Isaac
Years ago

NBL schedule released, ASG dates, FTA confirmed

The NBL's oldest rivalry between the Perth Wildcats and Adelaide 36ers will tip off the opening round of the new league, throwing new 36ers coach Joey Wright into a baptism of fire.

The match at Perth Arena will re-launch the new NBL in Australia on Friday, October 11 although it will not be the season's opening game.

That in fact will occur 24 hours earlier in New Zealand when the reigning titleholders host Wollongong Hawks and raise their 2012-13 championship banner at Vector Arena.
Some good rivalries in the opening round - Cairns in Townsville, Melbourne playing Sydney, etc.

Other points of interest:

- 28 game regular season
- each opponent played four times
- finals remains top four
- best of three semis and grand final series
- All-Star Game break is December 20-22
- all games on FTA and NBL.TV

Boti's story

The schedule link in the story is currently broken so the fixture itself remains to be seen.

Here's a PDF schedule direct from the NBL.

Topic #32353 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

All Games will be televised on both free-to-air television and on demand on PC, iPhone or iPad via NBL.TV, with TV games and tip off times still to be confirmed.

All games on FTA is amazing, even if some are in the middle of the night. I hope all the idiots on forums and twitter realise this is why the fixture has taken so long to be released. Great job New NBL

Reply #431467 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Does that mean all games are on FTA, or all games can be seen on either FTA or NBL.TV?

Reply #431469 | Report this post

asho  
Years ago

Schedule release article up on nbl.com.au here

Linky to schedule

Reply #431471 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Tha Hawks have a rough round 4, 1/11 at Perth then 3/11 at NZ and then 3/11 at Adelaide, I am assuming the game Adelaide game is in correct as we play them 2 other times at home

Reply #431474 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

NBL have listed some schedule highlights:

Summary Highlights/Milestones during the season

Round 2 - Saturday 19 October 2013
Adelaide 36ers first of six double-headers with WNBL counterparts Adelaide Lightning
Round 2 - Sunday 20 October 2013
Melbourne will be holding a special 20th Anniversary celebration of their first Championship (at home v Perth)
Round 3 - Saturday 26 October 2013
Wollongong celebrate their 1000th game in the NBL (at home v Townsville)
Round 4 - Friday 1 November 2013
Perth Wildcats celebrate their 500th home game (at home v Wollongong)
Round 11 - Tuesday 31 December 2013
New Year's Eve Basketball Party with the three community clubs
Cairns Taipans v Perth Wildcats
Townsville Crocodiles v Adelaide 36ers
Wollongong Hawks v Melbourne Tigers
Round 15 - Sunday 26 January 2014
Australia Day Celebrations in NSW
Wollongong Hawks v Melbourne Tigers
Sydney Kings v Adelaide 36ers
Round 16 - Sunday 2 February 2014
Melbourne v Perth – first of four games for Melbourne at Hisense Arena

Have asked Boti to confirm the FTA games thing. NBL release is a bit ambiguous whereas Boti's article adds "All" to the start of a copy and paste.

Now, he's a professional and would likely only add that if it had been confirmed, but still worth double-checking before we get too excited.

Reply #431478 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Wildcats:
2 Thurs
10 Fri
0 Sat
2 Sun

When they said "majority of home games" they weren't kidding.

Reply #431480 | Report this post

bethdavis10  
Years ago

Is the All-Star game still planned to be held in Wollongong this year?

Reply #431481 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Potential for 20,000 attendees across the first two games for the NBL!

Reply #431482 | Report this post

Mark  
Years ago

I would be surprised if it is all games on free to air TV (but hope I am surprised!). The fact they haven't released TV times or tip off times is concerning, as last time that happened we ended up with 10:30pm or later delayed games.

Reply #431483 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Surely NZ can play all home games out of Vector by now

Reply #431484 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think theyre too smart to leave their rusted on fanbase at the North Shore. Good to see a couple of extra games at Vector though.

Reply #431487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I doubt all games will be telecast on FTA. Are we looking at Friday and Sunday telecasts again?

Reply #431488 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The release says:

Games will once again be broadcast on both free-to-air television as well as live and on demand on PC, iPhone or iPad via NBL.TV (TV games and tip-off times will be announced shortly).

Reply #431489 | Report this post

traread  
Years ago

No, All games won't be on FTA. Not sure how many will yet until NBL confirms them.

Reply #431490 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Home Game Tallies:
Club - Thur - Fri - Sat - Sun - Tues
Perth 2 10 0 2 0
NZ 8 5 1 0 0
Towns 0 9 3 1 1
Adel 0 4 5 5 0
Woll 0 4 4 5 1
Cairns 0 5 8 0 1
Sydney 0 3 4 7 0
Melbourne 0 2 2 10 0

NZ is odd with 8 Thursday night games!

Reply #431491 | Report this post

Cats82  
Years ago

Can some one post all the perth games with the dates? My mb wont download for some reason thanks

Reply #431492 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I would imagine the costs of hiring Vector would be considerably more than NSEC.

NSEC is more community focussed, so the council probably offers some subsidy. Vector is more privitised and profit-based.

I think anything less than a sell-out for all NSEC games would be a failure.

Breakers could go to Christchurch and sell-out CBS arena which seats 8k, or they could go 1.5hrs south to Hamilton and sell-out their 6k stadium.

Reply #431493 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Cats82 - you should be getting a member email.

Unless you're not a member, in which case SHAME, SHAME ON YOU

Reply #431497 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Nathan of Perth, NZ request Thursday night games and has been like that for a while now.

Reply #431500 | Report this post

Cats82  
Years ago

I am, just at work atm and i got a shit mb + was waiting a while to see the fixtures and got a few dates i need to see asap

Reply #431501 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

I'm sure that's still more than last year, but hey, my memory can be kind of odd.

Reply #431502 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

All Games will be televised on both free-to-air television and on demand on PC, iPhone or iPad via NBL.TV, with TV games and tip off times still to be confirmed.

"with TV games and tip off times still to be confirmed" < that makes it sound like not all games will be "TV" games. I guess the ambiguous wording, as great as it sounds doesn't mean all games will be on FTA.

Reply #431503 | Report this post

asho  
Years ago

The schedule in xlsx format

We play Wollongong 5 times but Sydney 3, so I guess one of those is a mistake

Reply #431508 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think Round 4 is actually Adelaide v Sydney not Wollongong, who are scheduled to play NZ the same day!

Reply #431511 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Vector is expensive for the Club and Fans.

The catering is ridiculously expensive and well below average compared to NSEC where it is pretty good and reasonably priced.
NSEC has a much better atmosphere IMO.

Vector is much closer to me and I'd way rather go to a Breakers game at NSEC.

Reply #431519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Got super excited when I saw all games on FTA...
Obviously (I hope I'm proven wrong) that won't be the case. It would render NBL.TV almost pointless.

Reply #431521 | Report this post

asho  
Years ago

Reply #431523 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Yes, with a nicer arena, your expected to pay much more. Its the same at Perth Arena. Prices are ridiculous, but thats to be expected to be in such a nice venue.

Smaller and sometimes older venues also do have a better atmosphere when your there live. Its just that NSEC is just so damn ugly to look at - and not just in comparison to Vector!

Reply #431524 | Report this post

asho  
Years ago

Reply #431527 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Got super excited when I saw all games on FTA...
Obviously (I hope I'm proven wrong) that won't be the case. It would render NBL.TV almost pointless.
I doubt all FTA games would be live. NBL.TV advantages - tablet/mobile, live, rewind built in, watch later.

Granted, quality isn't always superb, but then the price isn't that high either. More support they get, the more they can put into it.

Reply #431536 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

You would imagine that all live is impossible - I hope we haven't gone with a system, though, where *only* NBL.tv is live and all FTA is delayed...

Will have to wait for additional detail, I guess.

Reply #431545 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

"All games on FTA and NBL.TV"
"All Games will be televised on both free-to-air television and on demand on PC, iPhone or iPad via NBL.TV, with TV games and tip off times still to be confirmed."

With NBL.TV always mentioned in the same sentence, I'm expecting that, collectively, all games will be shown on either FTA or NBL.TV i.e. similar to last season, only selected games will be broadcasted on FTA.

I can't imagine Ten agreeing to broadcast ALL the games, although I'm certainly hoping they will!

Reply #431576 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Well, now that Ten/OneHD has dropped the ANZ Championship/other netball, perhaps the broadcast slots are available?

Reply #431581 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Um, the seasons are on at different times

Reply #431589 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Yeah, I had a brain fade, switching between too many tabs...

Reply #431600 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

"The fact we again will be able to see every NBL game this season, even with the Ten details still being finalised, has to be a positive."

Hmm?
http://www.botinagy.com/blog/friday-wrap---its-been-a-good-day/

Reply #431639 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Some on FTA, all on NBL.TV. Better than nothing.

Reply #431645 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Given there's only been one season where we could watch every game, Id say it's pretty bloody good!

Reply #431648 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Some on FTA, all on NBL.TV. Better than nothing.

From the point of view of being able to watch every 36ers game - much much better than any previous years in the last decade plus

Reply #431665 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

great result.
so much for the league being dead.

Reply #431669 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:35 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754