Phillip Johnson
Years ago

PERTH WILDCATS VS SBL ALL STARS

First Wildcats pre season hit out against Ty Harrelson and his SBL crew. Ennis set to fly, and hoping for a great game

Topic #32576 | Report this topic

Benno  
Years ago

Please let us know how James goes!

Reply #435180 | Report this post

Phillip Johnson  
Years ago

James has 6 points at the half on 1 of 7 shooting and 4 of 4 from the line. Hoping he lifts in the second half

Reply #435183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

4-15 from the field now. Haha

Reply #435184 | Report this post

Phillip Johnson  
Years ago

Yeah, oh well, first game on Aussie soil, he will get better!!! Getting Damo, knight and Jermaine Beal in will help him a lot

Reply #435186 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Give drake that last spot! Definitely didn't look out of place

Reply #435192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ennis 4-15 vs SBL players
Probably best to dump him now to give the team max. time to find his replacement

Reply #435193 | Report this post

Mark  
Years ago

Good to have a first look at the Cats. Here are my thoughts on some of the players.
Redhage - looked in good form and fit. Playing overseas in the off-season may see him primed for a big season. Rough MVP chance?
Hire - usual self, but got fouled off early in the third
Wagstaff - shooting was on today, looks like he may have bulked up. Will be needed to cover Knight if they don't sign a replacement.
U'u - didn't look out of place out there. Ran the point, scored a bit. A few turnovers though that Gleeson wasn't happy with.
Ennis - shot a few threes, none went down. Looks to be able to run the lanes and get the to hoop relatively easy.
Jervis - looked a bit soft and skinny. Didn't get many boards and this was a game against his SBL peers...
Masunda - not sure who he is or where he came from. Played the point for a bit to allow U'u to play the 2. Not a bad shot. Unsure if it is him vs U'u for that last guard spot?
Louis Timms - looked very good, couple of block and a dunk. Again not sure who he is or where he is from, but a potential DP, player of the future.
The rest - some SBL/training players to cover the injury gaps. Purser looked like he has improved.
The missing - Martin, Beal, Knight (not at the game), Burdon (wasn't even on the bench - still in SA?)
Matt Nielson - spotted in the building, perhaps back living in Perth with his wife (she is from here)

Reply #435194 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Makes me laugh that people are so desperate to see the Cats fail that they take one meaningless practice match to predict how things will pan out for the season.

Reply #435195 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Agree with situation on that one a hand full of top players missing and Ennis a bit rusty in first practice match hardly cause for concern. We are soft at centre without Knight hope Nielsen can fill in (fingers crossed)

Reply #435197 | Report this post

Adam  
Years ago

Wow... Some people have no clue.

Whole billed as a pre-season game, this was nothing more than a training session scrimmage. A light one at that.

Ennis was CLEARY taking it very easy.

This game was a try out/test for Uu and fringe development players as well as a chance for the cats to get through some specific plays and offensive rules.

Casual fans need to up their Bball knowledge if they want to throw out outlandish comments like sacking Ennis.

Reply #435201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Taking it easy? No place for that in a Wildcats uniform. I'm starting to worry if this guy is committed to the NBL or just down here to phone it in and cash his generous pay check.
I saw on another board a person at the game made the comment that not only was he shooting poorly but he wasn't working hard enough in other areas either. Hope he doesn't think he can just throw down a couple of dunks a game and totally ignore defence.

Reply #435202 | Report this post

Adam  
Years ago

^ u have no clue.

It's a training scrimmage.

If rather my investment take it easy and not get injured.

You have no clue. Ennis performance is being closely monitored by the heat.

If Ennis wants in on the NBA he'll need to perform at a superstar level to impress them.

There is less risk of Ennis "collecting a pay cheque" than hiring a 25+ year old import who's just a journey man.

This whole "there's no such thing as taking it easy as a Wildcat" is some idealistic foo foo that small minded fans throw around like there's this holier than thou thing about being a Wildcat.

It's a preseason game. The coach has specific goals which fans aren't privy too, but if u know anything about the game of basketball when u watch the game u can see what they are trying execute.

U're entitled to your opinion but you should really sve your breathe instead of looking like an idiot.

Reply #435205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sitting behind the bench... Ennis was instructed to take it easy due to his groin. When he did step it up a bit in the 3rd he came off cos he tweaked it again.

Reply #435213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OK look I appreciate the opposing points of view but I could live without the personal attacks. I'm really not an idiot you guys just seems a bit precious to me honestly. I'm going to assume this Ennis cat is a bit on the dud side until he proves otherwise. History and odds are with me. That's just how most NBL imports work out.
If he starts playing great then I will give him full credit for that I have no problem with that. He will verse some better players in the blitz so well see what happens there maybe he will lift his effort accordingly. But remember he was drafted at around the same pick as Ben Pepper was so he is not exactly destined for instant superstardom just because he has posed in photos with a Heat jersey.

Reply #435219 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

" I'm really not an idiot..."

...but then...

"He will verse some better players..."

The point is, its one game. If you're the same guy who suggested he should be sacked already, then its hard not to think you were being idiotic.

Reply #435229 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Sack Ennis, sack Gleeson, Martin and Knight didnt even play so sack them too.

Reply #435235 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Burdon wasn't on the bench. Probably got sacked too.

Reply #435238 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Already gone is the mail.

Reply #435240 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Serious?

Reply #435241 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Do you really think Im serious?

Reply #435244 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I only asked because it seemed unusual for him to not even be at the game.

Reply #435245 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Maybe he had shaved his beard?

Reply #435251 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Possibly. There was one guy at the end of the bench who I couldn't identify but it looked like he was in civvies. I may be wrong, it could've been him.

Reply #435253 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Sorry, not "civvies." He just didn't look like a player at all.

Anyway, thanks for the confusion!

Reply #435257 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Thats it, youre sacked.

Reply #435259 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Well, I am none from 4 in this thread

Reply #435260 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Didn't suit for the Pioneers so could he be injured?

Reply #435261 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Being serious for a second, he is out with a groin. If he wasnt that guy on the bench he could well have been in Mt Gambier with his team for the SEABL Conference Final (or still on his way back).

Reply #435263 | Report this post

Adam  
Years ago

Burdon has been in Perth. I'd find it odd for him to leave and then return if he's injured. Mathiang Muo was at the game on crutches, but Perth's new resident hipster Burdon was no where to be seen.

I also asked my friend if he'd been quietly let go?

Matt Neilson was also in the building.

To the anonymous not-idiot: Ennis is unlike any other import to come into the league. Do some research, find out why he's different to other imports to play in this league.

If you can't work it out based on the info available online then unfortunately you are an idiot.

This isn't a personal attack, it's just common sense.

Reply #435282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think it's odd for a player to leave when his team is in SEABL finals. It's what usually happens.

Reply #435285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NAME: Louis Timms

POSITION: Forward/Centre

HEIGHT:205cm

BIRTHDATE: 12/10/1991

BIRTHPLACE: Perth

RECRUITED FROM: Stirling Senators

CAREER HIGHLIGHTS: 25 pts and 20 rebounds WABL Div 1

He looks like a very handy player to develop like they did with Trueman

Reply #435288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon is correct with most points, but Louis Timms played SBL this year with Kalamunda- where he really flourished under the coaching of Coach Warren Kuhn, who, unlike almost every other coach in Australia (well at least W.A) did not tell Louis to stay when defending a shot, instead he coached Louis to jump and block the $hit out of the ball, hence why he is such a great blocker!

Reply #435351 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

also, the career highlights are outdated, he had many double-doubles this 2013 SBL season!

Reply #435352 | Report this post

agrid  
Years ago

Correct on both counts.

Timms has got a lot of game and Kuhn is the only coach in WA that knows what he is doing.

Reply #435372 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:16 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754