keen
Years ago

CABL - Finals Refs

I know Michelle Dyson did one of the games last week with a rookie finals ref (I think)

Who else is umpiring finals?
Any other rookies taking the step up in this league?

Topic #32391 | Report this topic

anon  
Years ago

bahahaha, Michelle didnt do a game with a rookie. Robert Rochford was referring seniors when most of these (newer) ref's were still sucking on their mummies titties.

Reply #432133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yet he's still not up to it. You'd think he'd be a little better at reffing by now with all that experience.

Reply #432138 | Report this post

Nike  
Years ago

This weekends referees are:

Men:
Elimination - Nathan Durant & John Clover
Double Chance - Andy Filmer & Nikki Ireland

Women:
Elimination - Nathan Wieland & Mark Frost
Double Chance - Vanessa Devlin & Ian Domeika

Good luck to all!!!

Reply #432789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think that panel shows what is wrong with basketball in SA. If Mark Frost is in the top 8 refs then we have a problem!!

Reply #432793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting there is no Benn McDonald this weekend. I think a sigh of relieve by most coaches and players.

Reply #432802 | Report this post

factual  
Years ago

Benn Mc is coaching ABA so only doing NBL now, right?

Reply #432810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Benn not coaching ABA has done 6 game requirement for this National League season.

Possibly not done enough games to qualify for finals. May not have made himself available, may be off doing SEABL finals who knows and with new ownership in the NBL who is saying he will get a game this coming season.

Reply #432817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seeing BA are supplying the referees for NBL pretty good I'd say.

Reply #432821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nikki Ireland is the worst ref I have ever seen, to give this girl a finals game is a disgrace, she has only proven what a joke she is again tonight, out of her depth is a massive understatement

Reply #432824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I take it she was on the West Forestville game?

I have seen her in action in YL and can't say I'm a fan, another referee who can be overly biased, try to over call the game if she feels wayward to the other ref/ump. Not really Panel quality tbh but under Mike Gibson the referee's will stay stagnant and under national levels.

Reply #432825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

she, Nikki, is currently the BA scholarship holder out of all the referees in Australia, so figure she might be a tad better than you think she is.

Reply #432828 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

She was absolutely horrible tonight, for both sides!

Had no idea how to referee a finals game.

Filmer was actually pretty good though I thought.

Reply #432833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ireland is still the best referee in her household though.

Reply #432838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol at Anon#828

She may be a scholarship holder but it's definitley not due to her ability as much as it is her gender.

Didn't the daughter of a high level BA and Basketball NSW employee also got the same scholarship - even though it is considered she is a joke as a referee?

Fact is if a male referee that has the exact same level of ability would not be on finals panel, nor a scholarship holder. And everybody knows it!

Reply #432856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@838 Comedy Gold Well done, shame its pretty true.

@856 Pretty well spot on, the issue is SA is scraping a thin bottom of the barrel, most of the Refs that had potential have been shafted because they butt heads with MG and/or have been sold out by BSA at one point or another.

Easy to influence, bias/loyalties fall on the preferred pretty much side sums it up.

Reply #432883 | Report this post

factual  
Years ago

who ever you are above you completely contradicted yourself
First you say Ireland is the best in her household which = better than Frost then you say that a male referee with the same ability would not be on finals panel yet Frost is?

See how sill you make yourself look

Reply #432922 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks niki

Reply #432927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Factual, you are not real bright are you?

There are lots of anons posting on this forum. I posted the quote about Nikki being the best ref in her household. I did not write the other post about male refs with the same ability.
See, I have not contradicted myself at all.

Now before you go shooting off at the keyboard again, see how silly YOU make yourself look.

Reply #432934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I haven't seen a ton of him this year, but Paul Welborne is better than at least half that panel - and MILES better than the two being talked about most in this thread. Why isn't he doing finals?

Reply #432977 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:21 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754