Benno
Years ago

Delly signs with Cavs

http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/story/1609579/dellavedova-signs-with-cleveland-cavaliers/?cs=81

Topic #32045 | Report this topic

Vart  
Years ago

I'm interested to hear how Delly came to choose Cleveland over Orlando and New York. Obviously I hope he does well. One thing is for sure, he'll work his butt off, and be a great team-mate and leader throughout the process of Summer League and try-outs for training camp should he make it that far.

Reply #425676 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Its not like he couldnt of gone and played with Orlando though, So im guessing Cleveland must be pretty sold on him!

Reply #425679 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Just hope that it IS a case of Cleveland being really interested and looking for depth at that position instead of playing games and just keeping him on the line to stop other players getting their hooks in "just in case".

I guess we'll see how interested they are when Summer League games start and how significant a role he has... fingers crossed!

Reply #425690 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Just read somewhere that the cavs didnt resign wayne ellington, thats another spot closer for matty

Reply #425695 | Report this post

tm  
Years ago

He will apparently be playing for orlando in the orlando summer league and cleveland in the las vegas summer league.

Makes sense trying to shop yourself around to 2 teams that need backup point guards rather than one.

http://www.fearthesword.com/2013/6/30/4481006/nba-summer-league-matt-dellavedova-kenny-kadji-playing-with-cleveland

Reply #425715 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

Fingers crossed he gets picked up, the more Aussies in the NBA the better. Good luck to him

Reply #425742 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Good luck to Delly! Sounds like he has positooned himself well and he has his fate in his own hands.

Reply #425751 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Think he could be pretty dominate in the summer league if the players around him aren't completely selfish. Look forward to seeing what happens, but would still prefer to see him at the Knicks haha

Reply #425761 | Report this post

SMA  
Years ago

Be great if he was to be a back up for his fellow Aussie Kyrie. Hope Mick Brown likes the look of him.

Reply #425762 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

If he sticks it will be the first time a team has had two aussie pgs on the same roster

Reply #425777 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Looking into the crystal ball just a little bit, should they both end up playing with the Cav's...

Delly and Kyre are so different, they bring such a diverse dynamics to the potential point guard spot, so it would be very interesting to see how they would be utilised or even how they would compliment each other in the offensive structure!

Reply #425780 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Did I miss something?

Kyrie Irving Duke/USA

Reply #425781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well there's one thing that they both do not bring .... defense!

Reply #425786 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Not sure a system that Suits Irving we suit Delly...i was surprised he was headed to Orlando...but maybe Cav's want a cheap back up PG to keep cap space free.

Reply #425792 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Bear, to be fair there wouldnt be a lot of complimenting going on. Delly, as good as he is... would end up playing junk minutes and probably very few in tandem with kyrie if picked. but I still want him to get picked... 12th man on an NBA roster still makes ya better then most of the world.

Reply #425793 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Not suggesting they would play on court together, more that they would each bring a very different look for oppositions to counter...

I am a fan of them both!

Reply #425794 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Its all part of BA's masterplan to talk Irving into a Boomers jersey! Dellavedova's going to be our man on the inside!

Reply #425810 | Report this post

Joshuapending  
Years ago

Some craps news today that Jack is signing with the Cavs. Hopefully the magic still keep an eye on him as you have to figure his backup chances should be less now.

Reply #426478 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:16 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754