Tiii
Years ago

Eastbay.com order cancelled why!?!?

So i recently ordered from eastbay.com for the first time and everything was going smoothly and i received my order confirmation letter as well, but 2 days later after receiving that email from them, they sent me an other one saying the following:

Dear Xue,
Thank you for your recent order. Unfortunately, our Credit Card
Verification Service has recommended this order be canceled. If
you wish to replace your order, please utilize Western Union Quick
Pay. For more details on Western Union Quick Pay, please visit
www.westernunion.com or visit us online at www.eastbay.com.

Sincerely,
Eastbay Customer Service
Customer Number: 48610423
Order Number: 42724490

So i just wanted to ask what does this mean? does it mean my credit card was invalid or was there a problem during the transaction?>

Topic #32156 | Report this topic

Shopper  
Years ago

Online retailers use fraud protection engines to protect themselves from charge backs and use of stolen credit cards. These rule sets look at the items you have ordered, your shipping address, billing address, ip address and credit card details to determine the potential for a fraudulent transaction. The most common rule that gets triggered is the country that issued the credit card does no match the country provided in the billing address. I have ordered many times with east bay/footlocker and on my first order with a new credit card they always ask me after ordering for the contact phone number of the issuing bank to verify the credit card and order and that is when the country of billing address and issuing bank country match. Once my details and card is verified, all other orders go through with no issue. Maybe try paying with your credit card linked to a PayPal account, or order over he phone. I have had the same issue as you ordering through Macy's with my US address and got around this by ordering over the phone. But don't worry too much, this is very common as online fraud is huge and retailers just try to protect themselves.

Reply #427589 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

I'd call them to check, this email sounds fraudulent.

Reply #427610 | Report this post

Carcus Mamby  
Years ago

I used to get this email when trying to pay by credit card. Solution is paypal.

Reply #427617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Probs best to go on Eastbay and call them, rather than start a topic on a Basketball forum. Its offseason but geeeeeez

Reply #427668 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I've had experience dealing with eastbay and their credit card system. Post your card number here along with the three digit code on the back and ill look in to the problem for you.

Reply #427669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's right situation and ask for the pin number too LOL

Reply #427670 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:27 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754