Whitey
Years ago

Heat roster next year

I am starting to see chatter on the basketball fan pages about billups going to the heat, as well as a trade of bosh for the bobcats no. 4 pick. I am not sure what to make of this, I hope it's just wannabe gm's yapping.

Anyone else heard anything serious about the heats roster for next year?

Topic #31894 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

This was ESPN:

Billups is a free agent this summer and he has said he'd like to play a few more years before looking at a front office position. Billups will likely re-sign with the Clippers, however he could hook up with another team like the Miami Heat.

"Of course, I would have interest in Miami, of course," Billups told FOX Sports Florida. "I'm wide open. Free agent means free."

Looks like Billups is open to the idea, but with the development of Chalmers & Cole, I wouldn't sign him.

Reply #422623 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Not sure why the bobcats would take Bosh?? He's gonna opt out and be a free agent at the end of next season if he goes there as he doesn't wanna spend his later career at a terrible franchise when he's already proven he will move teams to go for a ring.

Reply #422650 | Report this post

JKIII  
Years ago

they just need a good defensive centre and they'll be fine... never liked dwade and lebron playing together but guess i'll have to live with it. also think spurs have the edge in this series. give this article a read and see if u agree?

http://www.undisputedsports.com/2013/06/nba-finals-basketball-logic-vs-lebron-james/

Reply #422661 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Bosh for Tyson Chandler + second round pick. Who says no?

Reply #422662 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

JK111 i like the article & i picked the Spurs in 7 b4 game 1. I'm sticking with it but i'm nervous. Lebron is Lebron!!

Reply #422666 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Bosh for Tyson Chandler + 2nd rounder is an easy no for me. If the Knicks didnt have Carmelo, then it's probably a yes by them. Bosh and Amare on the same team... That would be awful, and I'd feel for Woodson trying to make that work.

The Knicks don't suffer from a lack of putting the ball into the basket and Bosh offers very little on the defensive end compared to Chandler. For his size, Bosh's rim defence is disgusting, Chandlers is outstanding, one of the best in the league.

Chandler is a defensive anchor which allows the Knicks to play up-tempo and make easy baskets on the break. His transition from defense to offence and vice-versa is good.

Dallas made a huge mistake in letting Chandler walk after he helped them win the ring and busted up the core a season or two after due to shallow playoff runs. That series, Chandler's defense was outstanding and his recent season wasnt far below that standard.

2nd rounders are become more and more valuable to teams. I'd rather have a high second round pick than a late first round pick. Second round picks offer opportunity for little impact on your salary cap. First rounds take a roster spot and down towards the bottom there isn't a huge talent drop off from late first round to early second round.

Reply #422797 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:40 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754