Pen15
Years ago

Delly signs with Cavs

Word on the Twitterverse is that Matthew Dellavedova has signed a guaranteed contract with the Cavs. Details to follow.

Topic #32583 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

All I can find online:

2 year, $1.3 million non/partially-guaranteed contract
Nothing on ESPN, NBA or various Cleveland news sites at this point.

Reply #435330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So does that mean he is signed or not?

Reply #435333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Signed for veterans camp, longer if he impresses.

Reply #435334 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

A contract is not a contract until pen is put to paper. Just speculation at this stage.

Reply #435335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the contract is non guaranteed so they can cut him at any time

Reply #435337 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

I suspect that's the case Isaac, what people are reporting now on twitter might be what has been known since early august as reported on hoopsworld.com, that is the 2 year non/partially guaranteed contract for $1.3 million.

Reply #435340 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

saw this comment on reddit in reference to Delly.

"With Jarrett Jack on the team, he likely won't play much unless Kyrie gets hurt. So what I'm saying is he'll play."

I think that's another reason Cavs would be looking to sign Delly not just the obvious play-making ability, leadership, passing game and three point/FT percentage but as he was SMC gaels all-time leader in Games Started in the four years he was there, meaning he's pretty reliable. Whereas there are some concerns that Kyrie could spend some time out due to an injury given he's had a history of injuries both at college and NBA, not Bogut or Oden level but still some concern.

Reply #435342 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

A couple of people have tweeted to say that it's a done deal so maybe we'll see more soon. I think he deserves it and that they have picked well.

Reply #435346 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

I would love to hear it from dell first, after training camp is complete all will be reviled. If it doesnt all workout i hear philly is looking for a pg...

Reply #435350 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Nothing concrete yet - its the same non-guaranteed contract deal he signed over a month ago. No new news yet and I doubt we will see anything until at some stage during training camp.

Reply #435358 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Tim Gossage reported on channel 10 news in perth that he got signed, but didnt go into specific details.

Reply #435360 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Everyone seems to be jumping on the fact he signed a 2 year non/partially guaranteed contract for $1.3 million. This was over a month ago - and it means he not not guaranteed anything apart from an invitre to training camp and to receive a wage until he either signs a guaranteed contract or gets cut.

Reply #435367 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Yeah LC, it's great that there is so much interest but quite strange that some news sites and Ch 10 news are reporting this as 'new' news when it has been on Hoopsworld.com for over a month.

Reply #435370 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

He isn't quite listed on the Cav's playing roster yet, however he is on their salary cap listing for the 1.3mill.

I guess they have to account for the dollars somewhere...

Reply #435375 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Delly tweeted this last night to clear everything up...

Matthew Dellavedova ‏@matthewdelly
Thanks everyone for the support (and birthday wishes)-have a partial guarantee which means I still have to make the team at training camp.

Reply #435383 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Hallelujah! Now hopefully that tweet settles a few people down...

Reply #435388 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly will take over this website from Mills for most people attempting to get on nuts. Poor bastard!

Reply #435405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly deserves it. Great to see Aussies in the NBA.

Reply #435417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How much does he get paid between now and if he is cut at camp? I thought they only get paid once the regular season starts so for now he gets nothing and perhaps never will if he does get cut.

Reply #435421 | Report this post

reggie  
Years ago

http://www.news.com.au/sport/basketball/boomers-star-matthew-dellavedova-has-twoyear-13-million-partiallyguaranteed-contract-with-nba8217s-cleveland-cavaliers/story-fndkzqrr-1226716341085

Reply #435521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Players always get paid for any time they spend with an NBA team.

Reply #435522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=266047

Reply #435902 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:06 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754