Anonymous
Years ago

Morphett Vale White Ants

Is it true that the morphett vale stadium has a white ants problem and two courts have been closed due to being structurally dangerous?

If so, how are they going to raise funds for new courts and will basa step in and help the Southern Tigers before the club has no stadium.

Topic #3194 | Report this topic

Take Luck  
Years ago

They will just send them to pasadena like the sent the warriors to the dome. the only difference was, the was no problem with athol park!!! did ppl really expext that everything was fine with morphett vale? its a hole. burn it!

Reply #36874 | Report this post

Pickles Housemate  
Years ago

Dear Take Luck,

1st - Care to state which stadium your club plays at?

2nd - my understanding is that Morphett Vale stadium is leased by Southern Tigers from the Onkaparinga Council. I doubt whether Sthn is directly accountable for the floorboards.

3rd - Advocating arson against a person or property can land you in big trouble - Isaac can check your IP and identify you if MV Stadium was to fall victim to an arson attack.

4th - Div 1 U18s didn't play game on court 3 Friday night due to "unsafe floorboards" (or words to that effect). Yet last night there were 2 ABL games played on a court that is renowned for having 3 or 4 dodgy floorboards in the South keyway.

Simply, check out any court in the BASA competition and you can find dodgy floorboards.

White ants? well unless you work for Flick or some other pest extermination company, i wouldn't be so quick to judge.

Before you can MVale, think back to Bowden in the 80s.

Reply #36875 | Report this post

SomeOneElse  
Years ago

I think m/vale is a reasonable stadium, but i had a game their last week 27th may, bring ball down tha court, hit a floor board and the ball went sideways, litterally, my team who is already struggling to win a game and was only 3 points down with a coupla minutes to go at that stage of the game, never recovered from this instance and we ended up losing by 13. How often are floors and rings checked for their quality outside of game time?

Reply #36877 | Report this post

STIP  
Years ago

Where do you people pull these rumours from?

The Under 18 who didn't play should be labelled as "big girls blouses". The precious darlings didn't want to get hurt before Classics. They are setting quite a precedent. If they don't want to play becuase a court has "dead spots" they will be relegated to about 2 stadiums in the entire state!

Reply #36884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They didnt play because the floor boards bent downwards under their weight. Pretty dangerous. Just because no injuries havent happened yet, doesnt mean they wony happen.

Reply #36887 | Report this post

sas sqaut  
Years ago

Get your facts rights STIP before you start making supid comments like that

Reply #36888 | Report this post

STIP  
Years ago

When did I say any of it was fact? It was opinion based on unsubstantiated rumour, just like 95% of this forum.

Reply #36891 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

Pickles Housemate, the dome is where i play, and would much rather be at athol park. i thought i made that fairly clear. do u seriously think i would burn a bball stadium down? it was a figure of speech. and plus it to far away

Reply #36899 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

Stip has it basically spot on

Reply #36912 | Report this post

I don't mind the courts at Morphett Vale, it's the biased refs that I dislike.

Reply #36926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The game was called off because:

The Tigers coach stepped on a spot where he felt he was going to go through the floor. Tried bouncing a ball on the spot and it barely came off the court at all. They tried moving it to another court but the surface there isn't even and hasn't been for a long time. Court One at mvale isn't close to full size and not equipped for an Under 18 Boys 1 game.

THE COACHES decided to postpone the game because of the risk of injury the week before Classics and with Nationals the following month.

The COACHES made the call.

Reply #36928 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Yes that is right.

Reply #36967 | Report this post

Rite  
Years ago

I think it is good to see a coach step in and look after the players saftey. With all the bad floors around the place, it is only a matter of time before an injury caused by a floor giving away occurs.

Reply #36975 | Report this post

prof. shot  
Years ago

before anyone else makes stupid coments about the courts yes they arnt the greatest but neither are norths, souths and what abpout the concrete court at mount barker when will that be fixed

Reply #37168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

prof. shot - the only games played on the concrete court at barker are u12's local league!

back to the issue.

Is there white ants at morphett vale? That could be potentially a massive problem for the tigers, or is it just a rumour someone started after a game got called off for other reasons?

Reply #37169 | Report this post

Right said Fred  
Years ago

Is that the same U/18 Coach who went home early from the classics a coupls of years ago because he said that the players had lost him the tournament and the state job by losing all their games? Maybe he was more concerned about himself and his own results than the players. I wonder if he will leave before the end of this tournament if the players lose it for him again.

Reply #37170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Excuse me anon but I'm an u/21 div one player and we had to play on the concrete court at Mt. Barker just a couple of months ago.

I have played on that court at least 5 times and have been in div 1 all my life so I think you've been misinformed.

Reply #37171 | Report this post

Not Happy  
Years ago

I am playing a senior game at M/vale tmrw night .. Should i bring some nails and a hammer with me ?

If it is true ill fill you all in on Thursday!

Reply #37172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

- Right said Fred,

Which coach are you reffering too? Either way that is a very bold statement to make. Can it be backed up by anyone else?

Reply #37175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Excuse me anon (#37171) but I'm also a player (at mt barker) and on friday nights, they have gymnastics on the concrete court, you must be confusing that court with the parquetry court.

They have never played district on that court so I think you've been misinformed.

Reply #37176 | Report this post

it's funny how the 12's and 14's game wasn't called off for the same reason
With southern looking to buy the stadium is this just a way to get it cheaper!
People keep an eye on your basketball courts just because its nailed down doesn't mean they can't steal it !!!!!!

Reply #37220 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Old school, Go back to school and get an education. Southern are not looking to buy MV, you not even close.

Reply #37245 | Report this post

prof. shot  
Years ago

ive played u16 div 1 games on the court made of concrete so u guys are wrong they use it sometimes and others they dont

Reply #37272 | Report this post

"In the know " you just proved to me your not.

Reply #37356 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Like I said to you earlier, go back to school and learn a little more. Maybe you should also do a business course. There is a difference between leasing and buying.

Reply #37372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Parquetry/Concrete... same ish.. it feels like concrete actually it's more like lino.. Div 1 games shouldn't be played on that- whatever it's made out of.

Reply #37381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah, your right, but dont go bagging the concrete court when you clearly dont know what it is your playing on!!!

Prof shot. You are wrong. There you could not have played any district games on the CONCRETE court, they have gymnastics on there, you are proably confusing it with the 'lino' court.

Reply #37384 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:40 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754