Japorms
Years ago

Philippines might need import replacement. Aussie?

With talks that naturalized player Marcus Douhit(6 foot 11, 233lbs) playing his final year for Philippine national team, a replacement is needed of course.

The Philippines eliminated South Korea last night in which the injured Douhit did not play. With the win, they are guaranteed for trip to Basketball World Cup in Spain next year.

I always thought that getting player from Australia for naturalization is the best option than getting from somewhere else.

Australia is 8 hours flight to Philippines that will favor a player in terms of traveling between home away from home, vice versa. Also Australian players are more suited to team plays than ,say, of Americans, who are more dominant on one-on-one.

Australia has huge talents for big man. Not the best in the world as we often expect them to be like the Dwigth Howards or the Tyson Chandlers. But they can play in the world level.

I still remember Chris Antey's block on Dwight Howard in Beijing Olympics.

Topic #32375 | Report this topic

Japorms  
Years ago

looking at NBL website, initially i found Daniel Johnson. looks a good fit with his height and age.

although i havent seen any video of him playing.

Reply #431773 | Report this post

Japorms  
Years ago

a year ago, the Philippine basketball governing body Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas talked to Javale McGee. They want him to play for Gilas(national team nickname).

But has since no result. Maybe because of his recent Shaqtin-a-fool videos.

Reply #431774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'lln be happy to give you Daniel Johnson but he won't help you win anything. A stat chasing, no D soft big who is only good at pissing off his team-mates.

Reply #431776 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Naturalized players are different to imports in the fact that they need to be citizens of the country they are playing for and they also might want to give a shit about the Phillipines.

Reply #431777 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

'Quickie naturalisation' - just about an oxymoron.

Reply #431784 | Report this post

crazy bag lady  
Years ago

May appeal to some

Reply #431804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@ PlaymakerMo

What went wrong? The American word Naturalization or just because I used word 'import' rather than 'naturalization because the title box can only accommodate limited characters?

I thought we're talking about sports here. Why became irritable without any provocation?

Reply #431812 | Report this post

Japorms  
Years ago

It doesn't scare or give you a nice impression by just jumping into commando type of conversation. You simply cannot handle your head

Reply #431814 | Report this post

Japorms  
Years ago

On the topic, Philippine basketball has been dealing with American imports for the past 40 years.

Pardon me, this is a friendly basketball conversation and I'm involving mainly aussie subject for naturalization.

If one doesnt like the topic then he can ignore. We have hundreds of topics in this website we can be interested on.

Peace

Reply #431816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hate how the Asian teams have Americans who have hardly spent any time in the country. I think you should have lived in the country 5+ years if you are going to play for them.

Reply #431822 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

any sport is going to have Mercenaries.

Reply #431882 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

As long as he "thinks" he is Filippino, that's ok, right El Diablo?

Reply #431883 | Report this post

Japorms  
Years ago

yup, mercenaries in sports is common whether imports or naturalized. NBL, A-League, American and European sports clubs, they import players. thousands to consider if hating will be the case Anon

Reply #431946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You already got Pennisi.

Reply #431973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Penissi made it to the best/worst flop of all time

http://youtu.be/ZuOG09PGYFc

Reply #431983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #431984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Penissi is having a good life in the Philippines. Earning more than he can have down under as i dont see him much playing in NBL. He's on his 14th year playing in PBA. He's a celebrity there too.

Reply #431985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i rather have tall athletic americans than aussies, who of course has experience in europe or usa

Reply #431989 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wassup yo, anon. dont worry, we can send australian-sudanese player

wassuppp

Reply #432000 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:34 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754