Anon
Years ago

KNOX CEO GONE??

Have heard rumors that the CEO of Knox has had his employment terminated. Can anyone confirm this and does anyone one know why.

Topic #31944 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just pickup the phone and call the club.

Reply #423785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why ^ it's so much more interesting to discuss it on here. Would like to know details as well.

Reply #423788 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

It's factual

Reply #423819 | Report this post

Robbieb  
Years ago

Why don't people put their names to posts?
I think there has been enough said about Knox on this forum. If you want more details ring and speak to a board member.

Reply #423840 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Im sure if thats the case they'll put out a press release.

Reply #423841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't that what a forum is for? To discuss issues!!

Reply #423843 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

So everyone and anyone can just ring board members and get all the details? dont thinks so robbieb! forums are for discussions. youre a bit defensive.

Reply #423846 | Report this post

tried  
Years ago

I called a knox board member who told me that no official comment has been made by the club. I tried peeps!!

Reply #423852 | Report this post

hugh j  
Years ago

hey Robbie is there anyone left at knox to answer the phone?W.C is gone ,mark/manager is gone,almost all the old board!!! I feel sorry for W.C pursued by people with vengance their main motive, sure their was a communications problem but W.C had big plans for Knox that would have them up at the forefront of Vic basketball forever and he was very close to getting the job done!! I( hope these people that have taken over have the contacts that W.C had and his ambition and it will be interesting to see which direction the club is taken. In their first 2 weeks they in my opinion have taken the club back enormously and the scary thing is they are their for TWO YEARS!!!!!

Reply #423857 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Hugh J,

maybe you need to get your facts correct.

Reply #423862 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

I think his facts are spot on.

Reply #423874 | Report this post

hugh j  
Years ago

Anon & anon you are a real stirrer aren,t you!!!
When I click on both anon & Anon you both have exactly the same number of posts!!! You are a fraud!!!

Reply #423877 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Hugh, you present a dilemma. The conditions of working these boards is that posters have the right to anonymity - whatever Robbieb thinks above. However, I really want to know whether the J is for Jackman or Jarse? It has to be one of those two. Please tell us.

And as for clicking on anon and getting the same result, I am guessing that is because username's are not unique here... I will let Isaac explain the technology....

Reply #423880 | Report this post

CR  
Years ago

LOL ... Anon = anon = ANON
It's just a string search
(It's just a flesh wound ?)

Reply #423887 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

WC the scapegoat. Hugh J is on the money.

Reply #423897 | Report this post

T  
Years ago

Knox is turmoil bad

Reply #423935 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

ok. anon. I know absolutely nothing about the Knox situation except what I have read here. However, there have been some suggestions here about the CEO acting outside of his jurisdiction, and allocating monies to a venture (i presume a knox commercial venture not a private one) without the approval of the board.

If that is the case, then he is hardly a scapegoat, and there must be questions about the application of governance by both the board and CEO.

Reply #423948 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL. WC a scapegoat. Far from the truth.

Reply #423955 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

So messy.....

Geelong's CEO has recently left, with some dignity and media reports via the Association through formal and informative methods so everyone who wants to know and is interested can see it was done in the correct manner.

Restructure is being done behind closed doors as it should, for the benefit of ther Assoc' as a whole.

Knox board should be allowed to present their new plans for the future when they have then in place.

Announcement should be made I would think...

Just sayin', why is it so messy down at Knox, must be more to it than just the CEO leaving?

Reply #423963 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Bear, its messy because of what appears to be very poor governance.

- allowing the discontent to get to the level it did without response
- having an SGM called
- getting a vote of no confidence at the SGM and then the board (or some of them) not following the convention of offering their resignatons
- a hostile vote environment at the AGM where 5? new board members are elected
- now having it reported that the CEO has been dispensed with

all of that has been reported here. Sounds like an arrogant (previous) board, and some really poor process = poor governance.

Reply #423972 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

So, BOM gone, Catering Manager gone, CEO gone, Board members gone, Marketing manager gone.........
rumour that many coaches soon to be gone...............
Wow, that's a lot of gones............................

Reply #423974 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Hey HO, Hi HO - it's off to work we go. Nursery rhymes and your BS have one thing in common. Making up stories to keep infants amused.
Unfortunately for you most honest people know WC is the scapegoat covering for a gutless few.
Karma's a bitch - watch and learn rather than take cheap shots.
I look forward to the day when I can say more to prove you are WRONG.

Reply #424034 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Glad I don't have kids playing at Knox right now...

Reply #424037 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

anon. there are those that cannot read, and those who choose not to understand...

I haven't attacked anyone, or spread any bs. I have posted here, in summary, the things that have been previously posted by multiple other contributors. I certainly have not taken cheap shots. I carefully worded both posts.

I even acknowledge that the only knowledge of I have of the Knox situation is what is reported here. I have not added anything extra I claim to know, and for Bear, I again summarised the sequence of events to establish that there appears to have been some very poor governance at Knox - I even used the word "appears".

So before you launch into some childish "i am right, you are wrong diatribe" why not respond to that summary with a modicum of intelligence and perhaps contribute to the discussion.

Unfortunately, saying I "i know WC is a scapegoat" multiple times does not establish that as fact.

And appealing to some hidden authority or grand moral charter "most honest people know" is a purile way to make a point - its sort of the way "fairytales" make their point isn't it?

Reply #424041 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Thanks HO, I'm not disagreeing with you on this at all brother, cheers...

Your summary is fine, but nothing appears to be coming straight from the horses mouth, that is yet to come out I would imagine.

Stay frosty man!

Reply #424046 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

And, yes very childish anon... Mildly funny only!

Reply #424047 | Report this post

hugh j  
Years ago

Ho for someone that only makes opinions based on what you have read in this forum you seem to have given us an awful lot of additional information!!!!
Good luck to the new board I hope they go well for the benifit of the association.
The new board I am sure are very competent and well meaning people but I have reservations about two board members? The real test will come in about August.
I think some people will find that hard working volunteers,coaches and good players don't grow on trees!!!!!!

Reply #424067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The people who are responsible for this are the biggest imbeciles this side of the equator. Knox will pay dearly for this. All those who have come and gone and now come back will be found out for the self indulgent individuals they are. This includes board members and certain office and coaching staff who have returned and brown nosed certain parent groups with an axe to grind. You don't understand the damage you are doing to this association.

Reply #424070 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

All those who have come and gone???????? you dont make sense anon 424070. i cant see one board member/coach/office employee that fits this?????????
Please elaborate- if you can which im tipping you cant as its a rubbish comment.

Reply #424078 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Hi Hugh. Perhaps you and anon (not the real anon obviously...) can get together and take the same comprehension class.

This is a forum. You appear to be very new to it. There have been multiple threads on Knox in recent months. They make interesting reading.

Read what I wrote. Now read all these and let me know what additional information I gave. Then read what i wrote again. Then see if you can respond with some insight.

http://www.hoops.com.au/forum/31362-knox-basketball-operations-mananger/#p413092
(you might notice I took someone else to task for talking about WC inappropriately here)

http://www.hoops.com.au/forum/31189-knox-board-get-the-vote-of-nc/#p410418

http://www.hoops.com.au/forum/31086-whats-happening-at-knox/#p408836

Reply #424096 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

And sorry Hugh, these are only the Knox threads I have participated in (they are easier to find). There have been others to my knowledge.

Reply #424099 | Report this post

hugh j  
Years ago

Ho you are right --I apologise.I am new to the forum scene and I also(because I"ve got a job) do not have the time to get involved with all these forums!!!!
However having read the threads that you have provided I am certain that a lot of the people posting these threads are very close to-- or on the new board. I have the greatest respect for Laurie Joyce -- just a ripper bloke and should never have sacked by Knox board (previous to the just removed board).Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I wish that they had have left Laurie (he had just won CEO of the year)as CEO& brought in Brookhouse to help in the bid for the SBC. If that had happened we would"nt be in the trouble we r in now.I hope Laurie comes back as CEO. It should have been Laurie,WC and S.Brookhouse working together!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #424152 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Thanks Hugh J. Again, I know little internally about Knox, have met WC on a couple of occasions and pretty certain I have met Laurie Joyce, but have certainly heard good things about him in his time at Knox. My understanding was that he did most of the work to get the new venue funded?

Reply #424173 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

@hugh j, you make a very valid point about boards at this level and how many of the positions are filled by well meaning people who do lots of work behind the scenes which is unpaid and often unheralded...

Always the toughest task for any organisation IMO, is to find the right people, the best mix of skills and personalities to get along reasonably well and get jobs done.

They don't always have to agree, but they do have to understand one another and work for a common cause.

Reply #424176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hi Ho Laurie did a lot of the work but had lots of frustration dealing with knox council particularly.
I think people on that board at that time felt that S.Brookhouse might be able to get the job done faster? Never the less they should never have sacked Laurie(i hope he comes back) but as I said before they should have had Laurie, Simon and Wayne working together -- would have been awesome!!!!!!!

Reply #424177 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

To clarify for those that think the board was "removed"- There were 5 positions up for re-election, 2 of these were already vacant and had been for a fair time and another 2 board members chose not to re-stand. So these 4 positions only had one nomination each so were automatics. There was 1 position (junior raiders chairperson) that went to a vote as their were 2 nominations. The person who previously held that position lost the vote.
No these 4 werent "elected" as everyones happy to sprout, they were the only options, but on the flip side nobody else put their hands up.

Reply #424180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No offence to Laurie, but he is not the answer. We need someone younger and who has the energy and passion with equal amount of expereince & qulaifications to get raiders back on track.

I can't believe our once great club has descended into what it has become. Other clubs must be looking at us and laughing. I see when we play Frankston in a few weeks they are having a special USA Game with a guy from the NBA attending. That's something Knox would have done previously.

Reply #424197 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

From what I hear there's no way known Laurie would return to that role and that was never an option.
Come to think of it has Knox ever had a player, coach or employee that has looked back once theyve left? Think not!!

Reply #424353 | Report this post

RaidersCoach  
Years ago

You are all probably from Dandenong! Talking Knox down so you can steal our kids! At least at Knox we develope our homegrown talent. I don't think some clubs could make that statement...Bulleen, Melbourne and Dandenong!

Reply #424685 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:43 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754