celtic green
Years ago

Bynum going to the Cavs

Bynum signing with Cleveland; I think they will have a pretty good team if they can stay healthy. Having said that Bynum, Kyrie and Varejao all have trouble staying on the court

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9468203/andrew-bynum-agrees-join-cleveland-cavaliers-source-says

Topic #32140 | Report this topic

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

These guys can't even tank right.

Reply #427297 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

They're not trying to tank.They would rather LBJ than a lottery pick.

Reply #427302 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

That's a little far-fetched I think, m.

Reply #427305 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

They are definitely not trying to tank at the moment; I think Gilbert wants back into the playoffs with a bang. I don't think Lebron is going to Cleveland but let them have a dream I suppose

Reply #427308 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would they tank? They already have two recent number one picks on there team and two other recent top five picks. They need veterans/established players to surround them.

Reply #427309 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

No excuse not to make playoffs now they have taken themselves out of high lottery contention. Cavs and Wizards will surprise a few people this season. If Wizards don't make playoffs, I'll eat my hat.

Reply #427312 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

LBJ returning to the Cavs is a real possibility.

If Kyrie is there with Bynum and a player like Bennett develops nicely.

Kyrie
Waiters
Lebron
Bennett
Bynum

And to all you Cavs fans...don't act like you wouldn't take back the best player in the World.

Reply #427330 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

I think the Lakers have got a better chance of signing him than the Cav's. I honestly just don't see it happening. Yes I think they will have a very good team, but they will also be young. Plus he wants to be a global icon and that is much easier to achieve in Miami/LA then it is in Cleveland

Reply #427354 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Either way it will be interesting to see what will happen in 2014.

Normally stars would opt out as leverage for bigger deals -- but the Heat can't really afford to do that with the luxury tax and repeat offender tax.

Wade will most probably re-sign because no other team will sign him to a multi-year deal given his health.

Lebron would have to sign with a team that will have six players signed and $80m approx. spent?

Wade will have declined even more and they won't have the money to get role players of the same calibre that they had this year.

The Cavs and the Lakers (as celtic green noted) are the two possible destinations.

Cavs have Irving on rookie contract until 2015, and the Lakers only have Steve Nash signed for 2014-15.

All I know is that Kobe would not play on the same team as Lebron..no way in hell. He has always had that Jordan mentality ..'im not playing with you..im playing against you'.
The Lakers front office would have to tread carefully on this issue though. I know some Lakers fans support/love Kobe more than they love the franchise itself.

Reply #427370 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

LeBron still spends his holidays in Cleveland, in his house and recently built a training facility in akron for him to workout at in the summer. There is more of a chance of him going to CLE than LAL unless kobe leaves.

Reply #427428 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Got to remember Nike & other sponsors pushed for LeBrone to move to a bigger market and more global brand!

No offence to Cav's fans or the city but it isn't a big market or global name...it is a smaller mid-west city that adds no value to his "brand"

For his lon terms brand and value after ball the Cav's are a bad choice...then again it might not be about the cash it might be about his "home town"....oh wait he already left them once!

Reply #427430 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

A but off topic, but imagine trading Iguodala for either Garnett or Bynum. Think how good GSW would be. Amnesty Lee of course.

Reply #427435 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Or just a package trade. Jack and Bynum for Iggy and Lee.

Reply #427439 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

But Lebron is not from Cleveland; he is from Akron. It's 40 miles or so away. He has said in the past how when he was growing up he used to dislike Cleveland because people there looked down on people from Akron.

It's like saying someone who grew up in Wollongong would stay in Sydney because they grew up there; it's close but they are not from there

Reply #427463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cleveland obviously don't want to tank. With Irving,Thompson,waiters,varaejo and Bynum they are looking respectable and if Bennett plays like a #1 pick the playoffs are a possibility.

Reply #427620 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:12 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754