BigRed
Years ago

ABL import or top of the line player incomes

I have recently been looking at the possibilities of recruiting an import or a top of the line Australian player for next season.

What are the sort of averages that female imports or top female players are getting paid in various state leagues around Australia?

Apart from $$$ what else have you or your club used as big recruiting tools to lure players to your teams?

I would assume that some key recruitment tools would be; development opportunities, playing level opportunity, living location, quality of team, the people within the team, the coaching staff, the level of the league, the team history, employment opportunities etc.

Also, what have you found to be the best way to recruit players out of college? Any positive feedback and assistance would be appreciated.

Cheers

Topic #32191 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Provision of car and accommodation?

Reply #428447 | Report this post

the assessor  
Years ago

most good players have agents they would know exactly who, what, when and why.

Reply #428464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Imports don't get paid do they? Depends also on visa conditions

Reply #428466 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Agents are only interested in placing there players and getting a commission. If you are going to use an agent I would recommend Warren Sports International. Quality people, quality players. Manages Redhage, Lisch, and a number of SEABL imports.
If your not going to use an agent look at NCAA Div2 and NAIA players.Look at the top guys in there conferences and in particular there shooting percentages.Also check google for criminal convictions and other possible issues.

Reply #428467 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Free accommodation and a car should get you something decent. Access to part time work not connected to basketball if they are smart enough to come here on a working holiday visa.

Reply #428487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There are minimun legal requirents that a basketball import has to be paid. A lot more to it than a car and accom.

Reply #428488 | Report this post

Cedar  
Years ago

Not on a working holiday visa.

Reply #428489 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Alot of clubs are using working holiday visas to get around the sporting visa.

Reply #428496 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

Car, Accom are almost definites for imports. In my experience, they (topline/imports) are paid $500-900 a week during the season, regardless of 1 or 2 games a week.

Reply #428601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think under the conditions of their visa they have to be paid a minimum amount

Reply #429063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I also think that paperwork is done through the governing body to make sure it lines up with FIBA and immigration laws

Reply #429064 | Report this post

Mo Williams  
Years ago

What team is this for very interested

Reply #430774 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:16 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754