Nutwork
Years ago

Going to watch an NBA Game (Brooklyn)

Looking for some help from my fellow hoopsters. To those that have been to an NBA game in the States what is the best way to get tickets? (Is it stub hub?)

I am looking to go to the Nets v Pacers at Barclays Center in November and thought I would check with those that have experience with these matters.

Also if you have been to a game in Brooklyn let me know the do's and don'ts of travel and seating and the like.

Thanks Hoops fans.

Topic #32397 | Report this topic

The Situation  
Years ago

I just bought some tickets through StubHub for games this season. The process was easy and they will be sent to me electronically late October, when the tickets are actually released.

StubHub is basically a legal scalping site and I am led to believe you are covered from fraudulent actions, like fake tickets being sold or the same ticket being offered multiple times.

Your biggest concern is price! I paid $500 a pop for Bull Knicks at the Garden in early December. Lower tier but off in the corner.

Reply #432218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I bought tickets for a couple of Lakers games last summer and simple went through the Lakers website and followed the 'tickets' link.
It is through ticketmaster, I was able to log in as per normal if buying tickets for a local event and all I had to do was collect my tickets from the stadium through the 'will call' booths before the game - which only required photo ID such as a drivers licence.

I found the process easy and was the same process for purchasing tickets for the NFL.

Reply #432220 | Report this post

daneo  
Years ago

Have bought tickets through the teams website and through scalpers on game day. Most will sell online in advance, I think there was a problem with Maddison square garden though needing a US credit card.
Got a ticket for Jazz v Clippers(when clips were TERRIBLE) a few years ago through a scalper out the front of staples. We bought them on the condition he walk us up to the front gate to make sure we could get in.

Reply #432222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Went to five games a few years ago. Bought some tickets through the NBA and some through StubHub. All done online and all went smoothly.

NY subway is great. Very easy to get around.

Reply #432227 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

I can vouch for StubHub as well. Used it last year for Barclays Center in fact.

Reply #432228 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Thank guys.

Dan any tips for Barclays, are all of the seats pretty good?

Reply #432229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hi Nutwork

Use StubHub but don't go for whatever prices are available right now.

If you are patient and monitor daily you will get a bargain. ROFL @ paying $500 for regular seating.

For example I've paid $300 each for a private suite at a Lakers game. There will always be someone trying to get rid of their tickets in a firesale.

There are many locals there who buy tickets and then resell for profit because of all the n00b tourists wanting to experience the NBA in NYC, LA.

Good luck.

Reply #432346 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Nutwork, I scored some pretty nice seats towards the back of the lower bowl when I was there so I can't really judge how far up you'll be able to get away with, but my now-rather-hazy recollection is that the nosebleed seats didn't look all that bad.

Reply #432352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nutwork good choice going to Barclays Center over MSG. The Yanks like to hype it up because of its history but it is a dump. Last time I went after the 2012 renovations and it still sucks.

Reply #432353 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

StubHub and other sites like that are best bet, but you can get some serious deals on Craigslist (mate got floor seats for lakers for only $100 each couple years ago) if you are lucky.

Reply #432433 | Report this post

Tige165  
Years ago

Went to 3 games last year. Purchased 2 sets of tickets through stub hub as games were sold out. 3rd ticket was orlando vs Heat I emailed orlando and asked as I was coming from Aust what was the best way to get tickets they emailed me a pre sale for ticket 2 day before released to public. Got seats 6 rows behind basket.
Tickets will sell out fast for Brooklyn so try to get presale or stubhub works well.

Reply #432451 | Report this post

Simon  
Years ago

Hey,

Stubhub Worked great for 3 games last year for myself..got some great bargains aswell.

Reply #432453 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

I use StubHub all the time - easy & safe.

Don't know about Brooklyn but got some real cheap seats at MSG in the area set aside for wheelchairs.

Reply #432460 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

"ROFL @ paying $500 for regular seating."

I'd rather pay the $500 now and guarantee the seat than risking missing out. ROFL that you think $500 is a lot of money.

Reply #432570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep use Stubhub been to LA, Knicks, Heat with no dramas.

Good thread until last post - wtf - stop crying because you got ripped off mate.

Reply #432712 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Yeah I'm totes devo.

Reply #432718 | Report this post

NBAmegafan  
Years ago

Nice to see fellow Aussies doing their research and being shrewd and savvy with NBA purchases.

If any of you guys are going for the first time when you pop your NBA cherry you will be amazed.

Liked the Craigslist tip. My advice always buy after the season starts up when season members get fatigued and start selling off single game tickets. Enjoy.

Reply #432773 | Report this post

Big G  
Years ago

I went to 4 games at the start of last season Brooklyn was the first easy to get to on the subway from Manhattan. I purchased $100 tickets and sat in the second tier. All tickets purchased through stubhub and had no problems. wait a week before the season starts more electronic tickets become available as their members receive the season tickets

Reply #434030 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:21 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754