#45 hoops
Years ago

NBL v.s NBA

Stupid hypothetical question:

how would and NBL team fare against a NBA team?

lets make the best odds, lets say this seasons Perth Wildcats team ( including james ennis )
were to go against the bobcats?

thoughts? and chance for the wildcats at all?

Topic #32400 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Keep in mind that the Hornets have added Al Jefferson.

Reply #432257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They've played before, MacDonalds cup over a decade ago.

Reply #432260 | Report this post

Leeroy  
Years ago

love hypotheticals.

As a cats fan, I think they would get creamed.
probably around 30 points in it.
I wouldnt see Ennis making much impact.

Love to see this happen tho.

Reply #432261 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

While the Bobcats were terrible, I think their length and agility on defense alone, and their speed up and down the floor would be way too much for the Wildcats to handle.

Sure Walker is short, but he is super quick. Then at the 2 you have Henderson who is 6-5 I think, MKG at the 3 who is 6-6/6-7. Biyombo at the 4 brings mega shot-blocking and he jumps out of the gym, and at the 5, whether they use McRoberts or Mullens, you have 7-0 guys who won't get any shorter.

Off the bench you had shooters like Gordon and Taylor, bigs like Thomas, Haywood & Diop. And you had Sessions backing up Walker. The Wildcats wouldn't get within 30 IMO.

Reply #432262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In 1995 the Wildcats played the Houston Rockets in the McDonald's Championship. The Rockets managed to just eke out a small victory, winning 116 - 72.

Reply #432267 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

^ and that was without Hakeem.

Reply #432270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't Drexler sit out that game too?

To be fair the Wildcats played like deers in headlights and doubt an NBL team would do that now but yeah any NBA team would annihilate an NBL team.

Reply #432333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As much as I'd love to see us compete with NBA teams, I doubt we'd fair well against NCAA teams

Reply #432338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

James Crawford was the only one who matched the quality of the opposition in that McDonalds Championship match

Reply #432452 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Here's what I reckon of three different scenarios:

1 Game in Australia, top NBL vs bottom NBA, FIBA rules, Aussie refs = very tight ball game

2 top NBL vs mid-level NBA, mixed rules, neutral venue, neutral refs = NBA by 20-30

3 top NBL vs top NBA, NBA rules, played in US, US refs = NBA by 40-50

Reply #432458 | Report this post

#45 hoops  
Years ago

wildcats would easly beat any ncaa team IMO

Reply #432461 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:09 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754