Isaac
Years ago

Sixers starting five

Would you start Nash (6 PPG and 8 RPG last season) or Holmes (12 and 8)?

Would you start Rees (4 and 3) or Cooper (6 and 4) or neither?

I'm assuming that Maher, Farley and Rychart are certain starters.

Topic #324 | Report this topic

tr  
Years ago

Starting five to include Nash and I don't really think it matter on who starts in the middle. Rees and Cooper, very similar.

Holmes to be 6th man adding some energy and spark of the bench.

Reply #2464 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I think this season will have a very fluid starting 5, depending on the opposition.

Maher, Rychart and Farley all guaranteed to start.

Holmes should be starting (remember, he is a future Boomers captain), but can start anywhere from the 3-5 spots.

Personally, I would tend to go for a starting 5 of Farkley, Maher, Holmes, Rychart and Cooper.

Cooper can run the lanes with the more athletic big guys, and has the bulk in the keyway.

If you are playing lesser mobile big men (ala Pepper, Cullen etc) start Rees to create a bit of space in the key, allowing Maher and Farley to penetrate at will.

Oscar is also a starting option, and hopefully will step up to the plate and play with potential he has been promising for the last 3 years.

Reply #2471 | Report this post

bada bing  
Years ago

Where abouts is Cooper storing all of his bulk because i am yet to see it. He is theleast bulky player in the league.

Reply #2483 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I remember from when we played Cairns last year, he is deceptively bulky, very much like Oscar.

Whilst he cant out muscle players like Bradtke, he certainly has a very dominating key presence.

Reply #2491 | Report this post

bada bing  
Years ago

I think you'll find that he is being severely overated and will not be a very good player, more a 5-15 mins a game guy.

Reply #2494 | Report this post

From a very good source I think you will find the first game will start as follows

Maher
Farley
Holmes
Rychart
Rees

Reply #2502 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Who is the front runner to back up Farley?

Reply #2529 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I believe Darren Ng would be backing up Farley.

I think that Jason Williams, Nathan Hawkes and Christian Bell are all under consideration to back up Maher.

Reply #2534 | Report this post

kdfha  
Years ago

Yeah i think you guys have got it covered...Rees and Cooper much of a muchness. I just hope Farley is as explosive as ever and HOLMES HAS TO START (unless nash has a defensive job to do).

Reply #4033 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:16 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754