Melbourne Boy
Years ago

NBL.com pathetic!

How can the NBL or even the sport at an elite level survive if the website meant to showcase the sport is so bad.

I just went to NBL.com to read a report on the "Never to be" Boomers game, or even just a box score, and nothing.

To make things worse the last story put up on the site was 3 weeks ago!!! Lift your game NBL, the NBA is starting to grow in popularity here, gotta ride the wave.

Topic #31875 | Report this topic

HO  
Years ago

Just a little pedantry for you, but the Boomers should be covered on the BA site primarily.

Not disagreeing, I think BA are slaughtering the Boomers brand over the last two weeks with their appalling coverage. If reports of yet again rubbish coverage on nbl.tv are correct, then someone should be crucified.

Reply #422253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't find updated transaction tracker and yeah the stories are about 3 weeks old. Do agree with Ho basketball Australia should give more coverage for boomers

Reply #422257 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Theres an article about the game on basketball australias website, but yes your point is valid. The official nbl website is an absolute joke. I suspect the lack of content may have something to do with the de merger of the league and BA?

Regardless its pathetic and theres no excuse not to update content. Despite its issues, its still a professional league and should be kept up to date. Alternatively they should just shut the website down and put a "coming back soon" notice. That will at least show that the nbl might actually be doing something behind the scenes...

Reply #422258 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

The issue of the NBL website has been raised with their supposed digital manager months ago. Aside from offering excuses and buying time, little else has been done. Oh, and also, the stats are wrong but you can use a calculator yourself to work out what they should be (his words).

Reply #422260 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Re: Lack of content, that's a weak excuse. We (ATF) manage to put up something new almost daily! Plenty of things you can do as a digital manager during the off season

- Player movement
- Interviews
- News on what players are doing during the off season
- "On this day" history
- Competitions
- Top free agents
- Stories on up and coming AIS players

You can even just link to other stories on 3rd party websites. Little to no work is needed. Put up 2-3 paragraphs then link to the original story.

With all of that I'm sure you can update the site 5 our of 7 days a week during the slow period.

In saying all of that.. They have been moved from the NBL to doing BA digital management exclusively. So that is actually why there is little to no updates. I've emailed in and offered to update their social media/websites for free. I know the CMS they use as well. But, nothing.

Reply #422262 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

I think they have stopped updating it because BA no longer run the NBL

Reply #422263 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

NBL.com is pathetic and NBL.TV is pathetic. Something needs to be done about NBL.TV, a good idea really went to waste with that

Reply #422267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NBL's website is a joke (especially stats) but to be fair it has been a pretty quiet offseason for player signings.

Reply #422269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I actually rely on this forum for most of my news. Having such a crap website can't be good for the NBL

Reply #422270 | Report this post

Carcus Mamby  
Years ago

nat, are you doing ATF full or part time? just curious

Reply #422271 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

No time? Haha. I have a FT job. So it's more a hobby.

Reply #422273 | Report this post

Carcus Mamby  
Years ago

man thats awsome

Reply #422274 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Logically speaking it would seem the de-merger is creating a lull in NBL promotions that may be a build up to some new media campaign or re opening to start the new season off with a bang?

Hope the lull is not hurting the NBL brand though...

Reply #422284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is no NBL at the moment. BA dont care and they 'own' the remnant website, and the owners havent formed a league yet, so they havent set up their own website yet.

Reply #422288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FFS the NBL and BA have split and its the NBl's problem now.

Reply #422291 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Basketball dot net dot au is Basketball Australia's website and they showed that on the advertising boards at the Australia vs. China game. No mention of NBL.com.au

Whatever excuses or blame, I really don't care, I just want a NBL website that has stories that are seen on the club websites. NBL website NEVER mentioned Woolpert's sacking at all and whilst other sports websites aren't that good they wouldn't leave a breaking story like that alone.

I would love a 'this day in history' section on the NBL website and talking of the past greats (teams, players, administrators).

A where are they now would be great to see how our greats eg. Leroy Loggins are giving back to our great game.

Thanks for this website and ATF as it gives me my basketball fix

Reply #422292 | Report this post

#45 hoops  
Years ago

Hopefully The new nbl has a decent youtube channel next season, with hd highlights.
HONESTLY!
1 hour of work a week for a weekly highlights video, why arnt theydoing this? The nba channel is HUGE maybe nbl should take advantage of this free service.

Reply #422295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most people think the season is called off,because this crap website says nothing?
Gazes wacko lets play during footy season statement is one of the last reports in mainstream media!

Reply #422299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mOST PEOPLE WHO READ THE nbL WEBSITE WOULD ALREADY KNOW WHAT;S GOING ON.

Reply #422309 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:06 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754