shopping around
Years ago

Junior coaching line ups 13/14

see a few clubs are advertising for coaches 13/14.

Anyone got any ideas on the line ups yet ?

I am a coach myself and looking to get onboard with a good club.

Topic #32067 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

LOL.

If they are advertising, then I suspect they haven't filled the positions.
If you ARE an existing coach, are you saying that you are going you stab your current club in the back and join a rival? For more money??? For more glory???
If you on a break as a coach, what is wrong with returning to your old club?

Why not put your CV in this post and then wait for offers to come flooding in?

Reply #426062 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack, not all clubs are equal. Politics, player qualities & depth, governance, coach education, coach engagement are all issues that vary club to club.

The poster above asks a reasonable question in that he/she probably wants to get into an environment where they can learn from other good coaches.

Reply #426066 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Shopping Around--
Are you looking at boys or girls?
Any particular age you are after?
Experience and divisions?

Reply #426067 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Anon, it could be an innocent question, but I am always suspicious of comments like "I am a coach myself and looking to get onboard with a good club."

I think each club offers something to somebody and I would say that all clubs are good depending on what you want out of it.

As you know, it only takes a couple of drops of blood in the water to get the Hoops Sharks into a frenzy. Throwing burley gets 'em leaping. If they are a current coach, then I think they would be well aware of the "good clubs" in which they want to get involved.

Reply #426072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ Agreed Jack this post read TROLLING all over it. prob with this post doesn't clarify assosiation, level, state in which he requires information so I'm guessing Adelaide district club troll.

Reply #426076 | Report this post

shopping around  
Years ago

don't bother - i will contact the clubs direct - interested in coaching teams - thought I might get some straight answers not conspiracy theories.

Reply #426122 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

which may have been the obvious plan of attack from the start

Reply #426123 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Good luck with that. Just a kind word of advice, next time post a little more detail, like which state in which country you might be wanting to coach is a good start. While Jack is skeptical, if you are genuine take on board the fact that people on this forum can help, but some basic info' would be nice, cheers...

Reply #426124 | Report this post

shopping around  
Years ago

some of the stuff here is dinkum - that is why I posted rather than write a plethora of emails or phone calls - thought i might get

"joe blow and billy blogs are coaching under whatever somewhere."

nothing more

Reply #426127 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Agree with that Bear.

"shopping around", my apologies is that was a serious question, but worded not that goodly.

Basically you need to get into a bean bag turn on some Pink Floyd and ask yourself..."Why?" Why am I coaching and what do I want to achieve? Do I like working with kids and developing them, or is winning the only thing that matters.

My take on it (assuming we are talking about the SA District)
All 10 Clubs are like Ice Cream vendors offering soft whipped ice-cream. It all comes from the same source, but some vendors will sell you just the ice cream, some throw in a little serviette, some put 100's and 1,000's on top and some even whack in a flake.

What's in the ice cream doesn't really matter because each vendor is going to tell you that they sell the best ice cream in the street. How many times have we heard "Club ABC has arguably the best coaching lineup"

So, assuming you are coaching at a social level and haven't coached district before, there are few, if any, clubs that will put you straight in as a Div 1 head coach. You might get a Div 3 to 6 gig, or a gig as an assistant D2 coach. If your social league is associated with a district club, you may be best off coaching there. That strengthens the links with the social league and the social kids may follow you as well.

If you are at what you consider a "bad" club and want to jump, then ask yourself "what do I hope to achieve?" If you think you're the next Marty Clarke and have aspirations to the AIS and coaching Australia, then you should have the drive and motivation to achieve that at any club.

Only you know in your heart what you want to achieve and where you want your coaching to take you. I would say, regardless of the flake in the soft serve, it's still an ice cream and how good it tastes is how good you want it to taste.

Reply #426141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh jack, interesting analogy, if only the world was that simple!

Reply #426368 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The world is only as complicated as you make it.

Reply #426376 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"How many times have we heard "Club ABC has arguably the best coaching lineup"

Jack, we hear that once a year. From Centrals.

Reply #426566 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any news on coaching lineups? Who has moved clubs, who is coaching where?

Reply #434604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard a couple at the ABL grand final on Saturday night. I apologise if these are already known but I hadn't heard them before.

One Centrals coach and one Norwood coach who are both division one coaches will be at a different club next season.

Reply #434614 | Report this post

eagles nest  
Years ago

south, fville, southern have their coaching line ups on their websites already.

havent heard much from west, north, sturt, woodville, mavs, norwood or centrals

forestville already have their squads up with huge numbers..... good luck finding coaches....

Reply #434617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good luck to all coaches and for those changing clubs hope you find what you are searching for.

Reply #434696 | Report this post

CD  
Years ago

Centrals Div 1:
u12 boys/girls: Wayne Anderson/Tamika Dukes
u14 boys/girls: Toby Lockwood/Joseph Campbell
u16 boys/girls: Tim Berry/Demi Vermeer
u18 boys/girls: Ricky Simpson/Tamika Dukes

Now that their number one spin doctor has moved on, does this mean it is not arguably the best line-up in SA?

Reply #435347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It still is... arguably...

Reply #435355 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

"Now that their number one spin doctor has moved on" LOL. I shouldn't chuckle, have you had a call from a moderator yet?

Reply #435361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another Jack Troll

Reply #435381 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Sadly, not a troll post

Reply #435406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Noticed 205 players listed in Centrals Junior squads, sounds healthy, how does that compare with other clubs?

Also it's good to see Tamika Dukes involved. Should play WNBL IMO.

Reply #435411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone know who's coaching the division 1 teams at Norwood and North?

Reply #435676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How can an import be coaching if she has to return home?

Reply #435717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Desperation???

Also, doesn't the U14 girls coach play at North ??

The girls program out there is about to be obliterated. Started looking good there for a while, how they let those 4 coaches go to Norwood is beyond me.

Reply #435722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Souths panel looks encouraging especially with Breheny sitting over the top as Coaching Director.

Reply #435723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My point is wont she not even be in the country to coach????

Reply #435724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #435734 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

"how they let those 4 coaches go to Norwood is beyond me." What four were they?

Reply #435749 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The way people are shuffling backwards and forwards between Centrals and Norwood it won't be long before Norwood become Centrals feeder club officially!!

Reply #435792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack - The Irelands and Murphy were three of them, I don't know who would have been the fourth one though.

Anon - Tamika will coach the girls when she returns to Australia in time for next season. Somebody else will coach them while she is back home.

Yes Joseph Campbell plays for North. I'm not sure what point you are trying to make? He works at STARplex.

Reply #435822 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

They may be referring to Ben Wigzell. He was going to coach one season, but Centrals didn't have a div 1 U12 team so he took his daughter to Norwood and the Flames pounced on him like a lion on a wilderbeast.

Trudy Ireland wasn't coaching at Lions at the time, but I guess that was her last coaching gig.

Reply #435832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Jack how has their coaching success been at Norwood??

Reply #435844 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

A, check out sportingpulse if you are that keen

Reply #435848 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt/Norwood have posted their coaches/squad lists. THoughts on coaching lineups??

Reply #437491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was surprised to see Norwood's u18 boys coach still there. I thought he had left.

Who is Robert Johnston? Where is Michael Whitford?

Reply #437523 | Report this post

Years ago

they are only squad head coaches not full line ups - can anyone post full line ups ?

Reply #437524 | Report this post

Years ago

robert johnston is johnston Jnr

Reply #437525 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Eastern Mavericks Div 1 lineup:

Boys
U10 - Brendan Christian
U12 - Scott Rattus
U14 - Mark Billington
U16 - Wade Hampton
U18 - Matt Johns

Girls
U10 - James Rattus
U12 - James Rattus
U14 - Steve Knight, Assistant Shaun Bell
U16 - Marc Maddaford
U18 - Jo Matthews

Reply #437541 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:42 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754