ANon
Years ago

Cairns latest addition? (Burston)

So who was the latest Cairns addition who touched down at 11:45am this morning at Cairns Airport? I'm guessing the new import maybe?

Topic #32235 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

Mitch Young?

Reply #429396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@paul - they said he hadnt been announced yet mate.
I would guess maybe it is Burston?

Reply #429397 | Report this post

ziah  
Years ago

It's Burston. They posted image son Twitter/Facebook.

Reply #429405 | Report this post

lul  
Years ago

http://www.taipans.com/article/id/1rr5zzc7m21b81tlntc3phitq9

Thoughts on Cairns' roster?

Reply #429458 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

397, Micth Young was mentioned as a "contracted player" in the article linked ^

Only one import and a backup PG spot available now.

Reply #429489 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Mitch* Young

Apart from the waste of space that is Cameron Tragardh, Cairns have a pretty solid lineup.

Fearne has done well recruiting returning Aussies from college and making use of their 3 player point ratings: Gliddon is a boarderline 8 point player in only his second pro season, while Steindl (X-factor) and Young (workhorse) should be capable of contributing in short stints.

Throw in Wilson and Loughton and there's a good mix of youth and experience to go with program continuity.

Reply #429491 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The Burston arrival looked a bit regional. Reminded me of the maroon knitted jumper in Adelaide!

Reply #429495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Grab a guy like will Hudson and expect a top 3 finish from this team

Reply #429496 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

Cam Tragardh a waste of space? with the right PG I would think not.

I think they have a pretty competitive line up. Myself, I am not a huge fan of Jamar Wilson. But to each there own, Weigh might be an upgrade on Hill for them (personal opinion)... Burstons not a bad backup but has seen better days, Gliddons the next Madgen, Steindl is a good shot. Offensively they will be fine.

Reply #429500 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

We had the offensive cattle last season, the problem with our offence is the guy on the sideline telling the players what to do.

Reply #429513 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:54 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754