Years ago

How many games doe this team win?

Lin/Beverley
Delfino/Brooks
Parsons/Garcia
Robinson/Motiejunas
Asik/Smith

aka the Houston roster without Harden.

I say 19. I'll leave the over/under at 21.5 wins. What you taking?

Topic #31963 | Report this topic

celtic green  
Years ago

At least 25; they would build the team around Lin and let Thomas grow. Parsons would still be a stat sheet filler (little bit of everything) and Asik is one of the 5 best defensive centres in tha game I think (Dwight, Bogut, Chandler and Hibbert are in front of him but I can't think of anyone else). Not a good team but not Charlotte bad either

Reply #424119 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

I feel absolutely ridiculous commenting on this thread.

But here's a question for you, Ingles.

If James Harden plays at the level he did this season for the rest of his career. No better, no worse; and Kobe has had the career that he has, who has the better career? Kobe or Jim? And by how much is one guy's career better than the other's?

Reply #424122 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

M.Gasol? Only the DPOY!

Reply #424130 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

This Guys will be fun to watch with Howard

Reply #424132 | Report this post

Pauly B  
Years ago

I'd say 30-35. Lin is much better when he's the prime ball handler and would get plenty of shots for Delfino & Parson on the perimeter and layups for Asik. Lin & Harden together in the backcourt isn't a good pairing as both guys are at their best with the ball in their hands. As for the idea of Howard joining the Rockets, the only way this would happen would be a sign & trade. There's no way he would sign there as a free agent and give up over $15 mil extra he'd be able to make by staying with the Lakers. Plus all the other business opportunities the LA area can offer.

Reply #424137 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

I like Asik, Parsons and Beverley, but if you're relying on Parsons or Lin to be your go to guy then you're already in trouble. Lin showed last year that he can get on a roll and beat some mediocre teams seemingly by himself, but put him in that situation as the #1 for the whole season and he will be in trouble after teams scout him and limit his strengths.

Another centre defensively just as good as Asik would be Noah but it's really fairly even between those two.

Reply #424139 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Ingles, can you answer my question.

Reply #424140 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Isn't there no income tax in Houston/Texas? so the money he would be losing in LA through tax can't be made through no tax in Houston?

Reply #424142 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Why are you simply ignoring me, dude?

Reply #424143 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Because I can't judge what Harden will do in his next 13 seasons. I know you said at this season's level, but if he doesn't get lucky and get paired with a Dwight Howard or Anthony Davis type player (or better) to carry him to multiple rings, then his legacy won't be viewed as highly by all the kids around here.

Reply #424144 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Why don't you try and adapt the question to even out the two and get a somewhat unbiased answer? It's called critical thinking.

Basing your answer on each player's respective productions--Kobe for the career he's had, and Harden to not waver from this year's production. Each have the same number of tangible awards (titles, MVP's, All-star MVP's), be it zero or twenty for their careers.

Who has the better career. Don't give me some little bailout story about how your thinking isn't advanced enough to make that decision. Have a go.

Reply #424146 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

lol @ how mad you are, stay on topic and stop trolling please

Reply #424147 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

You're the one being passively aggressive, dancing erratically around my question. I'm just trying to get an answer out of you. You tried to answer the question but couldn't quantify it, so I tried to give you some help, and now you're being a dick again.

We are on a forum, which are meant for dicussion. The reason my question is relevant is because you want to know what others think of Harden's contribution to his team this season. I'm just relating it to another star player at the same position. Perfectly relevant. Can you answer the question please?

Reply #424149 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

So the question is..... same rings, mvp's etc... Same production for Harden this season through the rest of his career, compared to kobe's career? I'm not really sure what you're asking. Same player, same career? Only difference is that Harden wasn't automatically put into a team with one of the most dominant players of all times and he doesn't have as many clueless fans that as Kobe?

Answer: Harden for real fans, kobe for fanboy's

Now answer the original OP

Reply #424150 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

There is a difference between a baited question and a question like the one I'm asking. You summed up the question in a sentence and then proceeded to say that you don't know what I'm asking. You're so quick to jump on the Harden bandwagon and bag Kobe, yet I'm giving you a chance to do that and you're not saying it. Does that mean you would take Kobe's career?

Reply #424151 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

I am not a Harden bandwagoner nor am I a Harden fan. I don't know where you got that assumption from....

Reply #424153 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

It's a saying, dude.

We have a special bond, don't we.

Reply #424154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Say what you want, Dwight Howard is the beat center in the game

Reply #424156 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

ehh, I wouldn't say best this season, but I'd take him going forward if I knew he might get a bit healthier and gain some athleticism back. For this season I'd take Duncan over him and even Hibbert if I was getting to get the same production from him that he gave the pacers this postseason

Reply #424157 | Report this post

james harden  
Years ago

you two should date already.

Reply #424158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was best bit his team was shit and it made him look shitter then they were

Reply #424159 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

Sorry, Noah and Gasol are up their too for great defensive centre's. Maybe Asik is top 8 then? ha ha

Reply #424304 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:23 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754