Anonymous
Years ago

Will Patty Mills get his long awaited ring?

Looking like he could! Just another award to add to his accolades.

Topic #31776 | Report this topic

alexkrad  
Years ago

long awaited?

:o/

Reply #420502 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

:facepalm:

Reply #420504 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

4 years in a league is long awaited now?

Reply #420506 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

yes, I had to laugh when I read that. Long Awaited? It would make more sense if 1... he had been in the league for about a decade.. or 2, he had played enough to warrant really feeling deserving of one.

Reply #420513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

a ring for a towel waving mascot

Reply #420514 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

hahahaha what a comment deserves an award! please tell us your name hahahaha poor patty been waiting so long, if pattys ring is long awaited then how does poor steve nash feel!

Reply #420517 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

You guys are being trolled.

Reply #420520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No troll- just interested to see if another aussie will get their championship ring. It has been a long path for patty playing ais, college, nba, china and nba again. He's a top quality player and will be good to see him get his ring.

Reply #420524 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

why are there so many patty haters in this forum? the bloke is 5ft 10 and plays in the nba on top of that he moved to a foreign country to follow up on his potential. The fact that he is not Allen Iverson apparently means he is no good. He is also playing on one of the top 2 teams in the league which is one of the main reasons he isn't playing much.

Leave him alone and support him other wise I'm dobbing.

Reply #420529 | Report this post

philly  
Years ago

x2 curtley. Patty is a beast and deserves nothing but respect. I still remember when everyone was saying he wouldn't make nba and now he is playing on the second best team in the league.

Reply #420532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what about aron baynes long awaited ring he's been waiting half a season

Reply #420535 | Report this post

#45 hoops  
Years ago

go patty mills

Reply #420542 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

According to ESPN he's 6'0.

Watching my Spurs beat Memphis today to head to the finals, towards the end of the first quarter Patty Mills got a huge wrap from Van Gundy about his energy and being such a valuable chemistry guy. Have to say, I loved hearing good things about our patty on national US TV!

Reply #420545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anyone see the game today? there was a few minutes where the commentators were talking about patty on the bench but I missed what they were saying

Reply #420547 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Whether he gets any time or not, no one can take away the fact that he's in the NBA finals with a great organisation. Best of luck to him, and what an experience!

Reply #420548 | Report this post

Choppy Galopy  
Years ago

Van Gundy was a huge fan of Millsanity today. Talking about his ability to score, energy as a team-mate etc. he went on the record as saying that if Millsy was at Memphis he would be the back-up pg and Dejuan Blair would be the first big off the bench.

Great stuff, never boring when JVG is on the air.

Reply #420549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks KET must have posted that at the same time

Reply #420566 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

love the photo in this article

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/basketball/spurred-on-to-nba-success-20130528-2n9w9.html

Reply #420567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jeff Van Gundy:

"You know what I love too, Patty Mills. Who is Patty Mills? He's the 12th guy, a very capable point guard, that is their third point guard, but if you see him in every Spurs huddle he is leading the spirit. I just love it. And you saw him there congratulate Parker on his start. I just love that guy....

He can score. You see Patty Mills right there. This guy is an NBA point guard. And they’re all hugging Duncan but Patty Mills wants his share too….No, but if you watch him the whole game, you can see why they have the right guys, they have team first guys. Patty Mills and others over there like DeJuan Blair, who started many games for the Spurs who gets no minutes now, could be complaining and moaning, instead they’re into the game……I tell you how deep they are, Blair would be the first big off the bench for Memphis and Patty Mills would be the backup point guard….

(The camera now pans to Patty Mills as he celebrates a Tiago Splitter bucket)

And there’s my guy. I tell ya, if I ever coach again, this is the type of guys you need to keep the energy up through a long, I mean look at this guy (laughing, as Patty does his thing on the bench), through a long NBA season."

Reply #420568 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Reply #420584 | Report this post

Pete Mac  
Years ago

2nd last post quoting the commentator says it all .... do any of you think Patty Mills cares what absolute tripe you blokes carry on with. He's a team player in a sport of individuals and good on him. most of you losers have no place even making comment on a decent young bloke trying his hardest in the best comp in the world. bah!

Reply #420589 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

I must admit what people say is a bit of a joke, Patty Mills makes more money then and is a far better player then anyone on this board... even if he doesn't get a single minute in the finals hes still outshone all of us. I do laugh at 'long awaited ring' however.

Reply #420600 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He is also going to be much better at the end of his stint at SAS. Like Ingles at Barcelona, it's about picking the right time to say 'now I need to play' and then getting to the right club where he can make the most of everything he's learned (assuming that doesnt happen at SAS).

Reply #420606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blah blah blah what a joke

Reply #420607 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:08 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754