TIGER
Years ago

CLASSIC 2013

ok so what are the predictions for the classic 2013. Don't know much about the girls side but on the boys here are the winners.

U12 boys Melbourne
U14 Boys Dandenong
U16 boys Melbourne
U18 boys Waverley

Topic #31855 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't underestimate Hills in the 16's. Were National Champs in the 14s with this group.

Reply #421820 | Report this post

BB  
Years ago

Boys
12s Melbourne
14s Melbourne
16s Eltham
18s Keillor

Girls
12s Bulleen
14s Sandringham
16s Eltham
18s Knox

Reply #421838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are any playersissing due to Australian camps? If so is there a list posted anywhere?

Reply #421850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

all I know is no SA teams are any where near it.

Reply #421853 | Report this post

Toe Bee  
Years ago

Disagree - I think Centrals U14 boys will medal. They have size, depth & the best coach our state has to offer. I'd be surprised if they do not come top 4.

As for the rest of SA - I doubt we will get any top 8s in U12s & maybe one or two in U16s/U18s in the boys.

Reply #421864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think U14 Boys will be interesting, good to see a Queensland team involved.

Can anyone provide any info on the Gold Coast team?

NSW has been producing some good men over the past few years. Can Hills, Northern Suburbs or Penrith be a threat?

Reply #421878 | Report this post

Ruthless  
Years ago

Lockwood = best coach in SA.

Bahahah

Has only won 1 state championsip...

Has never medaled at nationals and classics...

c'mon now, we cant have people mums coming on hear and saying this sort of crazy stuff.

Reply #421882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hi

Reply #421884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

penrith best team in nsw at 9-1. manly and northern suburbs next best 7-3. penrith with a good shot at winning, at least top 4

Reply #421885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac Humphries U16 for Manly missing due to Aus U17 camp.

Reply #421887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

14 boys TOP 4:
DANDENONG
MELBOURNE
PENRITH
CENTRAL

Reply #421893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lockwood would easily be the best coach in SA-in juniors. I mean he has taken a lowly program and developed super succesful u14 teams over the past 2 yrs. Amazing, amazing, amazing.

Not sure too many other coaches at any club anywhere could have had the success he has at the lions.

Reply #421903 | Report this post

Truth  
Years ago

Arguably............

Reply #421904 | Report this post

Ruthless  
Years ago

Didnt he just poach half the team that won U12 state champs?

Not sure how that is developing players.

Reply #421907 | Report this post

Toe Bee  
Years ago

Ruthless that's a bit harsh. No matter where they came from that Centrals group had never won much until Toby got hold of them & now look at them. Not just last year but this year too. Not sure what else he'd need to do to prove to you he's the best going around?

Also I have heard our U16 girls group is really strong with 3 potential medal teams coming from SA. Must be a pretty strong state group if the club teams are that good!

Reply #422014 | Report this post

PC  
Years ago

Re the 16 girls...

Sturt and Mavs definitely have the potential to push for a medal, would be great if either one of them could get up there.

However, Forestville will probably not be up there this year. They will be without their best player due to Aus camp commitments, and given they face a tougher draw it will be a big effort to get anywhere near the medals.

Will be interesting to see how many Under 16 teams are without their better kids. Traditionally they don't miss too many due to Aus camp, but as mentioned Forestville are down one, and Eltham supposedly are as well. I wonder if any other teams in the same situation?

But yes, the state group should do well in a few weeks. Would be great to see the team medal on home territory!

Reply #422061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahaha poached. Two kids came across who go to trinity and live two minutes away. In fact he had no discussions with the families and knew nothing about them joining Centrals so get facts right.

Reply #422190 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Under 18 boys final between Sturt and Waverley, any predictions?

Reply #422419 | Report this post

#  
Years ago

some of the best sa finishes for years. waverley for u18b

Reply #422424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone know if Waverley has its full team, with Deng and his mates? Will be hard to stop if they have.

Reply #422435 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

so after hearing how great centrals 14 div1 boys and coach are where did they finish at classics?
What not in the grand final??

Reply #422449 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Anyone know why Shepparton didn't participate in 16 boys at Classic as the CV champs?

Reply #422458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Centrals finished second highest non Victorian team and highest SA team. Played one poor game over weekend. Zone also killed them against Bulleen and lost by 4. No zone at nationals to fall back on.

Think of numbers in the state that these teams have to pick from. Take the positives from the weekend and keep working Friday nights and at training then see what happens at nationals. Last years team finished one position lower yet went 6-2 at nationals including win against a very strong Melbourne tigers team.

Keep being negative on here, you're pathetic. Centrals, their coach and parents are proud of their boys.

Reply #422593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6-2 every team in every big tournament has similar tales of winning games and not making the cut. That's why teams are seeded and there's pool games/crossovers. If you don't take care of business win the games that count by the right margins w/l counts for nothing. What counts is where you finish. Not saying you shouldn't be proud of kids anytime they give their best, but 6/2 doesn't matter, if you don't make the top 4, you don't make the top 4.

I'd expect a team packed with talent, that dominates the SA comp to be the top of all the SA teams. What's your point?

Reply #422597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Point is maybe we shouldn't be telling these kids they underachieved when maybe they actually didn't. Yes tournament play is different and one game can determine a higher or lower ranking, yet still have a good tournament.

I'm sure there are other clubs on here that feel they didn't go as well as hoped, but no need to be negative about it, you build on the positives, work on the negatives and hope by nationals you can compete.

Centrals don't get anywhere the numbers at trials than what the Vic or NSW clubs do so to beat some and compete with others is a positive.

Reply #422600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And lets all sit around the camp fire and sing "Kombyah".

If you don't want people to be negative. Stop coming on here and claiming to have the best coach in SA all the time. Playing against Zone didn't seem to effect the 2 SA U14 girls teams that made finals.

8 SA teams did better than this group and we all have less numbers at trials than Vic and NSW teams.

Look like you might not have the best coach in SA after all.

Reply #422602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Although I've been advised not to comment on this site but I'm going to. I'm Toby I'm coach of Centrals 14 boys. Although an emotional and passionate coach I'm not arrogant. I've coached div 1 for two years and yes had some success but have offered to step down at times to let a "better'" coach step in.

I'm sick of hearing people saying whether I'm the best junior coach in SA. It's ridiculous, ive coached division 1 for two years, and I'm not even the best junior coach at Centrals.

So thanks for the kind words but it's certainly not the case. I hope this doesn't come across as rude.

Reply #422608 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:53 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754