KC
Years ago

When will Popp leave Kilsyth

Cobras are not the dominant club they used to be and it's very sad.

Most of their 1 teams struggle to make VC and when they do they finish near the bottom. Their development 3 and 4 teams are only making EQ when they used to make Metro.

When is enough going to enough?

Is it time for a new DOC? I think so

Topic #32504 | Report this topic

anon  
Years ago

Didn't they win the mens Big V Youth League Championship?
I wish our club had someone like him!!!

Reply #434182 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Popp is a gun.

Reply #434184 | Report this post

KC  
Years ago

I'm coming from the development of their junior program angle. All he cares about is the seniors! Meanwhile their juniors are falling about

Reply #434192 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

At a Youth League level they have done well...but not really converted it into SEABL success so is he responsible for that to?

If they are struggling at junior level is he directly responsible? Or is it a talent issue??

Reply #434200 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

hahahahahaha calling out Popp, damn lucking to have him...

Reply #434216 | Report this post

KC  
Years ago

Well maybe he should just coach rather then head up the whole program.

Reply #434218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Popp as DoC is good and then a 2IC below him with an emphasis on junior development would be a good idea for a club the size of Kilsyth.

Hes well credentialed... be happy you have someone of his level of experience and knowledge

Reply #434219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Speaking of Kilsyth. SEABL Head coach of 10 years Grant Wallace has been sent packing.

Reply #434305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The women's position is also being advertised

I'm not sure wallace has been sent packing... I think he's now heading up the Basketball Ops of BV

Reply #434308 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Kilsyth are going through a slight down period with juniors. Every club does at some point. I dont see him as being responsible for this and I dont see the culture changing there. From time to time he has made some poor choices in coach selection but everyone makes mistakes.

Reply #434310 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

It was probably time for Kilsyth to have a change in the Men's SEABL program...they have been a mid-table team for a while so maybe a new voice and some fresh faces can bring a can in fortune.

Reply #434316 | Report this post

Meegan  
Years ago

I have had a number friends remove their children from the Kilsyth program due to the way it is run, as did I. Massive changes in the past 5 or 6 years and as a result the junior program which was once very competitive and strong is now struggling to hang on to playing VC and more likely to be playing Metro 1. While I did read all clubs go through these periods, you will have to remind me again when Knox,Bulleen, Melbourne, Dandenong had their first teams in Metro 1 or 2 ?

There has been massive club resources put into D League teams so they should be at the top of the ladders.

SEABL success has been very rare for the men and have to go back a while to see the women with finals success. Why that is, you would have to ask past coaches I guess.

Reply #437041 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NEVER !! Nobody else would want him anyway.

Reply #437076 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:31 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754