fish fingers
Years ago

Boooooooooooring

the NBA championship series is here but most fans are sure to be dissappointed seeing two teams compete against each other that are not as exciting to watch as say the suns, miami, mavs, nets, jsut to name a few. with these teams basing there games more on offence it would have displayed the skill and fast motion of what the game is like at the highest level. maybe not to the extent of the NBL all star game.

the two best defensive teams in the league going head to head should have its positives, with close games and possibly going to 6 or 7 games. but it may not be a promotional benefit to the sport of basketball. Lets just hope the spurs get bored with their own style of basketball and tim duncan manages a 45 point game or the detroit pistons, ben wallace manages a triple double, or even better someone shots Tayshaun Prince in the head.

with that all said im tipping spurs in 6 games

Topic #3228 | Report this topic

ok  
Years ago

ok

Reply #37267 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I don't think you can say that this will be a boring series, but I guess it depends what excites you! To me there's nothing better than seeing someone go up to the rack strong only to have the ball planted on to the glass with a huge swat!! It's not as if these 2 teams don't dunk or shoot 3's, Pistons often chuck up alley's for Big Ben, Prince etc and Duncan goes up for a dunk + Manu slicing his way to the bucket.

Tayshaun is a crazy player and I don't think he deserves to be shot in the head, he does some pretty good things on both ends of the floor.

I am quite excited about this series and I am tipping Pistons in 6 with Rip for MVP.

Reply #37271 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

If you cant get excited about the two best teams of the past three years .... With the 2003 champions taking on the 2004 champions then there is something wrong with ya .... Yes the fast up tempo style of game is better to watch .. But seeing as none of teams you mention made the final it proves the style just dosent work in the playoffs ... I for one cant wait for the arm wrestle which which be the nba finals i really cant seeing anything but a close seris which may well go to 7 games ....

Reply #37275 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

7 game series with the Pistons winning another decider on the Spurs floor.

Awesome match ups again in this series, Big Ben, Sheed, Dice and Campbell tag teaming Timmy D, Bowen/Manu running with Rip, Parker and Billups going head to head. It's gonna be a tight tight series, not like last years cake walk.

I think the smokey player of the series maybe Nazr, all the Pistons are gonna be worried about Timmy D, Manu and Parker that I think Nazr could be given some slack on the offensive sets by the Pistons. Could be a few double-double's for Nazr.

If someone can't get up for a smackdown series then maybe someone should watch someone else, their is enough crap on FOX bar basketball to keep anyone entertained.

Reply #37334 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:36 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754