Benno
Years ago

Brock Motum works out with Houston Rockets

From Brocks twitter: "Thanks to @HoustonRockets for the workout today... Blessed to have these opportunities" Good to see, Delly is set for a work out with Minnesota tomorrow. Anybody heard any news on Broekhoff?

Topic #31784 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Thanks for sharing...

I have not seen anything about Broekhoff this month. I know he hired an agent and has been training twice daily plus 4 weight sessions per week in preparation. Worst case scenario for Ryan is that he uses his Dutch passport to play as a local in Europe

Reply #420661 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

Great news, Chandler Parson was drafted by Houston in the Second Round of the draft in 2011, and has a not to dissimilar game to Brock. although Brock's numbers in college were much higher than Parsons who played on a better team. Houston has a 34th pick in this years draft, so it would be great take Motum their but unlikely. His best bet will probably be with some Summer league opportunities though.

Reply #420665 | Report this post

daneo  
Years ago

@lanceuppercut, Parsons game is totally different to Motum. I like your optimism but first love and now Parsons.. If recruiting was based on pure college stats Aaron Bruce would of been drafted top 10 in his rookie year.

Reply #420689 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

And he might of been daneo if he had of declared. The same could be said of AJ Ogilvy, who most likely would have been a lottery pick if he had of declared after his freshman year. The NBA draft is all about timing. Unfortunately the longer you stay in school, the longer other coaches have to work you out, and the longer the NBA scouts have to see all your weaknesses.

Reply #420690 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

Agree Vart.
Daneo, I am comparing Motum to Parsons because he was a 2nd round pick and Motum worked out at Houston, I was also comparing his game in college not at the NBA, having watched him at the gators,and said that they play "not too dissimilar" not that they are same players. I agree that how player plays at college is only an indicator of how they will play at the next level.
For instance, Parsons shot a woeful 55% from the Free Throw line in his 4 years at the Gators and which actually became worse the more he was at college, but is now a 75% FT shooter at the NBA. I also said that Motum is unlikely to be drafted and his best shot will be the summer leagues.

Reply #420706 | Report this post

daneo  
Years ago

Exactly,
Parsons over 4 years in college averaged 10pts and 6 rbs agame. Its not just about teams working out your weeknesses, but its your tangible/potential NBA skills. See Major Majok for a Australian example, drafted late second round because his potential. Is he or will he ever be as good "basketball" player as Motum, prob no. Comparing players on stats in college is not the best indicator as there are so many more tangible differences.

Reply #420707 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:46 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754