Anonymous
Years ago

NBL De merger - Will it actually happen?

Story on Adelaide Now makes you wonder if the major players have jumped the ship (they have apparently gone overseas).

Mmm... Sounds suss to me. Why would you go overseas at a crucial time like this?

Anyone got any further info or suggestions?

Topic #31734 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

I suspect it's more a case of when not if.

Reply #419817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would Statveris and Kestlemen (two major players for the New NBL) go overseas at a time like this?

Reply #419818 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Will all depend on the TV deal.I believe the deal is currently with BA so if they want to change it Channel 10 might want to recut the deal which would mean less coverage.

Reply #419819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the new board is serious about rejuvenating the NBL, they will get a more lucrative TV deal, with more games telecast. Maybe FOX?

Reply #419821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ The A League and Netball have done it, why not basketball?

Reply #419823 | Report this post

ashman  
Years ago

There is a Tech conference on in the US maybe they are at that as a part of their business

Reply #419826 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

I would suggest they've gone overseas because bball isn't their main thing. Either they're on a business trip (which keeps bball ticking over) or they've had holidays booked for months.

I agree Paul's statement "when, not if". Kinda sad. I thought it was great when they merged, as it had huge potential to have a more seemless progression for players to go from Juniors to SEABL/College to NBL to Europe/NBA to Boomers (or some variation).

As a Bullets fan, it was always disappointing that there was seemingly little connectedness between the (corporate) Bullets & what was going on in local basketball. As one dad of a promising junior said "why would my son go to a bullets game when there's no-one from his club or local tournaments even sitting on the end of a Bullets bench and little chance to play for them." Well, that's my rant.

Reply #419827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Basketball isn't their main thing"

Why be the leaders on the new board then?

Reply #419830 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

Basketball ratings are worse then lawn bowls

Reply #419840 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I'd be ill at ease with a demerger not complete
and a Ten contract doing a Damocles

Reply #419847 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Is anyone else pumping in the same money?

Reply #419848 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can they De-Merge to a point but stay under BA enough to honour the existing tv contracts?

Maybe stay under the BA banner but set up there own commission to run the league, which would be made up of owners and others who are planning to run the new league, would that acheive the best of both worlds?

Reply #419849 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

"Basketball isn't their main thing"

Because they probably either own companies or are senior employees... their high levels of income & experience probably give them skills that are transferable to a board position.

Is basketball Mark Cuban's main thing? As far as passions go... probably yes. Main money earner? Probably no. At least it wasn't last time I checked in.

Reply #419860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basketball ratings are worse then lawn bowls

On an aggregate level basketball is miles ahead, it has much more product to offer.

Reply #419867 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

BA has just issued a press release saying a Heads of Agreement has been signed.

Reply #419908 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Press release and thread here regarding the de-merger go-ahead HOA and commitment.

Reply #419910 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

The irony.

Reply #419917 | Report this post

Hawkeye  
Years ago

The wheel keeps turning. Prefictable

Reply #419940 | Report this post

Hawkeye  
Years ago

Predictable sorry

Reply #419941 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:57 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754