Proud Dad
Years ago

On making NITP squad

My daughter has been selected into the BNSW NITP squad. I am thinking this is a pretty 'big deal' for her. Am I right?

Topic #32605 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a start. If she is good enough it's a start.

Reply #435656 | Report this post

Years ago

time to take the next step and find out what basketball really means to her

Reply #435660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Congratulations for your daughter being selected.

Reply #435664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And the number of squad members is???

Reply #435672 | Report this post

Whitey  
Years ago

Congrats to your daughter, it's a great achievement.

Reply #435675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Congrats to your daughter. Focus, discipline and hard work are the keys.

Players have got to want it, to succeed

Reply #435677 | Report this post

Proud Dad  
Years ago

Thanks all for the supportive posts.
She wants it, but its quite a commitment so it will test her...
Sorry, don't know the numbers yet. Induction camp 12th Oct.

Reply #435695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

estimate around 120

it is a good achievement however many player enter nitp and don't take full advantage of the opportunites it presents. if they are willing to work and learn from the coaches they can go a long way... hopefully watkins isn't poached by another state

Reply #435697 | Report this post

Calisto 18  
Years ago

That's awesome! I started in the exact same position, making NITP! Hard work and determination will get her further from here! Next thing you will know. She will be representing her state and maybe even country through Basketball.

It's a great sport that can open up so many pathways if you want to put the time in to developing your game!

Just remember though 'A goal is only a dream without a plan to achieve it!'

Reply #435703 | Report this post

Proud Dad  
Years ago

Thanks Calisto 18.
How many years did you spend in NITP and did you get a lot out of it?
Lots of hard work ahead of her. Agree re Basketball being a great sport. We are relatively new to the sport but loving it. Only started her so she could meet other tall kids...

Reply #435721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not certain if BNSW uses same system as VIC, but VIC only selecting 16 players per age group in NITP so very elite program these days. (would have been 80+ last year at a guess)

Reply #435819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NSW run it as a money maker. Believe BTAS looking to do the same.

Should be about the best of the best.

Reply #435821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats a ridiculous statement

nsw has been getting improved results since increasing the numbers

Reply #435830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NSW cut from 130 athletes to 100 this coming nitp year. Interesting way of generating money......

Reply #435865 | Report this post

agrid  
Years ago

What percentage of NITP athletes go on to the next level in basketball?

Reply #435866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The vast %age of players that have gone onto state, national junior and senior national programs have been through the NITP program.

Reply #435867 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Anyone who comments on programs like this saying they are money making ventures is either totally uneducated and lacking in knowledge or experience about such programs or is a being an Online Troll!

State level programs especially, run on very tight budgets, coaches often attend camps luck to get accommodation and a feed, uniforms are usually partially sponsored if at all and venues always need to be paid for.

Yes, parents have to help out financially, but to suggest the NITP is a money making scheme in any state is poor form IMO...

Reply #435874 | Report this post

Proud Dad  
Years ago

I am new to this whole process, hence my initial post. Having seen the quality of players we know that missed out on selection, and now seeing what NITP involves for a relatively minimal cost over a 12 month program there is no way BNSW is making money from NITP. In fact I am in no doubt it is heavily subsidised...

Reply #435880 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

Well said Bear, lack of knowledge in some of these posts is a concern......

Proud Dad, i hope your kid enjoys the program mate.

Reply #435891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Settle down Ashke, there was only one misguided post re the program, the rest of the posts have been genuine discussion.

Reply #436073 | Report this post

agrid  
Years ago

I'm not surprised at all that many players that have gone onto state, national junior and senior national programs were from NITP. But that's not to say that they wouldn't have ended up there anyway. I was curious about the percentage of NITP athletes that go to the next level

Reply #436078 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:55 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754