Skyhook
Years ago

Ouch ... who got Dunked on ?

The Dunk on Bowley from the last round of matches got me thinking .. who has 'thrown' it down hard on someone since the beginning of the season ??

I saw some great ones by Brad Newley and Will Foster early in round 1 ... and remember talk of Oscar throwing some down too (Isaac? )
The Mapunda kid has got some hops .. but havent seen him throw one yet on anyone?

Does anyone know of a Westies player posterising someone? Can Paul Bell still touch the rim ? LOL Or Crusher?

Panther might want to give the kids at home some leaping tips too ? - Who is South's designated leaper? Pilkington ?

What about the Mav's?

Topic #3232 | Report this topic

Frank'n'Beans  
Years ago

Josh Wood from the Tigesr has thrown a few down at various times. One attempt against North earlier in the year woulds have been the best ive ever seen if it stayed in. Was on at least 4 of their players, and North aint a small timid bunch.

Reply #37315 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Frank'n'Beans I'm just watching Something About Mary (for the 50th time) - must be the funniest movie ever.

Reply #37318 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Newley's missed two hander over Trebilcock still had the crowd going nuts, even though he missed.

Reply #37319 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Gower has got a couple on the break I think. Trebilcock got a two-hander against Sturt the other week. Haven't seen Oscar get one in a while. He had one in traffic against West in Round 1 and an alley in the same game.

For West, Truslove is a big fan of the two-hander off one step, from memory.

Anyone from Centrals get up there?

However you look at it though, just not enough dunks in the league.

I think it was last year against the Tigers that Oscar went for a big one -- that's exactly the sort of thing we need more of. I don't care if it misses, it's the attempt that makes the crowd happy and want more.

Reply #37320 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Ive seen clasuen for Centrals get up there agaisnt Woodville ... and then throw down a big dunk on saturday night agaisnt southern ,,,, still rememeber the tip in dunk by newley agaisnt centrals at the plex that was crazy

Reply #37323 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

Bungey got a nasty dunk on Farman on the weekend. Backed it up with a block (Farman again) down the other end next play (fouled out soon after tho.)

Reply #37328 | Report this post

Ray  
Years ago

Bell is still capable of touching the rim only if he's got 6 Pale ales under his belt and has the assistance of an elevator

Reply #37330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anyone who gaurded Billy Fikes in the post, that dude was "off the chain"

Reply #37338 | Report this post

Bungey actually got fouled out on that attempted block!

Reply #37344 | Report this post

BLAZER  
Years ago

as previously mentioned, Chris Clauson is always looking to posterise someone, regardless who it is.

Reply #37345 | Report this post

Darryl Kerrigan  
Years ago

The Dunk on Bowley by Claussen on the weekend would be one of the bigger dunks of the season. He can sure get up there...

As for the dunkee, his tip back dunk against the mavs at Mt Barker was a highlight over the back of the rebounders, not bad for an old man.

Reply #37346 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

best one ive seen this season v woodville, oscar with an ally, passed from the 3 point line, in traffic. caught it at his hip brought it back up and hammered it with 2 hands. that was dam huge

Reply #37353 | Report this post

Yes, Oscar's dunk was massive. Zacharjak for Westies has got some hops, hopefully he can see some minutes so we get to see them!

Reply #37358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hambour got a pretty big tip-jam against the Eagles in the season opener, was on a couple guys... one being Farman.

Reply #37380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #37396 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

great shot anonymous .. thanks for that ... I m sure Dave will love it too ..

Reply #37397 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

is that Clausen up there? Way to throw it down anyway.

Reply #37408 | Report this post

david  
Years ago

SAW STEVE PILKINGTON FROM SOUTH THROW DOWN A BIG DUNK VS CENTRALS OVER ABOUT 3 GUYS FROM THE POST,COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO..THAT WAS NICE.

Reply #37413 | Report this post

Years ago

Pilkington has amd hops. You can see how fired up he is when the vein on his leg starts throbbing. Then you can see that sumthin big is going to happen!

Reply #37415 | Report this post

Bowley  
Years ago

Shit... for once in my life i don't try to block a guy on a fast break, not only do i get dunked all over but there is photographic evidence!!!

You might be able to get a bit for that on ebay as a collectors item... it's never happened before and will never happen again. ;)

Reply #37416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the image wont work on my comp :( any other possible links? and can we PLEASE get some video of it!?!

Reply #37421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oscars dunk against West in the opener was the dunk of the season so far for me - made everyone stand up and pay attention!

Reply #37432 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:34 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754