Dave
Years ago

how do you search for members

I don't know how you search for members on this forum. Does such a function even exists?

Topic #31753 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

What are you trying to find?

Google search isolated with site:hoops.com.au may help you.

Reply #420130 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Trying to contact someone on this forum, Not sure how to do that.

Reply #420131 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Who are you trying to contact?

Reply #420136 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

todd gack

Reply #420137 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Todd Gack is a fictional character from Seinfeld. I don't think the Todd Gack posting on Hoops is an actual Todd Gack, just someone using it as an alias.

Reply #420146 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

that is his username on the forum. My question is this: How is this a 'forum' when members of it can't even contact other members?

Reply #420151 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Ouch! You obviously don't wont Isaac's help then Dave.

I think Todd Gack is out making bets with chicks so he can take them out.

Reply #420158 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

No I mean anywhere else it would take me 5 seconds to search for a member, find him and then pm here. Here I have to make a thread about it?

Reply #420159 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

This isn't set up like many other forums which require an account to post. You might've noticed that you just asked your question without using an email address, etc.

The person posting as Todd Gack did the same. They are essentially anonymous and there is no account for you to PM.

Reply #420167 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Is there ever any plans to make this forum account based like ozhoops for example or is it easier to keep it like this so casuals and lurkers can post without needing to register?

Positives for account based would be: easier quoting, likes, PM'ing, reputation, post count

Disadvantages: mainly less attractive to sign up for casuals, especially how it is common for parents of junior kids to rant here or make comments about junior results/state champs etc

Reply #420170 | Report this post

Captain Peacock  
Years ago

hey ingles 13 are you trying to say that you are better than most people on this site? everybody is entitled to their opinion even us so called casuals and lurkers. You should stick to basketball most of those comments you make are fair and reasonable

Reply #420172 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

You have been served!

Reply #420174 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Captain peacock with a D minus troll. Congrats, try harder next time kid.

Reply #420177 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ingles13, yes, soon it will switch to a better hybrid with incentives for registered accounts - reputation as you said, following of particular topics, awareness of people having replied to you, etc. I've done most of the design and have the redesigned version running on my machine but the backend needs a bit of an overhaul still.

Ignore the troll. You posted a perfectly reasonable question and can see the line I'd rather tread (registered users without making it too difficult for occasionals to post).

Reply #420179 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Sounds great Isaac...looking forward to it

Reply #420192 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Ingles, you're the kid here. Having a look back at your posts from a few years ago, you were clearly an early-mid teen. Do me a favour and take a trip down memory lane. You would suck up to all the other posters here and say things like "I think my dream team is killa" and you'd use emoticons. Now, your balls have dropped and you think you're the king of the world. You're a virgin, can almost guarantee that. You have no respect on this forum, I can tell you that much.

btw, do you like my nice quoting, mate? Beautiful isn't it.

So pretty, these yellow lines.

Go get laid and you'll find your frustrations will subside a bit. #yolo #swag #pleasegetlaidingles

Reply #420225 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Stuffer, quit it with the baiting. At least Ingles13 is on topic.

Reply #420249 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

2 poor trolls in one thread. Lakers fans hitting a new low!

Reply #420260 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

I'm actually a Pacer fan like you, Ingles.

Reply #420263 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

Like LC posted, also looking forward to it.

I haven't been on here much lately so I may have missed some threads on the upgrade, but is there any news since this thread, Isaac?

Reply #427600 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I just got back this morning from overseas so might take me a while to get back into work, etc. Sorry!

Reply #427608 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

Welcome back Isaac

Reply #427717 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Bring it on Isaac... Improvements are welcome, idiots are not so much!

Reply #427755 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:02 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754