Anonymous
Years ago

Sydney Kings v Melbourne Tigers pre season

NBL is back tonight!

Can watch online thanks to the Kings. Link below
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sydneykings

Both imports for the kings are playing and will be at full strength. Looking forward to seeing them in action to gauge at what type of players they are.

Worthos suiting up for Tigers and am unsure whether there imports are playing.

Should be worth a watch for avid NBL fans if your bored on your Friday night.

Topic #32516 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Game starts at 7:15 EST forgot to add.

Reply #434385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings are down 15 at half time 38-23. Ogilvy isnt playing either is Harvey.
Tigers missing Walker, 7ft import, Greer and Odigie.

Not impressed with Sydneys imports at all but Dennis is a beast for the tigers! He is very Darnell Mee esque.

Long and quick! Has hit a few shots but his 3 ball is questionable.

Reply #434393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ugly game but preseason so to be expected.

Reply #434395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So goulding and Wortho have 5 fouls with 3 minutes to go yet still on the court?

Reply #434397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shocking performance from the Kings. Their new imports looked like they'd struggle in SEABL so they'll need to improve a lot or it's going to be another long season for the Kings.

For the many Ben Allen fans...
2 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 turnover & 5 fouls in 17:35
Yeah baby!

Reply #434420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heal stunk coaching the Dragons, his QBL stint wasn't anything special and now stinking it up at the Kings. Nothing new.

Reply #434435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hes not that bad...

Reply #434453 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

IMO, Heal is a very good coach.

They came within a whisker of the top 4 last season (had the same record as the Tigers).

It's not like Heal had a stacked roster either. He had budget imports. His strength was been able to ensure players did their job (pretty cohesive defensive unit.)

What i like about Heal is that from my point of view it seems like he can relate to the players. Because he is still only a few years removed as a player he can understand things from a players AND a coaches perspective.

Madgen has benefited from this enormously. Primarily because Heal was a shooter in his hey day and so is Madgen.

Reply #434454 | Report this post

Ganymede 86  
Years ago

Game two Tigers 95 - 74
http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/3352/00/66/77/358FAmqOENQlU/

Reply #434456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watched the last few minutes of that second game. Dennis looks really impressive. MacMillan was great on the boards. They won comfortably which I think says more about Sydney. Hopefully come the season the Tigers have a few more offensive plays to run. They were too reliant on running iso plays for Flynn, Goulding last season with not a lot of movement off the ball, and obviously with Dennis they've got another good one-on-one player, but in the NBL zone defense and a packed key make it hard to play that NBA style all the time.

For Sydney it's definitely concerning even though it's early days. Sanders looks ok and has a bit of Dellavedova about him, but needs good players around him to really flourish. Ogilvy should help with that. The concern with Carmouche is that his shot wasn't dropping and he wasn't able to get to the line at all. I actually think both imports could do well in this league in the right circumstance but I'm not sure they're good fits in Sydney. They're too guard heavy and undersized.

Reply #434457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have heard he is well under salary cap and support services for the players..... makes it extra hard.

Reply #434458 | Report this post

Ganymede 86  
Years ago

Carmouche I reckon will be similar to Andrew Warren. First year out of college inconsistent but will win a game or two himself

Reply #434462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heal is a shit coach hence why Bruce and crosswhite pulled the pin on him because he has favourites aka madgen, white and Harvey!

Reply #434467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Carmouche in Game 1 had 8 pts (3/14 fg, 2/6 3p) & 4 reb in Game 2 had 3 pts (1/12 fg, 1/6 3p), 7 reb & 5 to.

Hope he didn't unpack his suitcase!

Sanders not much better in Game 1 had 8 pts (1/10 fg, 0/3 3p), 9 reb, 2 ast, 3 stl and in Game 2 had 6 pts (2/7 fg, 0/1 3p), 7 ast, 5 reb, 4 to.

Odds we'll see a Townsville situation from last season with Jason Forte & Curtis Withers?

Reply #434469 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Anon,

Bruce hasn't got a deal in Australia or overseas as far as I am aware.

Crosswhite retired from the NBL.

So no, they didn't pull the pin on him:

- Bruce was overrated at Sydney and probably lost them a few games they should have won.

If he pulled the pin on Heal, why hasn't he got a deal with another team. I think its more the fact that every other team has pulled the pin on him.

Same with Crosswhite. If he had pulled the pin on Hammer, he probably would have played with another team like Cairns.

The fact he effectively retired from all basketball shows you he was more disenchanted with basketball/the league than he was with Heal.

Reply #434481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MACDUB - They came within a whisker of the top 4 last season (had the same record as the Tigers).

--

They finished fourth and lost to NZ in the semis.

Reply #434486 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Yeah, noticed I got that wrong.

Good, it even strengthens my argument as to his coaching ability.

Reply #434488 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think it was Heal who responded to pre-season critics on Twitter saying that they didn't understand the process. Sure, it is only pre-season, but obviously the same goes for the other team you're playing, right?

Reply #434557 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:34 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754