Kriss
Years ago

Mitch Creek AFL trials

So.....

Mitch is trying his hand @ AFL

Collingwood, Essendon and Geelong are going to trial him out tomorrow

You heard it here first...unless you saw channel 7 news ;)

Topic #32241 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/basketball/mitch-creek-says-he-wont-ditch-the-adelaide36ers-and-the-nbl-for-a-chance-in-the-afl/story-fni2uang-1226681117362

Reply #429525 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

He can trial, but whether he wants to make the transition is another story

Reply #429526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would he trial if he wasn't interested?

Reply #429529 | Report this post

YouknowME  
Years ago

to see if he could. why do women flirt when there not interested

*zen moment*

Reply #429530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mitch could easily play afl

Reply #429547 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I hope he developed a jumpshot, will be interesting to watch him and 18yo Breaker Rueban TeRangi go at each other this season.

My thoughts on the matchup are TeRangi>Creek.

Reply #429563 | Report this post

eli1  
Years ago

perhaps a little behind the 8 ball on age, but a chance. reckon u need to be awesome at age 15 to get a chance of being drafted however.......

good luck to him i say (probz doesnt help he had his injury last season but maybe he's right)

Reply #429564 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Blicavs!

Reply #429569 | Report this post

Anonalso  
Years ago

He'd be crazy not to go to Footy! No stability in hoops here or money!

Reply #429571 | Report this post

daisy  
Years ago

YouKnowMe- I am offended by your comments Re- women flirting!!!!

Reply #429576 | Report this post

daisy  
Years ago

YouKnowMe - Are you single,well built,goodlooking and well off? If so I can be in Adelaide next week on "Business"

Reply #429585 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Didnt Worthington just recently have trials as well? I think Creek will stick with Basketball....at least for the near future.

Reply #429594 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No stability in hoops here
Tell me about it! He couldn't get a job straight out of the AIS and then get an extension despite being injured. Has moved team every year.

Reply #429614 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Did anyone read the article? Maybe I'm naive, but I believe Mitch when he says it wasn't a trial.

For his sake he should definitely give AFL a crack though...

Reply #429618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The cats picked up former Melbourne Tiger Ryan Baithe a couple of years ago. Still hasn't played a senior AFL game. I doubt they'll take on Mitch as well. Baithe has been playing ok in the VFL but still no where near getting a spot on the AFL team.

Would Creek be willing to spend a couple of years in the reserves or would he prefer to stay with the 36ers? I believe he has potential to be a star in the NBL, why would he pass that up to go the the VFL?

Reply #429681 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Chatting to him a year or so ago his real goal was to play overseas after a few years improving in the NBL, that aim was very strong for him after he performed so well at the U19 WCs.

Reply #429684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AFL scouts are picking players from every sport. There was an article in the Herald Sun yesterday about a former basketballer now doing swimming!!! (very well) cant remember his name and I believe that there were 2 players last season recruited from tassie to go into 2 seperate AFL teams for development purposes. At probably $60K a season why wouldnt you?

Reply #429686 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There was also that big American guy (around 6'7"-6'9") who played college basketball there and has just signed with North Melbourne in the hope of being another Majak Daw.

Reply #429693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eric Wallace ^

Reply #429694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also Ben Dowdell is in his second year with Adelaide Crows.

Reply #429695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

True and Dowdell who has never played an AFL game was stuck playing SANFL reserves, South Adelaide didn't think he was good enough for their league side so about a month or two ago they did a transfer to Centrals and immediately they put him in their league side and he was doing reasonably well, I think he's still in their league side.

Reply #429698 | Report this post

Anonalso  
Years ago

Isaac, there almost wasn't going to be a league! Most teams lose money and could fold! Stability is something the NBL doesn't have! Unless you know something I don't? But hey, the $70k? he gets might be worth it to him

Reply #429785 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Ryan Bathie is at Geelong toomisnt he after he played college hoops

Reply #429824 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:08 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754