Moneyballer
Years ago

Hoops Forum Fantasy NBL league

Is there going to be one on here this season.

Topic #32386 | Report this topic

alexkrad  
Years ago

Keen to have it return, will help out if required.

Pretty please Mr Skip.

:O)

Reply #432005 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I'm done. Just don't have the time to organise it all.

Happy to play though.

Reply #432052 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Happy to get some newbies over at the "other place" for our FNBL that I run ;)

And can certainly appreciate the effort that goes in, so thanks for running it up until now, Skip :)

Reply #432097 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

I concur - Thanks Skip - been good fun playing the last few seasons.

Wookie, tell me more....what's the go over at the other place (which I assume is OH?)

Reply #432100 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Skip, were you using excel to run it? I am sure with some guidance and perhaps last years spreadsheet I could update it for this year and run it?

I just tweeted the nbl to see if they might set up a fantasy website as well as the dream team they already run. Would be easier for everyone if there was a website already set up and all we had to do was play?

Wookie, I have tried several times to register for the "other place" but never had any luck.

Reply #432102 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Yea, Excel. I'm happy to send you the file I would use. It could do with a refresh though from someone more proficient with formulas.

It was not to time consuming when it was one league, but for some reason 2 leagues seem to create more than twice the work.

I've been emailing them and virtual sports for the last few years asking for a draft style league. (Like they have done with AFL this year). Always just told it's not in their plans at this time.

I've also looked for software online (was even willing to pay a bit for it), but couldn't find anything that could be modified to work with NBL.

I played OH one years ago. I reckon we joined at the same time Wookiee and were in the same league. Didn't like that there weren't weekly head to head battles and it was just all based on total score. Not sure if it's still the same. Didn't help that I didn't frequent the site all that much.

Reply #432111 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Yup, still the same, we've battled with lack of numbers but got a handful of extra-keen members to join a Keeper League style where each GM gets to keep up to three players that take their positions in whatever round they were the previous season +1 coming into the new season, which has been fun...

I even did an online draft (using php & mySQL for those programming nerds out there) for the Keeper League and it was pretty successful. There's a slight hiccup with the 12hr draft window and skipping over forfeiting GMs until their pick if too many GMs forget, but overall, looks good, works pretty well. Hoping to find some programming nerds to fix the bug for this season...

http://fnblvirtualgm.red-dingo.com.au/draftPlayerList.php if anyone wants to have a peek...

We sort of inherited the rotisserie-style from the previous manager, and maybe the head to head would spice things up more week to week, but that would require a huge overhaul for us... Might be worth it to maybe not have as many "draft a team and forget" GMs that we have most seasons... But we've got our spreadsheet working pretty well now, it's a huge thing, but with a bit of help (and searching google!) it's running like a finely tuned machine now :D

Reply #432134 | Report this post

Moneyballer  
Years ago

I'd be happy to run it this year

Reply #432140 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:04 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754