The Journo
Years ago

Pistons Back-to-Back

What a great effort by Detroit, winning a game seven on the road!

I think that will give them so much confidence that San Antonio might feel the force of the Pistons and Detroit will go back-to-back in six!

Any guarntees Rasheed? I hope there is!

Bad luck Miami, if Wade culd've done a Jordan and played through pain in game six, the Heat would probably be getting ready for the Finals now.

Bowen will get the job on Hamilton without a doubt!

Topic #3221 | Report this topic

JimBob  
Years ago

Had Wade been fully fit I think the Heat could have got through no doubt.

Gutsuy effort to rack up 20 but not quite enough. I think the Spurs will win the battle of the defence in 5 games with Manu as MVP.

Reply #37202 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

My man Manu will be the factor in this series.

The battle of the best offensive vs the best defensive big men in the L will be epic.

I think Chauncy will have the wood over Parker with his strength, but may be too slow on D. They may cancel each other out.

Some strange match up issues for both coaches. Who will guard Manu, who will match up on Prince?

This will not be a boring series. Two teams that play tough D for 48 mins, and like to run the floor? That's my kind of basketball.

Spurs in 6.

Reply #37203 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Oh, and Horry to hit at least one game winner....

Reply #37204 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

i must admit i thought miami had the goods this series.

but i reckon that san antonio look to good. Duncan will be too good inside and manu will run the show. Bowen will quiten rip hamilton and chancy billups isnt a big enough weapon to do anything magnificant.

It will be a hard fought battle with spurs taking it in 6

plus robert horry

Reply #37239 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

My tip is the Pistons to take it in 6. With Big Ben taking out Duncan with his defensive presence. I hoping Chauncy comes to play and tears it up on Parker.

I don't think you can say that just cos Wade was injured that its the reason the Pistons won, Detroit came to play last night! If Jordan have of been injured that wouldn't have been an excuse he would of played through it for the greater good of the team. Better luck next year Miami.

Should be an exciting series as thedoctor said both teams play top D and love to run the floor.

Reply #37252 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

If the spurs do win where does that put Tim duncan in the Best-Big man category?

Better than Hakeem and Shaq?

Reply #37274 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

I dunno if you can start saying that miami lost because wade couldn't play through injury like jordan. The fact is Wade is only 2nd year in the league and wasnt able to compete at 100% because of the injury. I'm sure it was more the lack of experience factor than the lack of heart,desire and tougness. Im sure that in the future (as wade is older) that he could compete to full potential despite physical condition. He's only young.

Althoug Duncan is a fantastic player i dont think you can compare him to shaquille or Hakeem. These players are better players.

Tim Duncan has got himself in a awesome well rounded team. The Spurs have got good management and have built a dynasty.

Reply #37281 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

I'm going pistons in 7

Reply #37289 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

spurs in 6 in a low scoring defensive series.

shaqs dominace is over.he never reached the heights that we expected from him this finals series.duncan and amare are the elite pf/c in the nba rite now.

ps the ball will prob be in ginobilli's hand this series becauase hes against the weeker players-prince,hamilton.while duncan has to contest with rasheed and big ben wallace.

Reply #37339 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Pistons in 7, The spurs and Timmy D will not be able to overcome the defence double tagteam of Big Ben, Sheed, Dice and Campbell.

Rip and Bowen to grind it out and Manu v Price will be great, not to mention Parker v Billups. It will be a great series....

And Milicic has never lost a play off series, the human victory cigar will continue to smoke....

Reply #37466 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:38 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754