LC
Years ago

Lemanis set to Coach World Uni Games Team

Boomers coach Andrej Lemanis will on Wednesday be announced as coach of the Australian men's team to contest the World University Games in Russia.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/basketball/gaze-gets-international-gong-20130528-2n8de.html#ixzz2Ue9CsMvP

Topic #31780 | Report this topic

Vart  
Years ago

This makes complete sense, which is not always something you've been able to say about BA appointments. Quote from BA 'The expanded role will see Lemanis officially take control of all Australian men's open age national teams'. For mine, Lemanis should also be in charge of the U19 team too (after next World Champs).

Reply #420602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There would be too many clashes between u/19 camps/ boomer camps tours etc.

Its great that Lemanis is the H/C of Boomers & World Uni Games Team... this works. But I think we should keep other coaches i.e. atm Cotter and Watkins on the junior teams. It develops more international coaches and avoids clashes.
Andrej is still the one to set the agenda/ curriculum and content for the team/s though.

Reply #420662 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:22 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754