Will
Years ago

New teams for the NBL?

I have seen heaps of stuff on this topic but never any solid information. Someone did tell me that there may be a new team from knox or dandenong coming in to the NBL. Just wondering if any of guys knew anything about these clubs or any new clubs joining? Thanks

Topic #32146 | Report this topic

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

http://www.hoops.com.au/forum/30670-geelong-supercats-nbl-return/

Reply #427350 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

no new teams in the forseeable future

Reply #427364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL needs to fix and stabilize current teams before even considering expansion

Reply #427365 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

I have heard from a reliable source that the New NBL may set aside some money for the Brisbane bid and that if they do having a team in Brisbane is a very real possibility for next season.

Reply #427425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

by next season you meaning 2013/14?

That would be great!!

but they would need to get it going soon before all of the decent players are signed, unless they are already doing behind the scenes.

Reply #427427 | Report this post

Simo  
Years ago

It wont be for 2013/14, it'll be 2014/15 at the earliest

Reply #427432 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

I mean 2014/15 season. There is no need to rush on players because NBL always has many free agents at the end of each season.

Reply #427436 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

There is a bid committee set up and they would definitely have some players in their sights.

Reply #427437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ I really do hope you are right.

A Brisbane NBL team is absolutely IMPERATIVE and needs to happen very SOON.

Reply #427547 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

How is a brisbane team imperative?

Reply #427548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There will never be a second south Australian team

Reply #427549 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

There doesn't need to be one...

Reply #427553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree with youknowMe

Reply #427557 | Report this post

FYI  
Years ago

Brisbane crucial as it will change the TV ratings automatically and therefore change the value of the broadcast deal.

Reply #427558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Normally youknowME is full of shit but agree there does not need to be a second south Australian team

Reply #427574 | Report this post

terry u  
Years ago

Talk of a 2nd melb tesm for sure in the new NBL Despite no financial interest from anyone in brisbane they still want a team from there.

Reply #427583 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Alright Anonymous... inform me on how I am usually full of shit? pretty sure your just saying things for the sake of saying them

Reply #427586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think that Brisbane should come before a second Melbourne team because I would be better for sponsership because sponsers would know that they are marketing their product nationally.

Reply #427612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm also in favour of Brisbane getting a team asap

Reply #427619 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Only team I would completely back coming back into the league right now is South Dragons... they knew exactly how to market themselves, and money wasn't why they withdrew.. they withdrew because they didnt like how the league was being run, and rightfully so.

I just read they wanted to have Dennis Rodman play an exhibition game but the mouldy old fossils at NBL declared it wouldnt be a good look.... What could be a better look I ask?

South Dragons have been the only team in the past decade to 'think big' and actually have the ability to back it up. They would ask the big names in Basketball to be involved, they would ask for the EX NBA star imports... Cowan understood that this things about entertainment. We need people like him back in the league and by what I am reading, he is giving it some thought due to the demerger

Reply #428348 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:52 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754