#45 hoops
Years ago

Random idea how to improve the NBL

So the nbl website is pretty bad, and the nbl youtube channel is horrible, i never understood why they don't take advantage of youtube and upload weekly highlights, they're free to upload and increase how much the fans can follow the league.

Heres my idea on what the nbl should do if they are smart;

Hire the guy (or guys) who run the Andthefoul(dot)net website and youtube channel, that website has more and better information than the offical nbl one, and the youtube channel is WAY better.
The guy who runs it cleary has an interest to do it, and if he was hired by the the nbl, he could use their resources to make and manage a awesome NBL site and channel.
Just an idea.
Anyone agree?

Topic #31883 | Report this topic

Statman  
Years ago

The simple/cheap laugh response is to say "yes Nat great idea"

But from what I've seen he's well above self promotional posts on a web forum

That being said yep the NBL needs to find people with passion who will buy into the big picture for the sport/league and go the extra yard rather than just 'do a job'

Can be easier said than done but if you bother to look there are many people about who would love the opportunity to give back to the sport they love - and mr andthefoul.net is a perfect example!

Reply #422397 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Hasn't Nat recently said he has offered his services but didn't get a response?

Reply #422398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Till an ex-basketball old boy or his child starts a web design/hosting business, they'll wait.

Reply #422400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WTF is nat? Howies gone and the NB? are struggling. Once the new NB? get off the ground then all these issues should be sorted.

Reply #422412 | Report this post

#45 hoops  
Years ago

Andrew bogut just tweeted about this!!
Do you think it could be anything to do with this post?

Reply #422413 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Yes #45, it's all because of you. It has nothing to do with the tonnes of other threads or suggestions for this same thing, or because of ATFs strong Twitter presence - it's because you started this particular thread. Well done.

Reply #422426 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Haha thanks guys! I did offer to take over or atleast help out with the NBL's social media but didn't get any replies.

In saying that, since last night and the Bogut & Patty tweets, I've received a few DMs and emails from players saying they would publicly support ATF taking over. So hopefully with this de-merger it might open up some things.

Reply #422427 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

My idea to improve the NBL is that every week each Franchise purchase 3 American Lottery tickets and when one of them wins, BOOM the league is ballin!!

Reply #422431 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

I'm with Mystro. Didn't some lady win close to half a billion dollars the other week?

Reply #422432 | Report this post

#45 hoops  
Years ago

yeah, 600 million hahaha

Honestly, i would love to see natwhereyouat run the nbl site one day, hopefully it happens.

Reply #422436 | Report this post

#45 hoops  
Years ago

imagine if natewhereyouat was in charge of the nbl site, and if the guys from australianbasketballer(dot)com were in charge of the nbl online store!
There would be awesome deals, compettions and daily stats and interesting posts, and the site and youtube channel would be awesome!
I really want this to happen!

Oh, and ''the situation'', i know bogut proberly didnt see this, i just got heaps excited when he posted about the same topic.

Andthefoul > nbl site
Australianbasketballer > nbl store

Anyone else think this?

Reply #422437 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Maybe #45 hoops is indeed Andrew Bogut?

Reply #422438 | Report this post

#45 hoops  
Years ago

haha

Reply #422443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BJs at games.

Reply #422481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It seems atm that the NBL for next season is far from a done deal. Doubt still exists over Townsville getting back in and there appears to be considerable doubt about the TV rights. Channel 10 want a 3 month season with the control now away from BA, 10 are saying we want this deal or no coverage. All games are reportedly to be shown.

Reply #422483 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Seems there was an email that read Ten required the schedule from BA by 06jun13. Later that day the demerger went thru and KK got the insurance cover she needed .

Reply #422484 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

...if there's 7 teams every game televised - 3 months would be sufficient to avoid repetition
or SBS are pretty good.

Reply #422492 | Report this post

#45 hoops  
Years ago

sbs are going to be broadcasting a league games next season, which would mean nbl wouldent get a prime time spot, but it also could mean soccer fans would maybe watch a nbl game if it were right after the a league game?
Maybe a good way to get new fans

Reply #422515 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

I think it all begins with EFFORT

The NBL seems to put very little effort into what they do. The adds that teams do make for themselves are usually pretty weak (only wollongong has a clue)

NBL.TV standard is shocking.. they need to lift there game 1000% I cant believe they have had 2 or so months since the season yet nothing has changed in regards to the poxyness of it.

And yeah ATF should work for the NBL. He has found more interesting ways to promote the league in a month then the NBL has in a decade.

Must also say, with 8 teams.. either add more or shorten the season. Also... A team playing eachother 3 times within a month is ridiculous they need to fix that.

Reply #422516 | Report this post

#45 hoops  
Years ago

^that post.
Thats the exact email that should be sent to nbl.

Reply #422525 | Report this post

#45 hoops  
Years ago

^that post.

Reply #422526 | Report this post

#45 hoops  
Years ago

^that post.

Reply #422527 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

By now , NBL had done a schedule . One with 7 teams
and one with 8 (townsville)

Reply #422559 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:59 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754