AussieNBAfan
Years ago

Australians for the NBA

What's everyone's thoughts on Joe ingles getting an NBA contract? Which teams are truly interested - any insider news?

Also, do you think Delly will make the Cavs roster since their recent signings?

And Nathan Jawai - do you think he will attempt to make the NBA again after next season in Europe or he is too lazy to make the effort.

appreciate your thoughts or insider news fans....

Topic #32097 | Report this topic

YouknowME  
Years ago

On the Joe Ingles contract.... absolutely no idea... would have thought if the pelicans were truly interested we would have some news by now. He is good enough to play NBA on the right team... Lets hope.

Delly, it was always going to be an uphill battle for him to make an NBA roster... Guess when he plays summerleague he can once again raise his stocks... But I just have this horrible gut feeling that it might not happen.

Jawai, I have no idea.. I don't personally know the guy, what I do know is he hasn't done a thing for the Boomer's and I am expecting it to continue that way. Has the tools to play NBA, but will he get another shot? I doubt it somewhat

Reply #426517 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

There was a report the other day saying that there where 4 NBA teams after joe, he is currently in south aus for his sisters wedding.

Delly, after the signing of jarret jack today it really slimmed his chances. That kid works so hard though i believe he will work his way onto a roster!

Jawai, i have faith in him watching some of the barca games last season he had times were he was dominate! I myself would love to see him back in the big league!!

Reply #426526 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

This article worth a read. Check out the surnames of all the boys. This Dante Exum looks like he'll be NBA one day!

Australia will play for a medal at the FIBA under-19 men's world championship after an upset win over Spain in Prague on Friday night.
The Emus beat the Spanish 87-76 in their quarter final on the back of a superb team performance and a stellar 33 points from point guard Dante Exum of Victoria.
Guard Emmett Naar had 15 points while another Victorian, Dane Pineau, was also exceptional with 13 points and 13 rebounds.
The Emus play highly-favoured Serbia in the semi finals in the early hours of Sunday morning while Lithuania faced gold-medal favourites USA in the other semi-final.
Advertisement
The gold and bronze medal games will be played in the early hours of Monday morning Australian time.
Exum is one of five Emus players whose parents played at the elite level and several of the players are getting major attention from US colleges.
Pineau has already signed with St Mary's, the same college Patty Mills went to while Exum has attracted scholarship offers from many of the biggest teams in college basketball.
Exum is the son of former NBL import Cecil Exum, Pineau is the son of former Melbourne Tiger Brad Pineau, Keanu Pinder is son of former Perth Wildcat Tiny Pinder, Jonah Bolden is son of long time NBL import Bruce Bolden and Gerard Martin is son of former WNBL player Paula Martin nee Hetenyi.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/sport/basketball/emus-to-play-for-medal-in-basketball-championships-20130706-2pije.html#ixzz2YKEdd5dO

Reply #426529 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

I see Delly in the D-league or a decent team in Europe. Maybe if Brett Brown signs as head coach somewhere he will get a gig I would say. I though Dante, Jonah and Simmons are going to do a year of high school next year. I know Simmons and Jonah are after following their twitter accounts.

Reply #426572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does that mean Dante, Jonah and Simmons are looking at 2016?

Reply #426604 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Dante won't be doing a year of high school in the states. At the moment he is deciding between doing a year (at least) at college, or entering the 2014 draft as an international early entry.

Reply #426610 | Report this post

daneo  
Years ago

Must of really impressed kyrie in that morning training session

http://www.news.com.au/sport/basketball/chris-goulding-will-try-out-for-the-nba8217s-cleveland-cavaliers-in-las-vegas-this-week/story-fne5rpuy-1226675983029

Reply #426617 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

That's awesome news for Goulding. Talk about making the most of your opportunities!

Reply #426618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just the fact goulding is even getting a tryout is great news, good luck to him. great for his confidence a prospect for boomers perhaps

Reply #426624 | Report this post

MELHOOPS  
Years ago

Really love what Goulding is showing. He'll probably be deep on the Boomers roster throughout his career, but he;s a great fit for the squad. Hope it happens for him, he reminds me of Saville.

Reply #428161 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

hes an emerging player and is probably worthy of a 9-12th spot on the boomers

Reply #428164 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:55 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754