Anonymous
Years ago

U16 Nations in Adelaide

These are being played at Wayville & Pasadena over the next week & a half

Anyone going to be there to watch? Anyone know how the teams are looking? Who are the favourites?

Love to hear some more info from the locals

Topic #32052 | Report this topic

Definitely going

Reply #425861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will Isaac Humphries, Will White and Kyle Clark be playing?

Reply #425863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kyle is U18s bottomager!

Reply #425872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I didn'trealise this was being shared over two stadiums. Does this comply with the BA tender document requirements?

Reply #425873 | Report this post

Fm  
Years ago

No it doesn't. Suppose to be an attached facility at the very least.

Reply #425877 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

QLD and Ulverstone both did it with their last U16 nationals

Reply #425879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure if it follows BA tender documents or not, but I know the same thing has happened at at least two other Nationals in the past - at Ballarat (a few times) and at Gosford.

Reply #425880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone know the spectator ticket costs?

Reply #425881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ulverstone has 3 Courts, last i was there.

Reply #425882 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

I said U16 nationals not U18. They held an U16 nationals in 2009 and played in Ulverstone and Penguin

Reply #425893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Boys Pools are terribly one sided in my opinion. ACT, SAC, WA Country together!!!!!!!!!

Reply #425900 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

hmmm so the other pool has Tas, NT, and QLD North its that one sided

Reply #425902 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

its not that bad*

Reply #425903 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Advance Notice, please get your poison ready:
Country are in crisis.
Metro are in crisis.
Neither are any good.
Metro are better than country.
Country are better than metro
It's Neil's fault.
The coaches were drunk.
The coaches should have been drunk.
The coaches got lost.
The players are always lost.
The umps were drunk.
The umps are always drunk.
It's a lie the umps can't hold their drink.
Victoria played U40 girls.
Victoria had eight players on court.
Victorian umps favour vic teams.
The teams were not fairly selected.
X players should have been in the team.
Neil lives at Pasadena.
Neil only can see blue.
Neil makes other's Blue.
The nationals are poorly drawn.
The results are posted in advance.
What's the capital of N Z?
It was a mistake too.......
No it wasn't......
Why did the coach take off.......
Jack Toft has too much influence over selection.
The stadiums are not good enough.
The stadiums are too good for Victorians.
It's illegal to run it over two stadiums.
It's not illegal to run it over two stadiums.
Without doubt it should have been run at Marion.
North would have been better.
It can never be at Starplex again as players died of starvation trekking to it.
It was unfair that......
It would be unfair that.....

Think of some more then throw them them in the bin, good luck to all.

Reply #425907 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

Pretty much covers it all, good job.

Reply #425920 | Report this post

Clapped Out Hack  
Years ago

Was looking forward to reading this thread over the next couple of weeks now you have gone and spoiled it for me!!!!!

Reply #425939 | Report this post

who's accountable  
Years ago

good luck to all the players and coaches involved, national tournaments are never easy and it should be about the journey rather than the result for these kids. we all know the result will take care of it's self.

Reply #425943 | Report this post

Delmos 60  
Years ago

From the press release:

Wong was glowing in his appraisal of his squads work rate in the lead up to the championships. "These girls have worked very hard, we have put high demands on them and they have held up really well. Hopefully this next week will showcase the hard work they have put in and they will be rewarded with a good performance" said Wong.

Boys coach Dean Nyberg was also full of praise for his team, he said “They are a great group of kids and have been really good to work with through the whole process, great to coach and I know they will be really good to have away for the 10 days”.

Sounds to me like the girls program are setting their sights a little bit higher than having a fun 10 days, lets hope their drive rubs of on the boys program and they can get some wins

Reply #425961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Selections were wrong...
Coach couldnt make subs...
Please tell me what that coach has done....
Coaches only saw height, what about skills?....
Player x got picked because they were from sturt...
xxx was played out of position....
coach was abusive to players....
players were too restricted.....
vic metro coach was a psycho....
player xxx will never make it.....
neil/jason should be sacked after THAT performance....

Reply #425963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^

I doubt top 4 maybe 6th but if they get enough games at Pasedena the dodgy decisions might go their way and they could scrape 4.

Metro to fair better than Country but thats not surprising is it?

Reply #425965 | Report this post

The Wave  
Years ago

From what i have seen, the girls country team is very strong. I think two top four six places in the girls is very realistic.

The guys really depends how they are shooting, the coach loves his threes, so if they are dropping Top Four is very probable.

Reply #425967 | Report this post

Delmos 60  
Years ago

Live by the 3, die by the 3.

Could be top 4 or could easily be bottom 4 if they don't find their shooting touch early in the week

Reply #425968 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Driving up on Friday, looking forward to an awesome week again like we did in Tamworth last year, just half the amount of kilometers...

Reply #425969 | Report this post

all hail beer  
Years ago

LOL anon

Reply #425974 | Report this post

Annan  
Years ago

Prices on Basketball Ustralia site under 16 Nationals tab and then go to bulletins #3.

Reply #426021 | Report this post

Annan  
Years ago

Prices on Basketball Ustralia site under 16 Nationals tab and then go to bulletins #3.

Reply #426022 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

the original Hoop Addict is a State coach now?

what about Double Clutch?

Reply #426140 | Report this post

Periodic Table  
Years ago

Time for SA Country to stand up and be counted for.

The girls shouldn't do too badly but the boys will struggle. Both teams need to finish in the top 8! Doubt that will happen for the boys.

Will go and watch a few games for sure. Big Neil will be very interesting to see how he takes the week, his home town, haha!

Reply #426153 | Report this post

!  
Years ago

bring your long johns - maximum for next week is only 15-16 degrees most days and lows of down to 6

Reply #426158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SA Country U-16 Girls have one of the worst coaching panels in their history. Which is a pity as this specific group is quite talented...

Reply #426159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

S.A Country Team seem Quite strong, they have from what I hear have 4 players from the Raining Classic Team 2013.. will be interesting.

Reply #426180 | Report this post

JTW  
Years ago

QLD South boys will be strong on the back of Will White, if he can stay healthy for the week they will go close.

Reply #426184 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They've got NOBODY to help him

Anybody know about the WA teams or the Vic teams?

Reply #426186 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

42907, that's quite a list!
"Jack Toft has too much influence over selection."

Sssshhhh. Please don't tell the mums of daughters who missed out on selection that I don't. I feel like Tony de Loge. Some of them will do anything to get their daughters into the teams and some of the sexual favours on offer I didn't think were possible.

Reply #426194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack its the male offers we are worried about, and the SAC ones involving farm animals

Reply #426201 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

You should always try anything once.

Reply #426202 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

.... except the animals...

Reply #426203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is coaching the SA boys teams?

Same as last year?

Reply #426206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How can you say QLD have no one to help him when one of their players has already gone to an Oz Camp for the year above?

Reply #426208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nsw country big W over vic metro in an absolute grind

Reply #426488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SA still going to use "Vic has bigger population" as an excuse for lack of development of the game and our elite juniors?

NSW Metro and Country, Queensland and even the odd Tas team continue to make big strides because they have the strength to make changes.

SA boys fall further and further behind.

Reply #426489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But the Girls seem to be doing fine in S.A. :)
Anyone game to have a stab at who you think will be top four in girls or boys yet?

Reply #426536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well from what I have observed so far boys top 4 is
Vic Metro
Nsw Country
Nsw Metro
Qld South

Vic m do not look as talented as they usually do and Qld S only have one outstanding player. Fav to win it would probably be Nsw M. They easily have the most talented team and it is a credit to there ITC head coach Watkins.

Although, Nsw C guards can put heat on met guards so will be interesting to see how the young met coach will handle it especially against a better and more experienced Country HC

Reply #426614 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

The way it is looking, that's an easy call for the boys, with both NSW teams likely to end up top of their Divisions. Vic Met are an even team of skilled athletes, as are NSW Country, but both NSW Met & QLD Sth have a key player hard to match up on.

If the top 4 go this way the results will be determined largely by how well either team in the semi finals can defend a dominant player and IMO it will be the teams that can play for 4 quarters at a high intensity that will get to the gold medal game...

NSW Country v QLD Sth
NSW Met v Vic Met

These games will be well worth a watch, if it goes down like this I can't see how Vic Met can handle the 6' 10" centre for NSW Met. The other game will be closer and could be decided by how well QLD Sth shoot, in particular their No. 7...

Reply #426663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great final and well run event. Fourth Nationals I have been to and as good as any and better than a couple.
You guys on here are hard on your program's and facilities, but coming from Tas, you are streets ahead of us. People here occasionally refer to the fact that Tas are getting some success and see that as a reason to put your system down. We do not have a program here outside of a very limited few at the Institute of Sport. It is purely by chance that a few talented basketballers happened along in the last couple of years. Not detracting from the club coaches who have nurtured them but it is nothing to do with a coordinated effort by any official body,
Tassies result from this week is a reality check for us.

Reply #427694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cause for concern with the Qld girls? North 10th and South 11th!?!

Both boys teams looked quite good

Reply #427775 | Report this post

Rex  
Years ago

Qld South girls were always going to struggle , thay lost their only quality guard to a knee injury and did not have the depth of players in the rest of the team to fill the gap.
Also left out a kid that had averaged 30ppg over the Brisbane Season and State Championships who would have been handy just looking at the troubles thay had in scoring.
The fact is this is a pretty weak year and the next lot that come through will be a lot more competitive.

Reply #427965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great performance by the SA girls finishing with metro 2nd and country 3rd .
SA girls leading some stats categories as well . The metro girls peaked perfectly at the end of tournament - congrats to them and their coaching staff . Country looked richly talented and poorly organised on court but with only one loss for week still had great week , no surprise 80% of those country girls are in metro system

Reply #428251 | Report this post

the assessor  
Years ago

sa country needed some half court sets - once vic metro shut their quick transition game down - they were a bit stumped offensively - however poor shooting % in the 3rd probably lost it.

IMO plenty of good guards - but across the board - we need some talls moving through

Reply #428259 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

SAC lacked a genuine tall for sure. Teams in the top 6 all had at least one decent big around the 200cm mark, they are hard to find at this age but without them a team needs to shoot very high percentages from the field to get over the line...

Reply #428296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All the talls play netball ! The best 2 talls in SA both were at nationals and how many girls were there around 200 cm and had an impact ? Only the nsw metro big springs to mind ! The sac tall ave. 10 pts and 6.5 Rebs which is not too bad !

Reply #428313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So the talls SAC have in you opinion didnt work... Well, as the Anon 313 pointed out there was one in NSWM and she didnt give SAC any really problems when playing them. So How did that help them having someone so tall??
SAC had one game that didnt work for them. Bet they would have liked another shot at it, who knows different game, different Umpires, anything is possible.
Vic Metro was coming off of a rest day Thursday, which would have helped them, and any niggley injuries they may have been carrying. Imagine if SAC had lost 2 games, guess we would have been talking as to why they bothered showing up...pfft

Reply #428339 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Sorry guys, I missed the point and was making reference to the boys, not girls teams.

Agree though, usually you will find some taller girls on the netball court, maybe not quite 200cm though...

Reply #428340 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:42 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754