Anonymous
Years ago

Morphetvale stadium a disgrace !

Game abandoned after a shower of rain - southern tigers and morphetvale stadium what a joke !

Topic #32201 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stadium not owned by Southern.... How many times can this be gone over.

Basketball SA fully aware of the issues, however management unable to do anything about it due to the BSA heads not willing to part with the required cash. 25k per court to fix them one by one. Full plans have been given to Hubbard and the commission, but alas nothing has been done. Great way to promote the Junior elite competition isn't it? Great way to ruin a revamped facility.

Honestly it is an absolute disgrace that winter after winter the same complaints come through. No vision, no planning, no organisation. What an absolute farce of an organisation.

Don't even get me started on refereeing. There was Miniball referees scheduled to referee the under 16 girls game tonight, and the under 14 boys. And I'm not saying Miniball as in, degrading their ability, but actual Miniball referees. Gibson and Bridgeman see a name of a referee, don't care about their ability, see them
Simply as a number and a way to fill a gap so their isn't solo games.

Again such great vision and action from our sports peak body.

What an utter disgrace and complete useless organisation this is.

Reply #428630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2 T's in Morphett Vale!

Interesting that the boys game got underway once the court was dried yet the muppet umpiring the girls game couldn't get out of the place for a fag quick enough

The stadiums a disgrace yes

But bit of brain power would have gone a long way to ensure the girls got to continue doing what they love doing yet it was all about an umpire again

Reply #428632 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

The Mirror at work again

What is the point of having funds in the bank and stadiums leaking everywhere.

How lucky this is isn't the first weekend of the Under 16' s Nationals

BSA commission won't act because they too are weak to act.

8 years

No stadiums
No improvements
No accountability
No competition improvement

Poor management , but even poorer leadership

Reply #428636 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

It was more than a bit of rain. It was a couple minute hail storm at my place about 2 minutes from the stadium. All the stadiums have air vents and the hail would have gone straight through. However with good management it should have been playable within 15 minutes if people worked together to dry the court.

Was it a case of leaks stopping the game from finishing or was it a referee/s wanting to get paid for doing nothing?

Reply #428638 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It hailed hard and there was water coming in the middle of the court, on all 3 courts that were being used, 2 games continued after a short break the game on court 2 was cancelled by the ref, to wet inside yet not to wet to sit outside smoking five minutes later!

Easy money for tomorrow's ciggies

Reply #428640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And the game after got played!

Easy easy money for the ciggies

Reply #428641 | Report this post

Years ago

a lot of junior refs have not got a handle on the sport or match management - but you must remember like a learner driver - one must be patient as they learn or one will have no game.

saw a player sitting on the floor tonight with the ball get up then start dribbling right in front of 2 refs - nothing called.

Reply #428646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ref in question isn't a learner although should never have been promoted out of a green shirt

Reply #428647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why point the finger at the Refs or the Tigers.

Tigers not their stadium (Council Should step in and Smash BSA out of it, hand it over to the club at least things might get done) After the million dollar floor revamp (Local Government funding) and its currently allowed to suffer water damage. BSA is mismanaging our association change is needed!

Here's the tender document to the council, BSA
http://www.onkaparingacity.com/custom/files/councilattach_84190509.pdf

Take a look for yourself at costs and projected spending there's $10,000 for marketing to get people through the doors, jokes on us.

I'd like to see the BSA books to prove the associations not being skimmed for profits.

Reply #428649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did you say give the stadium to the club? You must be bloody stupid! The same club that broke a ring during Sunday training, and didn't tell management about it until
It was found out the following Saturday a week later? What about all those seniors games played on that court between those times? Imagine if one person had dunked, and seriously injured or killed themselves?!? The club that can't even run a profit from their canteen? The club who cant even supply a RSA for their bar?

BSA are a pathetic organization, but the suggestion that the rabble called Southern Tigers can do it better is an absolute joke. They couldn't even run Aussie bloody hoops. Oh wait maybe that annoying lady who hands around the office and the tall bald bloke who pisses everyone off seem like good sorts. God the patients from glenside would do a better job.

Reply #428656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Million dollar floor revamp?? More like 400k for the whole stadium! Anon #649 is defintley Mr.Smith

Reply #428659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aussie Hoops is BSA run and administered throught the stadium. How do you know the canteen runs at a loss? did you sit at the AGM get the finance report?

What proof do you have that the club knew about the broken ring and it was during a club training session? BSA run the stadium it's BSA court supervisors not the club who oversee it.

Let me guess you live in the glass house

Reply #428660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People from the club told people from outside that it was the club who broke it

Reply #428664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ People know Jack lots of people assume.

Fact is the Stadium is leased by BSA and managed by BSA the club hire it from BSA, it's the responsibility of BSA to ensure all equipment is safe and sustainable. Fair Work Australia anyone?

Reply #428666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon #660

Aussie hoops under Southern was a joke that's why BSA took it off them
2 years ago. The club blamed the poor turn out on a volunteer who's job it was to hand out flyers when they didn't pay him for any of it. When it was run on a Friday afternoon and they got 10 kids to the session, now it's run on a Saturday getting 25-40.

The canteen runs at a loss because I was told directly. They had stock losses from the bar which was blamed on anyone but the execs who drink for free.

I have proof that the people who were there at the time the ring was broken! The club didn't say anything because they didn't want to pay for the repairs (see annoy kgs meddling office lady). The ring was then changed the following Saturday after the women's abl game because the referee "noticed" it due to the Southern tigers parent who works for acromat told the referee who also works for acromat during the week that it was broken. The southern tigers parent was there on the Sunday.

The fact is your club is full of dishonest, self indulged people, who look after themselves and their kids interests. Your club is the worst club, full of shady, unethical, rude, offensive people. Who could never ever do a thing wrong. Grow Up, show some respect and take responsibility. The fact your still denying actions like the ring, show the immature nature of your club. Enjoy being a bottom feeder club with no future.

Reply #428667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The fact southern hire it from BSA means they Are responsible for the use. Do they clean after trainings, no.... Is it in the hire agreement that they should? Yes.

Fact is the club broke the ring, didn't tell anyone because they didn't want to pay, and who knows if they have. With chanstrom and smith in charge, the dodgy brothers live on.

And before you say anything, I am not Mr Davies.

Reply #428669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not Mr Davies but one of his puppets

Reply #428671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahahah Southern with such a Brenton complex? Guilty much? I'm not Brenton... I know so much more than he does. Where do Southern but there bar alcohol from? From a local bottle shop who then give two execs big discounts whilst the club pays more for alcohol by buying from an independant and not the cheapest retailer and reduces the associations profits... Great execs you have there.

Reply #428672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

*buy

Reply #428673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope you have proof

Reply #428674 | Report this post

enjoying the read  
Years ago

What the hell was this shitstorm I just read...

Ah hoops, you've done it again

Reply #428678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I did the door one night 4 years ago ,does anyone know how much they get through the door with all the kids and parents,enough in one night twice my weekly wage,yet they cant get roof fixed.
Referees have a right to stop game or cancel game when deem too dangerous,but now i hear Court Supervisors have been told not to cancel games.If anyone gets injured badly there,just sue the stadium management.I refuse my kids play at that stadium if it is raining heavy.Our team has 9 players ,my sons miss out one game doesn't bother them(they are not the teams best player)YES DISGRACE and DO something about it.

Reply #428683 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

The floor was dangerous, Mav's 18 men's player went out of court to get a ball and hit a wet patch in the chairs and slid badly. He didn't retake the court. It is not just to court surface that needs to be dry but also the surrounds.

Reply #428684 | Report this post

Bruce  
Years ago

morphetvale may be the worst but i know west and forrestville both leak as well !

Reply #428690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West Stadium leaks really bad where the air ventilation shafts are they just need rain covers, Morphett Vale leaks straight down the middle apparently it runs from one end to the other across the middle of all courts but only in certain spots.

BSA it costs about $10 or less for a tube of Sellys All Clear and probably about $100+ to pay someone to get up on the roof and find the holes. Get a laser pointer of a bright spotlight shine in at the roof where the water spots are.

Reply #428710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forget the roof I want to hear more of the dodgy dealings

Reply #428711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do BSA actually have contracts in place with clubs for use of BSA stadiums. Perhaps that is half the problme - no=oneknows if it is BSA, the council or the clubs responsibility. Who is responsible for what?

As for the actual management of the club - that is the club's responsibility. How good and how ethically they run the club I have no idea but if the club members do not like it they always can do something about it!!

Reply #428724 | Report this post

One of those anons definitely sounds like Brenton or one of his puppets, maybe even someone he is really close to who loyally followed him to the other cat club!!!

Reply #428725 | Report this post

Sounds Like  
Years ago

Mmm with the weather so cold and the leaking roof it might be an ideal night to stay home and keep warm sipping on a fine Dewars single malt

Reply #428728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wow and i thought norwood was a bit disorganised, sounds like serious issues down in the south.

Reply #428736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BSA not interested in repairs,they just want their income .As someone said buy sellers no more gaps,get on the roof and fix all the leaks ,you it yourself Manager of Southern,instead of sitting in that office doing nothing for half a day ,or disappearing for Craig Thomson special,get on the roof fix it,then you will receive less complaints.

Sorry for that player who slipped and didn't return to the game,if you read this ,then if you have to pay any medical bills then don't pay for it,forward it to BSA to pay for it,it's on their turf,an unsafe arena .

Reply #428745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You want dodgy.

How about the Southern President who has the merchandise contract for the Club or a Club that does not have their financials audited.

Reply #428751 | Report this post

annoy  
Years ago

you all need to get of your high horses and get the correct facts about all of this so many incorrect statements being made here. shut up stop being so bloody critical and perhaps do some volunteer work yourselves so many people have soooo much to say but never ever give up some time to do anything to help around their club.

Reply #428841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@Annoy

Which facts would you like to clear up? on further gossiping with an x member one of the above comments regarding the board and presidents merchandise deal was aired at the AGM and people were quite concerned the board failed to document the deal in committee minutes.

Reply #428935 | Report this post

Abbey  
Years ago

You people only look at what you believe or want to believe is facts. Refer to the previous post where putting your hand up to volunteer and find the real facts.

I spoke with someone from that AGM and they showed me the financial statement and it was very clear that this particular club was very financial and in a strong position compared to a few years ago under the previous committee and president.

It also stopped selling alcohol for a period of time until the RSA licence was sorted. That's what I call a club that has the balls to make proper decisions to protect themselves and its members.

Reply #428964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and honestly if you're that pissed show the balls to get your arse out of the lounge and HELP FIX THE PROBLEM..
If you know all the answers YOU put your hand up for election..
sick to death of snipers on here with a rudimentary understanding of Corporate Governance gleaned from countless hours listening to talk-back radio..
put up or shut the FU..
it's not just confined to this Club..little heroes everywhere

Reply #428990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gossiping with an ex member means you are one of Davies mates

Reply #428993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sure there's more than one ex member that heard about the going on at an AGM?

Reply #429004 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:37 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754