Isaac
Years ago

Spurs vs Grizzlies series

Obviously still time to play in the second game, but the Spurs look to have the edge again. 46-31 at the half. Will the Grizzlies be able to challenge them?

Were the Warriors better than we thought, given that they seemed to trouble San Antonio more?

Topic #31727 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Grizzlies appear outmatched so far...

Mills, Blair and T-Mac likely to get some burn today!

Reply #419730 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Memphis have fought back. So much for my wondering if the Spurs had a strong buffer head to head!

Reply #419742 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

wow 21-9 last quarter so far..Younger legs perhaps?

Reply #419745 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Overtime!

Reply #419749 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Some interesting stats from the game.

Tony Parker 18 assists
Memphis Grizzlies 19 assists

Zach Randolph starting 1-6 from the FT line before finishing 3-8.

Manu Ginobili was called for a flagrant foul on Tony Allen.

The Grizzlies took 14 more shots and 9 more FT's but still lost.

Obviously you can't write of the Grizzlies yet, there's a long, long way to go but these stats are pretty damning!

Reply #419750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No game time for Patty Mills? I don't get why they wouldn't play him at least for some offensive injections.

Reply #419754 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Because the spurs go ten deep without him and have plenty of better options at the PG. Do you even watch NBA?

Reply #419755 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

What a last quarter by the Grizzlies! Spurs are just too deep and appear to be injury free* at the right time of the season...

(* Touch Wood)

Reply #419757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Patty is a better PG than Corey Joseph

Reply #419764 | Report this post

philly  
Years ago

It is true that Patty Mills is an elite player but at this time of year coaches like Pop like to have their rotations in order and do not like to sway from those rotations and unfortunately Patty didn't make his way into that roatation depsite being a quality player. Promising times ahead though...

Reply #419767 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Would not at all be surprised if the Grizz win the series from here. If it's 2-2 coming back to San Antonio, I think Memphis will get it done

Reply #419770 | Report this post

Choppy Galopy  
Years ago

Some great D today from first half Spurs. This is far from one sided. Great 6-7 game series here.

Reply #419777 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Tony Allen is a soft cry baby. I saw the foul Manu pulled off on him.

Tony grabbed his head and rolled around like a baby. Must have been watching soccer.

I agree it being a flagrant though as he did risk breaking his forearm unable to brace the impact.

Tony Allen looked silly.

Reply #419838 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:40 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754