boss
Years ago

David Andersen back end of cereer

Righto....is there any chance of a side picking up andersen for the back end of his career???

I know he's on major coin but a lot of players like to finish there careers here befotre they reire so they can get into coqaching or whatever.....im guessing andersens about 32/33 now so if a side looks at grabbing him after this season for a couple of years he could be a massive pickup......im thinking tigers.....hawks prob couldnt afford him

Topic #31877 | Report this topic

YouknowME  
Years ago

Would be good to see.. He would be the best center in the league

Reply #422310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doubt he would be, struggling badly with his body. Has said he'd like to finish back in the NBL, dont know whether it will happen.

Reply #422312 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

His only competition would be AJ Ogilvy. I think he would be the best

Reply #422316 | Report this post

Nike Al  
Years ago

Completion wise I think Matt Knight, Luke Neville, Daniel Johnson and Alex Pledger are better than AJ Ogilvy. Both Luke and DJ in the boomers squad at the moment and AJ is not

Reply #422318 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

AJ has been playing for a very good club in europe (on the same team as allen iverson was)

... and hasnt made himself availible for this poxy china series. Out of the ones you listed just now, only Matt Knight is near the Mark. AJ Ogilvy will be the best center in the league unless Anderson comes in.

Luke Nevill and Johnson are better because there in this D grade Boomers squad? Keep off the pot bro!

Reply #422319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would be great for NBL if Andersen joined next year (he will be 34 then) money shouldn't be too much of a factor considering what he has earned over his career.

Reply #422322 | Report this post

l  
Years ago

For a casual fan like YouKnowMe whether someone played at the same club as Allen Iverson is important, for people who know the game it isn't. Be sikas are no better than New Zealand or Perth, nor are Brose Baskets whom AJ played for this year.

Andersen fully fit would be the NBLs best centre, but he is far from that at the moment. Ogilvy is similar standard to Nevill, Knight, Crosswhite and Pledger, and Johnson if Wright teaches him to play d.

Reply #422338 | Report this post

l  
Years ago

Besiktas, bloody auto correct!

Reply #422339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Youknowme a casual fan wtf he's most likely the same as all of us

Reply #422342 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Oh yeah sure. I am a casual fan and I don't "know the game"... I dont live breathe and bleed basketball or anything like that... I just pop in on these sites every day.. play every day and watch games every day becaise its really one of my lesser hobbys. I am more a soccer or Aussie Rules guy myself.

Reply #422344 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

Aj is way better then any centre playing in Australia.

Reply #422351 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure AJ is currently playing in Germany, he used to play in Turkey for Besiktas (with Iverson) a few years ago and after spent some time playing in Spain.

Reply #422369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Franga

Reply #422388 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ be the first SEABL team to charter a private jet for road trips.

Reply #422391 | Report this post

buck  
Years ago

I did not know about Anderson injuries -but this might explain his up and down form for fenerbache this year ... but would love to see him back.

Having more boomers come back at the end of their euro careers will be great for the NBL and will make me (more a TV fan) turn up to a couple more Tigers games (if he or other returning boomers played for Melb that is)

Reply #422442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Besiktas was 2-12 in Euroleague Top 16. How in the bloody hell does that make them "a very good team"?

Reply #423308 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also Andersen had a horrible year with Fener and he was already cut by the team, that declined his 2nd year option.

Reply #423309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is keen to build his profile back home, I wonder if the Tigers have connections to get him started off court as well as his employment with club?

Would make a handy team:

Andersen 10 - 200/Ballinger 8 - 100
Worthington 9 - 180/Walker 7 - 70
Greer 6 - 70/Odigie 1 - 35
Goulding 9 - 120/??? 1 - 35
Import 10 - 70/Tomlinson 3 - 70

Would obviously have to be a cheap import, but there are many good US point guards out there you can get a good player cheap if you do it right.

Tomlinson showed at end of last year he is ready for 20 minutes a game as well so even a cheaper player like Corin Henry would be good for the Tigers.

Reply #423311 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Would be great to have Andersen in the NBL.

Centers and even Power Forwards in the NBL do work inside the paint. It's not bad.

But it's refreshing/exciting to bring into the league a big man who can pick and pop and nail the outside jump shot.

Would love to see a big man with the fluidity and co-ordination that Andersen has (hopefully the injuries haven't ruined that)

Reply #423317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Might see that above lineup but with Nevill instead of Andersen.

Reply #423323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Andersen would add to Nevill, Crosswhite, Knight, Davidson, Forman, Petrie, Johnson, Hinder, Loughton, Lazare, Ballinger, Wortho, Redhage, Wagstaff as 4s and5s who love to shoot. Would be a league of pick and poppers!!

Reply #423324 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

wait a second. what says hes coming to the NBL?

Reply #423327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't know, who did?

Reply #423332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yet another rumour but if he ever does come back to NBL it's a safe bet it will be with Melbourne

Reply #423343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even though the only NBL team he's ever played for is Wollongong?

Reply #423355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes he played for Wollongong but is from Melbourne

Reply #423357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know that.

Reply #423368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He WILL end up at Melbourne

Reply #423372 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aw , perhaps buy a team .

Reply #423376 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not a bad idea Carmel 31 :)

Reply #423377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Andersen, Barlow,Nielsen it would be good to see these guys finish their careers in NBL

Reply #423401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Barlow? Meh. But Andersen & Nielsen have had very successful careers outside the NBL so agree.

Reply #423424 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Not sure about 'meh' about Barlow I remember he was a pretty big deal for melbourne in his last season. Wouldnt mind a dude like that on my team I just think he was under utilised as a boomer.

Reply #423427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Barlow isn't really boomer quality but definitely NBL quality imo would be a good addition

Reply #423430 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:36 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754