Topic #32632 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

There you go
http://bit.ly/1449ywL

Reply #436213 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Not a fan of the font. I like the re-inclusion of the yellow inside the "36ERS" but the Adelaide should be in caps

Reply #436215 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I like it

Reply #436217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its horrible- enough said

Reply #436221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's pretty good. That is all.

Reply #436232 | Report this post

Years ago

fine by me - as long as they play

Reply #436233 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Not bad. I would have prefered to see Adelaide above the "ers" on the logo rather than above "36". And in uppercase too. Also either have the ball graphic in full, or no ball at all. The ball doesnt really add anything to the logo in my opinion. Still, its better than other logos going around, so not bad...

Reply #436236 | Report this post

Will Traveler  
Years ago

nice idea, horrible cheap font

Reply #436237 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

OMG who is designing these logo's the last couple of years. How about we go back to the classic 90's logo, 100 times better.

Reply #436249 | Report this post

froggy  
Years ago

it's cool, how we play is the important thing!

Reply #436250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Every chance you might play like your logo.

Reply #436256 | Report this post

Mack  
Years ago

Looks dated already, if you gonna do it, do it right

Reply #436258 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Very weak.... was no need to change IMO.

Reply #436259 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Being back the Supersixers!

Reply #436263 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wasn't a huge fan of the previous logo (really plain), but didn't see the need to change and certainly not if it's to something weaker. This one doesn't look to me like it had a professional logo designer behind it.

Look at the classic NBA logos and most have a really strong mark that can be used without any text and still be instantly recognisable. The Trailblazers shape, the Pacers P, Chicago's bull, the Grizzlies bear face, the Heat flame ball, Atlanta's hawk, Celtics' leprechaun, etc. The new Brooklyn logos are a good example too.

Not that "the 36ers" is a trivial concept to work with. There's not really an Adelaide skyline or mascot to work with. But you can look to the 76ers to see a couple of options or run with the magpie.

I think this was a missed opportunity.

Reply #436274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even a simple thing like moving the adelaide into the space above ers makes it a much more compact design.

Reply #436278 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

BORING

not much to work with though I guess.

Preferred previous logo to this one.

Reply #436279 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Even a simple thing like moving the adelaide into the space above ers makes it a much more compact design.
Then it reads right to left though. Not an option for that reason, IMO.

Could've gone back to this old logo:

And found a designer to modernise it. At least it's a classic starting point.

The previous halftone logo was at least concise and strong, despite not really saying anything.

Reply #436287 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

At least have capital letters for Adelaide.

When your team doesn't have a mascot like the Taipans, Crocodiles, Hawks etc. you need to come out with something special.

Can't just have ordinary font, and lower case letters.

BTW, my personal fav logo is the Hawks. Love their recent one.

Reply #436332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like it.

Looks good on my beanie and stubbie holder too.

It'll look even better on this season's championship banner...

Reply #436333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that the same ball that Basketball SA used before the new BA logo???????
Great new idea that!

Reply #436334 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Like Isaac said, it doesn't look like anybody professional was behind this. It's as if somebody played around with word art in the office and thought, yeah that'll do.
The logo is a minor thing to worry about in the larger aspect, but it is the first thing people recognise and associate with any company/brand. Get it wrong and you ruin the rest of the image you build up.
Also, why are logos being changed so regularly in the NBL? Why not do a great job one year and leave it for the next 5-50 years.
As long as we win in the end, that's all I'm really fussed about

Reply #436343 | Report this post

Mr Johnny Eade  
Years ago

Pretty average, but not as bad as Melbourne Tigers

Reply #436350 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

'334, I wondered that. Thought it might've been a purposeful tie-in.

Reply #436351 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

rofl are they for real. smh!

Reply #436356 | Report this post

Grovermi$ter  
Years ago

The reason behind it was ot standardise the lightning and 36ers coming under the one brand...

Its not too bad....

Along side the Lightning one they look good... i.e one CLUB...

Memebers day yesterday was ok could have been better but are better organised than previous years...

could have/should have had more cometitions organised and it would have been nice to see a littl emore compeitiveness between the lightning and 36ers in the scratch match they played..

however for it being the first one i have heard of it was a good start... could have been a lot worse...

bring on tip off!

Reply #436382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

maybe because the person who designed it worked for BSA in a previous life?

very ordinary my child could have done better

Reply #436391 | Report this post

Rasheed30  
Years ago

It's very boring to say the least. I've seen better designs at social games.
Obviously like everyone is stating as long as they perform on the court it doesn't matter.
But,they still need something that is eye catching. Most professional teams have multiple logos that
ultimately they can plaster all over merchadise to sell. This logo doesn't offer that.
It's like the NBL New Era caps that came out with a plain old letter on the front, wasn't executed correctly.

Reply #436400 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

There's a few factors to consider with designing a sports logo. Rather than reinvent the wheel and come up with something completely different, even if it is awesome, you need to consider a range of criteria before you can get creative:

1. History - Its important to keep a link to the past, while looking ahead when updating a logo. Keeping the fonts (whether you like them or not) and colours the same/similar as the previous logos is important - especially sports logos. Sixers have done that regardless of what you think of the design.

2. They're not rebranding, so therefore don't need a completely new look. Though finishing last in the standings in the past 2 seasons would prompt an off court makeover even if its minor.

3. As mentioned in a post above, it looks as though the reason for the change was to tie in with the Lightning and have similar logos (which i personally think is a crap idea as it makes it look like a branch of an agency... or a franchise), and therefore not unique.

Overall the logo certainly isn't great, but isn't too bad in the scheme of things. Its definitely average. In fact it has similarities to the Breakers logo, which is all lowercase and has no 'mascot' featured.

If it wasn't for the Lightning thing, they could have gone even simpler and adopted the Philadelphia 76ers logo and done something like theirs.

Reply #436401 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I prefer the logo which Isaac posted, personally think it's the best one we've had

Reply #436404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We need a new major sponsor not a new logo! Are we any nearer to a sponsor?

Reply #436408 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

It actually is a good logo, a good logo for a business letterhead, maybe even a great business logo but not a good design for uniforms/apparel. To me it just looks weak, does not stand out or portray something powerful/strong and why does it look so small on the uniform?? Shocking.

Why not get the fans/members to submit a logo and have a voting system? to get some ideas out. This logo is very disappointing and clearly was rushed by management.

Sorry management/owners (thank you greatly for keeping this club alive) but again a very poor decision. And using the reason 'to tie in the design with the lightning' would be an absolute joke if this was the case, for business purposes yes but not uniforms or sixers merchandise.

Something so simple and basic to do, yet always seems so impossible for this great club to do.

Reply #436435 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

The font is terrible, particularly the 36ers part. Also, whilst I am a huge fan of Adam Gibson who is a star of the team, the 36ers are a team, why depict a logo with 1 player?

Reply #436449 | Report this post

36Boggers  
Years ago

Oh man!! This just frustrates me so much... Does anyone out there want to support their club by purchasing and wearing proudly their teams identity?? Look how many people get around in NBA gear, the club as a visual entity is hugely important, and yet the club and most fans just seem to brush this off.

This again is a poor choice of logo and badly executed. I agree with many comments above, and yet in this hugely creative state we live in, and with all the talented illustrators and designers, they just seem to make this logo and after thought! I've been wanting to support the team by wearing their gear, but yet again, I won't be buying anything with that logo on it.

To people out there that don't quite understand the importance of this - having a strong image/brand behind you makes you look professional, anything done at half measures basically reflects you as that. Yes, I am an illustrator/designer so this is important to me as a fan. Don't make it a competition to vote on, there are too many talented folk in SA who could turn this branding around!

Reply #436490 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Also, whilst I am a huge fan of Adam Gibson who is a star of the team, the 36ers are a team, why depict a logo with 1 player?
Because it was a basic announcement and there might not have been room for the whole team. Not a big deal.

Reply #436498 | Report this post

Mr Johnny Eade  
Years ago

As people have said a logo portrays professionalism, it's your front face. Launching a new brand should be an event, not an afterthought.

Reply #436565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with so many posts. I don't like it at all. It was obviously done cheaply and is very uninspiring. It's a very 'flat' logo and not dynamic at all. A logo is part of the brand and it says to me that the brand isn't amazing. It needed more thought, probably money behind it and a design that has much movement. Aren't they trying to promote the excitement of the game and the entertainment element?

Reply #437074 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:57 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754