #419528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is no doubt he can play at that level!!

Reply #419531 | Report this post

MIM  
Years ago

if he had to be an import than obviously not, but if he got nationalised maybe

Reply #419535 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Cadee did not guard him

Reply #419540 | Report this post

Rhythm Willie  
Years ago

He is actually pretty hard to guard if his outside shot is dropping as he is quick , athletic, two handed,reasonably tall for a guard and and takes the ball inside very strongly. He is also pretty young and will improve further.

In ABL his stats also show plenty of assists and rebounds (if Chris Clausen does'nt get them).

Reply #419542 | Report this post

Richard  
Years ago

Seen him play a number of times this year. There is no doubt he could play at NBL level, he was almost unguardable on the weekend. Was shooting pull up 3s in transition and driving hard when the D stepped up. Also has a great mid range stroke and handles the ball extremely well and distributes his team mates.
Has a very solid well rounded game.

Reply #419546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is the thing stopping guys like Miller and Millard getting a go in the NBL there import status? if they were Aussies or naturalised would they get a look in?

Ar guys like this trying to naturalise, would definatly help there career.

Reply #419549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Millard has been with three clubs in a short period of time. have heard coaches scream at him that he is not listening nor doing what he was asked to do, think that would stop him.

Plus with Miller he is good at ABL level doubt he would make the next step.

Reply #419552 | Report this post

Hmmm  
Years ago

Miller has good skills but no basketball brain. Takes horrible shots at the wrong times. Can make them but gets all team mates standing stagnant while he shows off. Not a smart enough ball player for NBL. Good guy though.

Reply #419564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Neither is a capable NBL player.

Daly is better and he's not really an impact player.

Reply #419565 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

In regards to Miller not being a smart player, I tend to disagree. From what I've seen he seems to be the kind of import that is a willing passer and generally has a pretty good understanding of when to shoot and when to distribute.

I also disagree re Daly. I think Miller is better. Miller is a better shooter, a better scorer and potentially a better distributor as well.

From all reports Millard left North because of disagreements with Pero. Pero is a douche so that doesn't surprise me. He then went to Eastern. Again, can't really fault him for wanting to leave there. Now at Norwood, it will be interesting to see where he goes from here. I just don't think he has what it takes to play in the NBL. If one of these two guys will make it, my money is on Miller.

On a side note. How much good would one of these guys do for the ABL if they were to get an NBL gig through their performances in this league? Would that attract more imports of similar calibre to come and play here?

Reply #419593 | Report this post

Sixerfan  
Years ago

Would either be great SEABL imports? Doubt it very much.

Reply #419605 | Report this post

Anonalso  
Years ago

Exactly.

Reply #419621 | Report this post

Franga  
Years ago

Mildura has a 6'7 guard out of Virginia Tech that had 30 points on Centrals in the pre season game in Mildura would be cheap and can dead set play, they should look at him, yes I am from Mildura and maybe alittle bias but our coach always seems to get good imports but dont seem to get a chance.

Reply #419693 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I would love to see a scratch match with all the potential Sixers imports. Each Assistant Coach with a team.

Now that would fill the Dome.

Reply #419697 | Report this post

Franga  
Years ago

Great call Jack

Reply #419708 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:58 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754