Beekayz
Years ago

Josh Smith to Pistons

has there already been a thread on this topic?

If so, I must have missed ti, but in case there is I'll keep the first post brief.

What do you guys think about the signing?

Defensively it makes for an imposing frontcourt, but since all 3 lack ability to shoot from range it will surely be a nightmare in terms of offensive spacing?

Topic #32099 | Report this topic

MACDUB  
Years ago

Have heard people say Detroit are now competitive in the East.

Thats a stretch

Next year and even the year after they will be like the Bucks vying for the 7th and 8th playoff spot.

Their competitiveness for future top 4 in the east largely depends on the development of Knight, Caldwell-Pope and in particularly Drummond.

Reply #426533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Terrible fit. Where is this organisation going?

Reply #426538 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

It's easy to forget that from 2001-02 season to the 2007-08, Dumars was considered the 'golden boy' GM who could do no wrong!

He built a team that had a reg. season record of 384-190 including 6 Eastern Conference finals in a row between 2003 & 2008.

Then there was the Billups & McDyess trade for A.I. in '08 and since then he's been considered a joke and given people plenty of opportunities to have that idea reinforced!

I wonder if the most recent 'golden boy' when it comes to drafting & trades, Sam Presti, will suffer a similar fate, beginning with the Harden deal.

Reply #426539 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

I think they will be moving Monroe now; Smith does not fit in with Munro and Drummond. He is an athletic speedy 4, not a 3. He can't shoot at all. If they play him at the 3 they will be awesome defensively but won't be able to score as the spacing will be horrible. Will be interesting to see him and Drummond play together

Reply #426561 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Monroe for Rondo??

Reply #426574 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Monroe is younger than Smith, a better team fit, isn't demanding max dollars etc. If the trade goes through, expect a whole separate era of mediocrity.

Defensively the Pistons could potentially be a juggernaut. Offensively... *shudders*. They'll likely be infinitely worse with court spacing than the '13 (Western Conference finals) Grizzlies.

I can't wait to see what Maurice Cheeks pulls out of the hat with this group!

Reply #426580 | Report this post

BasketBrawler  
Years ago

Rondo to Lakers. You heard it here first.

Reply #426581 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

Who are the Lakers going to send to the Celtics? There is no one on the roster that I could see Boston wanting, plus their draft pick is gone to Phoenix next year no?

Reply #426583 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:20 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754