LC
Years ago

Hornacek set to be announced as Suns Coach

Jeff Hornacek has agreed in principle to become the next head coach of the Phoenix Suns, sources confirmed to ESPN.com.

Hornacek, who had a 14-year career as an NBA player and recently served as an assistant with the Utah Jazz, will sign a three-year deal as early as Sunday night to join the Suns, according to sources.

Sources: Suns to hire Jeff Hornacek

How will he go? I don;t know much about his coaching prowess...

Topic #31767 | Report this topic

Curtley  
Years ago

Another handy white player becomes a head coach.

Reply #420316 | Report this post

Rod  
Years ago

To sign him on a 3yr deal is ridiculous

Reply #420318 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

I can't speak on his coaching ability either, but I just had a look at his player profile. He had quite a few seasons where he was so, so close to having a 50/40/90 shooting season. His career shooting percentages ended up being 0.496 FG%, 0.403 FT% and 0.877 3FG%. In summary, he could shoot the basketball!

Reply #420331 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Sorry, stuffed up above. It was 0.403 3FG% and 0.877 FT%.

Reply #420332 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Hornacek was an awesome shooter during his playing days. Curious to see how he'll go as a Coach.

Reply #420355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I want everyone on the team to start to pat their face before they shoot their free throws. That would be great.

Reply #420385 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:45 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754