Anonymous
Years ago

Adelaide u16 nationals

Could anyone in Adelaide please give some info how the games are going, any stand out teams, kids, etc. More interested in boys teams. Couldn't make it there, but still would like to hear an objective response please.

Topic #32102 | Report this topic

dko  
Years ago

try http://www.nationals.basketball.net.au/ for objective response - scores aren't subjective and don't troll.

Reply #426564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

or perhaps go to the thread that has already been created

Reply #426570 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

This is the third thread . . . .

Reply #426591 | Report this post

Btbal  
Years ago

Tasmania sucking at this nationals. Makes me laugh that anyone thought they were becoming a basketball state! Still no better than NT, just had a couple of good players in under 18s that's all!

Both boys and girls teams are hopeless, you could say that some of the players are scoring well, but that's off 20+ shots a game! No Australian junior team will allow you to take that many shots!

It also sickens me how the coach won't put all the players on the court in the boys! YOU ARE LOSING! AT LEAST GIVE EVERYONE A RUN!

Reply #426863 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

doesn't help with one of their players taking 30 shots either

Reply #427429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Checking on live stats and noticed that one of the Tassie boys did not make the court in four of the eight games. I know for a fact that he was not injured. At two to three grand a head to get there I would be pissed off big time if it was my kid. I would have thought the 16s would mainly be development towards U18 champs, if a coach is incapable of selecting players that can play maybe they should give it up before they humiliate any other 14 year olds on the national stage,

Reply #427700 | Report this post

veteran  
Years ago

nature of the beast mate - we took one of our kids to melbourne for a tournament and did not get court time at all.

coaches attitude was tough and we wore it - upset the family but our kid improved and it never happened again.

lot of nbl / wnbl players put so much in and never make the court.

Reply #427706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

every player deserves an opportunity!

dont compare a kids development to the NBL...

Reply #427774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At a State level I don't agree. Nationals are elite not kids playing for fun. If you don't like it don't play elite basketball.

Reply #427776 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Poor coaching if you can't get kids on the court for a few minutes in a game.

Reply #427780 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

These kinds of issues are easily resolved with communication. Coaches select a team of their best players and all should be informed of their role in the team. Some may be informed that court time will be limited, for a reason, this is fine if players know.

Problems arise when coaches don't communicate, yes it was an elite level of competition, but the kids are still young and development will take years for some, more than others.

I see both points of view, however under 16 age group is still very broad with respect to maturity and physical development in the body of the athlete, not to mention their minds...

The experience is the key here and a great one it is to be involved in. Character is revealed!

Reply #427788 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:33 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754