daze
Years ago

Is Nathan Sobey that good?

Passing through a small vic town the other day I noticed this article. Is this guy an NBA chance? Why is he not on the boomers radar?

http://www.standard.net.au/story/1507354/one-step-at-a-time-as-warrnambool-guard-ponders-life-after-us-college-basketball/?cs=383

Topic #31721 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Short answer. Because he's not the good. Simple.

He plays a minor role in a small Div1 college team. There's another 20 Australian guys over in the USA doing the same thing as he is.

When he's done with college he'll be SEABL quality, no better.

Reply #419647 | Report this post

music maestro  
Years ago

wyoming were ranking in the top 25 at the start of the last season (pre Christmas) but dropped out as the season wore on.

Reply #419648 | Report this post

music maestro  
Years ago

all the best to him though for making a go of it - who knows what the future brings for him.

Reply #419649 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

SEABL definately not NBL material.

Reply #419650 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

"I'll let that control itself. I’m not going to plan too far ahead in case something happens. (The NBA) is the main goal but we’ll see what happens."
3-4 PPG.

Incidentally, I wonder what the lowest college PPG output has been for an NBA drafted player?

Surely it would be realistic to throw your name in the NBA hat for a laugh then aim for trials with NBL teams or try to get noticed via the SEABL?

Reply #419651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will be a ok point in the SEABL. Good athlete with ok jump shot. Strong handle with good cross over. Supercats have shown interest in him.

Reply #419666 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Stats aren't everything Isaac ;)

Reply #419685 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

The kid will be a solid rotation SEABL player when he returns...or he might want to be the "Star" at the 'bool!

Would be a good pick up for the Pioneers to help add depth

Reply #419918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Might be worth checking the stats on this kid now

Seems to be earning some respect

Reply #461937 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:31 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754