Anonymous
Years ago

who is better

So guys and gals who is better Kobe Bryant or James harden? I say Kobe by a mile, thoughts?

Topic #31969 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magic johnson

Reply #424283 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Years ago

Joe Ingles

Reply #424286 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scott Christopershon

Reply #424291 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

This is the reason Ingles13 needs to he blocked from this site. Or at least given a warning. For the good of your forum, moderators, you don't want your threads hijacked and discussion going downhill. People just don't bother to keep a thread going once the likes of ingles comments. Discussion space is now being taken up with threads like these and half of the messages posted on here are snipes at other users. Totally unprofessional and totally avoidable. You wouldn't have any more problems if you eliminated the problem at the source.

Seriously, if a moderator is reading this,

Why is ingles still on this forum when he incites all the negativity he does while his contributory comments are so few and far between? Is his behaviour acceptable on this forum?

Reply #424292 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well said statsheet I truly believe we just ignore him I along with many others enjoy using this forum

Reply #424293 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Wait, why am I involved in this thread?

And to answer the op, Harden.

Reply #424296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gotcha

Reply #424303 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Stuffer, just ignore him if you don't like the arguments. Takes two. Someone always baits him or responds to his post to start things up.

Reply #424305 | Report this post

loli  
Years ago

its a pretty shit thread to begin with. Pull your heads in and get some quality informative threads going

Reply #424333 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Isaac, surely you can see that it is bigger than just me complaining? We aren't having this conversation if I'm only concerned about myself and the fact that he annoys only me.

First, every time ingles posts something stupid, at least one person will bite; be it an anon or whoever. In turn, a back and forth starts between ingles and that person and other users will just drop the thread. Perfect example is the thread, 'How many games doe thi[s] team win?'. It's a pretty clear trend in this place, I'm pretty sure you have noticed. The actions of one person ruin the experience for many on the forum, and to me, that doesn't sound like a fair and equitable balance for your users.

Second, letting him run riot in this place reflects badly on you unfortunately. It's your forum and you are ultimately responsible for what gets published. You aren't doing yourself any favours in sustaining or building the forum by having your users sniping all the time instead of talking basketball. Have a look at the behaviours of your users from 12+ months ago compared with now. You set the tone and what you are effectively saying is that it's okay to troll people and disrupt their experience on your site because they won't get pulled into line. Again, it's very unprofesional. You run the site so you have some business sense, heck you only need common sense to realise he lowers the quality of the service you provide.

If you're trying to be fair to ingles because he does not explicitly break any of the site's guidelines, have a think about those he affects. The contribution of many on this site will improve once he (only one person) leaves or changes their behaviour. Sounds like a good trade-off to me.

Have a read about internet trolls, they don't stop. And he has already proven that he has limitless time to post here. He displays many characteristics of an internet troll, not someone you want as a frequent user. Just have a look at his above comment, he wonders why he was mentioned in this thread. He clearly knows why but he's just trying to get a response a.k.a. baiting.

They are my views, but I ask you:

Why have you not blocked ingles or at least warned him about his behaviour, is the way he acts suitable enough to not warrant action being taken?

Reply #424335 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

An internet 'troll' is an abusive or obnoxious user who uses shock value to promote arguments and disharmony in online communities...

Reply #424374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People will always pick on ingles because he is a soft target. Those that bait him should get warnings they're just as guilty, why let stupid minority ruin it for everyone else

Reply #424377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apart from Isaac, who exactly are the moderators?

Reply #424378 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Isaac, can you reply to my above post, it's been a whole week

Reply #425012 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Stuffer, I thought the thread you mentioned (regarding the fortunes of a Houston team without Harden) was quite interesting when I first saw it posted. A few people responded in that manner. Hypotheticals for other teams and individual stars could also lead to decent discussions.

Sure, there's probably a bit of history tying Harden to previous contested points about Kobe and the like. But what someone might think of as a subtle troll, someone else might take as both a point continuing a past discussion and/or a decent standalone topic.

When I go back and read that thread now, I see the question/topic, a number of reasonable responses (and replies from Ingles13), and then you raising Kobe. When Ingles13 ignores the bait, you persist and then persist again. I don't think that makes a very good case.

In the "who is better" thread, I would have preferred that you (contact form linked on every page) emailed me your concerns. When there are 1,200 posts on Hoops a week, I am not going to be able to read everything to see if I've been addressed; it's even less likely if I am away and with only occasional net access.

In naming Ingles13 in that thread, they predictably replied. If you want to consistently see better content from someone who otherwise posts some helpful material, ignore the trash and reply reasonably when appropriate. Ingles13 has started far more decent topics then silly ones (e.g., 'lol @ okc fans' was not a highlight when it came to topics because of the naming, but the video was worth posting/linking so I didn't delete it).

FWIW, I have met a good number of people who post on or read Hoops and have a number of close friends that post on here too, but I don't know Ingles13 beyond the name on the screen. I also think there are a lot of improvements that could be made to the site to foster better content and discourage clowns, so I would never suggest the site is ideal. A rebuild is in the works which will probably introduce some sort of karma system for promoting and relegating the best and worst posts.

Reply #427703 | Report this post

Red  
Years ago

Does anyone else find Statsheet Stuffer to be the most annoying poster on Hoops? I actually don't mind reading Ingles13's posts, at least he's having a go at basketball conversation.

Statsheet Stuffer strikes me as one of those hugely unpopular people IRL who is trying too hard to be cool on this forum.

Reply #427756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I disagree "red".

Reply #427759 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Pretty sure I named the wrong thread. Either way, I disagree but respect your point of view. looking forward to the upgrades. Thanks for responding.

Reply #427764 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:32 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754